• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 E3 Media Briefing back on Spike TV

CyReN

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Spike-TV-and-Xbox-to-prnews-2676669119.html?x=0&.v=1

NEW YORK, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Spike TV, the #1 network for video game programming, has renewed its partnership with Microsoft Corp for exclusive broadcast coverage of the company's Xbox 360 E3 Media Briefing at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the game industry's leading trade show. A blockbuster 90-minute look at the biggest and best games and entertainment set for release later in 2011 and beyond, Xbox 360: The Future Revealed telecasts live and commercial free on Spike TV on Monday, June 6 at 12:30 PM ET / 9:30 AM PT.

"Spike continues to be the leading partner for the video game industry year-round, and our ongoing relationship with Xbox at E3 is a key part of that success," said Kevin Kay, president, Spike TV.

In addition to airing in high-definition on Spike, MTV Networks and Xbox will make the program available across a record number of digital platforms and screens. MTV Networks' GameTrailers.com will provide a live, high-definition video stream on the Internet, powered by the global Akamai HD Network platform. In addition the briefing will air live in Times Square, and be available for live streaming on Facebook, mobile platforms, MTV.com, Spike.com and Xbox.com/E3. For the first time, viewers will also be able to watch the full HD briefing on-demand on Xbox LIVE.

"We are excited to be back again this year working with Spike TV and MTV Networks to broadcast our E3 Media Briefing to millions of consumers around the world," said Don Mattrick, president, interactive entertainment business at Microsoft. "We encourage everyone to tune-in Monday as we world premiere our exclusive line-up of leading blockbuster games, showcase the next wave of innovation for Kinect and demonstrate new ways to experience the entertainment you love."

Xbox 360: The Future Revealed, hosted by GTTV's Geoff Keighley, will air LIVE from the USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles. During the 90-minute showcase, Microsoft will reveal its plans for the future of the Xbox 360 platform. This year viewers will be treated to a never-before-seen demo from September's Xbox 360 exclusive, Gears of War 3, one of the most highly anticipated games of 2011. Viewers will also see an exclusive new look at Forza Motorsport 4, the latest release in the acclaimed Xbox 360 exclusive racing series. The special will also reveal the latest in innovation for Kinect, the groundbreaking new entertainment platform launched last November.

The exclusive live broadcast of Xbox 360: The Future Revealed is a key component of Spike's unprecedented commitment to video game coverage at E3. Spike, home to the annual Video Game Awards, the biggest night of the year for the game industry, plans to deliver more than 20 hours of live E3-related programming across multiple platforms – including television, online, Facebook, and mobile – from a new, state of the art HD studio at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles, Spike and GameTrailers.com will unveil the biggest games of E3 before any other network with breaking news, live demonstrations, world premiere trailers, in-depth interviews and expert analysis.

Spike TV is available in 99.4 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE:VIA - News), MTV Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

Also they will stream on gametrailers.com for around the world - Geoff Keighley

-----
Really like this format, glad they brought it back again. Hope the other companies start doing something similar.

Garjon

Good for those in America who will now be able to watch the event without any laggy, low resolution footage. I'm really surprised at the Times Square screen viewing though, would the cost for doing this be remotely worthwhile? Won't there be issues with censorship etc? I do like the extravagance of it all though.

Garjon said:
Good for those in America who will now be able to watch the event without any laggy, low resolution footage. I'm really surprised at the Times Square screen viewing though, would the cost for doing this be remotely worthwhile? Won't there be issues with censorship etc? I do like the extravagance of it all though.

Actually I'd prefer to watch it online, but due to new AT&T bandwidth caps, I'm going to watch E3 coverage on TV.

Garjon said:
No. There's literally no one from
New York that stops in front of those screens to watch. The screens in Times Square are for tourists and even then they're only interested in pictures of them.

Anyway, I'm glad it'll be simulcast on gametrailers as well. I'll probably check it out on that.

BlazeDSM

Deadly Cyclone said:
I like the whole thing except for the part where I am at work. How about a night pree event next year MS!

AHHHHHHHHHH Same here. I really wanted to see this live.

AiTM

Banned
LQX said:
Great. This year I can finally watch it and the others on G4 in HD and record them.

Directv axed G4...now besides the MS conference, I have to watch the rest online.

Feels bad man

When gametrailers is doing there pre e3 bonus round next year and Geoff asks someone "so what does this company have to do to win e3?", if the first answer isn't "get a e3 show on spike hosted by Geoff Keighley" I will be disappointed.

SykoTech

fna84 said:
Anyone remember when E3 was shown live on G4TV...and they cut to commercials over important stuff?

Made me so mad.

Yeah, that was some major BS. Thankfully they went commerical free after that year.

I wish Spike would just broadcast all 3 since DirecTV dropped G4. Oh well, I'll just stick with watching online.

funkystudent said:
When gametrailers is doing there pre e3 bonus round next year and Geoff asks someone "so what does this company have to do to win e3?", if the first answer isn't "get a e3 show on spike hosted by Geoff Keighley" I will be disappointed.
It was poster up yesterday, and they didn't

Glad my provider just added spike hd and g4 hd

bozeman

I could've sworn I watched Microsoft's conference on G4 last year and their E3 ads this year are promising showing all 3 conferences. So...exclusive to what?

abundant

bozeman said:
I could've sworn I watched Microsoft's conference on G4 last year and their E3 ads this year are promising showing all 3 conferences. So...exclusive to what?
MS conference was only shown on Spike last year.

Garjon

Revolutionary said:
No. There's literally no one from
New York that stops in front of those screens to watch. The screens in Times Square are for tourists and even then they're only interested in pictures of them.

Anyway, I'm glad it'll be simulcast on gametrailers as well. I'll probably check it out on that.
That's honestly more people than I would have expected. Seems like yet another pointless waste of money that you think most companies at this point would wish to avoid (emphasis on most).

fna84 said:
Anyone remember when E3 was shown live on G4TV...and they cut to commercials over important stuff?

Made me so mad.

And the worst part of it was that they had been hyping commercial free coverage that same year. Liars.

LQX

Garjon said:
That's honestly more people than I would have expected. Seems like yet another pointless waste of money that you think most companies at this point would wish to avoid (emphasis on most).
You would be surprised how much affect subliminal advertising has on many people. And lets be honest that the jumbo screen in Times Square is not really meant for people to stand around and watch like they would TV at home unless its major event. Its just like a any billboard surrounding except it's not static.

Its really hard to question Microsoft's marketing strategy in the U.S. because they really have done a phenomenal job this generation. I was skeptical of their whole Times Square Kinect launch and had enough leftover crow for a month.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I thought I was gonna have to miss it but I just realized I'm done for the day at 12.15 that day. If I hurry home I'll make it.

Kibbles

Bring it, no commercials, all good. I'll watch it on Spike TV while on my laptop in chat and live-blogs and stuff like last year.
V_Ben said:
I just hope Keighley makes another power brick comment like last year. That was hilarious.
What'd he say?

SykoTech

The Faceless Master said:
it will be garbage if they have commercials.

There shouldn't be. I watched Microsoft's show on Spike last year and don't remember any commericals at all. I sure could have used some though, given the "quality" of their show last year.

Top Bottom