• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 2020 Ultimate Sale 8/14-8/24

Pantz

Looks like they gathered as many Ultimate/Complete/Deluxe editions they could plus lots of standard and backwards compatibility games too. Seeing some like Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition that doesn't go on sale very often.

Picking up any?

I have started the game on gp but is looong 😅

It took me a little while to really get into because it does demand some time and attention. It's worth it though, I'm nowhere near finished either but the game deserves my time with how well it's crafted and how well the story is told. The little things are so interesting. 80s was the coolest time.

Night.Ninja

Banned
If you haven't played star wars Jedi order get it from CD keys i got the dulux version the other day for under 20.

One of the best games this generation.

I am tempted to buy ancestors though.

Last edited:

Pantz

Got:
Rocket Knight (360) - $2.99
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Duke Nukem Bundle - $4.49
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - $1.99
Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition - $23.99
Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle - $23.99

Might go back for more.

Pantz

Went back and got:
Risk of Rain 1 + 2 Bundle - $11.54
Cities: Skylines - Mayor's Edition - $24.99
We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $19.99
The Escapists: Supermax Edition - $6.29
The Surge - Augmented Edition - $9.89

I'm a sucker for ultimate bundles on sale.

93xfan

Banned
Got:
Rocket Knight (360) - $2.99
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Duke Nukem Bundle - $4.49
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary
World Tour - $1.99
Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition - $23.99
Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle - $23.99

Might go back for more.
Got those 2. Great sale, but when will Hard Corps Uprising finally get a discount?

retsof624

Picked up:
Far Cry 5
Far Cry New Dawn
Borderlands 3
Metro Exodus
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: DE

...and still looking

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hot take: They would sell double the copies if it didn't have an anime artstyle.
And if was FPS shooter like COD with battle royal mode it would have sold even more, but it doesn’t mean it should.

The water colour anime art style what gives its unique look.

Any advice for a series newcomer?
No, just play it and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
For love of god please play Valkyria Chronicles 4 people, this game is so god damn under appreciated that its depressing.

Yep, I accept that it's not for everyone but I loved it.

7aU6CAw.jpg

Last edited:

Antwix

And if was FPS shooter like COD with battle royal mode it would have sold even more, but it doesn’t mean it should.

The water colour anime art style what gives its unique look.

No, just play it and enjoy the game.
For sure. I don't disagree with you. I haven't played VC4 but I did complete VC1 (and remastered) and I definitely enjoyed it. It is a great looking game but a lot of people, including myself for years, didn't give the game a chance due to not liking anime-ish looking games. I just think if they gave the art style a more "realistic" look with the same gameplay it would sell more and more people would give it a chance imo.

Danjin44

For sure. I don't disagree with you. I haven't played VC4 but I did complete VC1 (and remastered) and I definitely enjoyed it. It is a great looking game but a lot of people, including myself for years, didn't give the game a chance due to not liking anime-ish looking games. I just think if they gave the art style a more "realistic" look with the same gameplay it would sell more and more people would give it a chance imo.
I personally love the art direction in this I don't want it go to more "realistic for sake of selling more. Also game like Persona sold pretty well even to it has "anime" art style.

Do you think Dragon Quest should lose the iconic artstyle for realistic look for sake of selling more in west? FUCK NO!

Antwix

I personally love the art direction in this I don't want it go to more "realistic for sake of selling more. Also game like Persona sold pretty well even to it has "anime" art style.

Do you think Dragon Quest should lose the iconic artstyle for realistic look for sake of selling more in west? FUCK NO!
Definitely any game dev should choose the artstyle it wants. I was just replying based on what you said about the game being underappreciated. I just think it's due to the anime artstyle personally and it really is a shame since it is a great game/series.

Rossco EZ

some good prices on games, i picked up Dayz and Saints Row The Third Remastered mainly for the microsoft rewards punch card. (spend £35 for 4k points) & Battlefield 3, world at war and black ops 1 & 2 from BC section.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Definitely any game dev should choose the artstyle it wants. I was just replying based on what you said about the game being underappreciated. I just think it's due to the anime artstyle personally and it really is a shame since it is a great game/series.
Reality is some games will never be appreciated no matter how good they are but I don't want them to lose their great artstyle just to have more mass appeal.

Wizz-Art

Bought:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Need for Speed Heat
Zombie Army 4: Dead War
The Council
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary
Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition
Dishonored: Definative Edition

And with giftcards I redeemed with my MS Rewards points (for people that don't know, MS Reward Points are earned easy by simply shopping on the Xbox marketplace, doing searches on Bing, doing the Game Pass quests etc. so these games were essentially free as I redeemed MS reward points for 5x10 euro's worth of Xbox giftcards to get these games);

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Standard Recruit Edition
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Last edited:
Top Bottom