• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 emulation gets a lot better on PC

Dr.D00p

RDR at x3 res upscale = 9fps! on my 2080.

I'd love to know why they're using such a crazily inefficient method for doing the upscales in this emulator, is it to get around the ultra fast eDRAM on the 360? It's all I can think of really.

Last edited:

evanft

Just watched this video yesterday. Really happy to see Xenia making strides. Hopefully it sees the same kind of advancement that RPCS3 has experienced over the last 18 months.

GHG

Gold Member
Good to see.

This will end up being the only way to play the PGR series on modern hardware. Once those games are running well I will celebrate.

Just watched this video yesterday. Really happy to see Xenia making strides. Hopefully it sees the same kind of advancement that RPCS3 has experienced over the last 18 months.
RPCS3 is amazing, more and more of the library is playable too. Hope we get to 80% playable this year.

Dr.D00p

RPCS3 is amazing, more and more of the library is playable too. Hope we get to 80% playable this year.

Its a ridiculously unstable emulator as it stands, regardless of whether a game is marked as playable or not, it will still lock up/freeze at some point during gameplay.

SNG32

Its a ridiculously unstable emulator as it stands, regardless of whether a game is marked as playable or not, it will still lock up/freeze at some point during gameplay.

I find if your computer has a good cpu like 8 cores 16 threads and is strong enough to run games on OpenGL then it’s smooth sailing with this emulator. Vulkan even though it has a high compatibility in games with this emulator I find it freezes and looks up in a lot of games where that doesn’t happen with OpenGL. But the most important thing with Rpcs3 is the cpu I upgraded from a 6700hq intel to 5900hx ryzen 9 and it is night and day difference in terms of performance.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wuoxz4i.jpg

I’m secretly jealous as I have a really old Laptop that cannot play anything

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I’ll give this another try. Thanks OP for the heads up.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
i9 9900k @ 5GHz
RTX 2080
32 GB DDR4 3200
1TB NVMe SSD

Now, tell us how stupid you look, smart ass.
MVG's computer is more or less the same but on a 1080ti and his performance is nowhere that terrible. You sure you have you're settings right? MVG is very trustworthy. Or do you have the update windows put out that bunked performance on a ton of PC's? edit: O, I see you were talking about RPCS3...I have no comment. Not messed with that in years, but I've heard that Killzone 2/3 are finally playable and with a mouse and keyboard injector, which has me interested.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've yet to find a reason to jump back into emulation with 360 as I've just used the One X when I'm feeling like it, that said, once emulation can give me double the framerate on RDR and let me got back and play Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks co-op, I'll be jumping in. I've been spending a lot of time with CEMU lately and loving playing a bunch of Wii U games at good framerates and resolutions.

Last edited:

I can't say that you're wrong. There are some games that are stupidly un-optimized. I'm in a MGO2 Private Server Discord and there are many people who have similar specs to yours and still get framerates around 25-45 FPS.

It's really bad. Playing Metal Gear Online 2 is what made me realize that RPCS3 has a lot of work to be done for certain games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom