• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase 2012 Thread: Embargo's for everyone and everything.

derFeef

Ooh shit using heroes as pinball and score extra stuff in Fable:Journey nothing to be happy about. I guess i'll keep expectation low.

i think kinect heroes = journey, otherwise i don't think they'd be allowed to mention it. I'm hoping that they changed the name to drop some of the negative press after e3 where it was shown as an on rails game.

So without knowing anything about it, the game goes from a name to people knowing it will be pinball, plus is get's a name change. Man.

EagleEyes

Their lineup on XBLA this year looks amazing. I hope we get to hear on monday about titles like

Spelunky
Fez
Battleblock Theater
Deadlight
Minecraft
Trials Evolution
Hybrid
Mark of the Ninja

Vox Games article about the 360
Had this info in a box on the side
Some of the Games of Showcase 2012
Halo 4
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
Fable: The Journey
Darksiders II
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Kіnect Rush: A Disney·Pixar Adventure
Dragon’s Dogma
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13
Kinect Star Wars
Microsoft Flight (PC)
Bloodforge
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Diabolical Pitch
Joe Danger: The Movie
Minecraft
South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge
Tony Hawk HD
Trials Evolution
Quantum Conundrum

Tiger Woods sounds like it could be amazing in the next couple of years
Microsoft engineers met with the development team multiple times over the year. On one trip they brought the team new "machine learning technology" that allowed them to capture a myriad of different golf swings. The goal was to teach the game to recognize a good swing from a bad one. "We captured all types of swings from as many people as possible from (ages) 5 to 60, all sizes and shapes, everything you could imagine," Nielsen said. The more they captured the better the software became at recognizing the special movements that, when combined, form a golf swing. "It’s a huge advancement for the series," he said.

And that advancement won’t stop with this year’s PGA game, not with the investment the developers made in building up the technology. "In year one we didn’t want to go golf simulation, golf analyzer," he said. "But the ultimate goal is to offer the $60,000 simulation experience for $60 in your living room. The golf simulators that are out there, these $75,000 to $100,000 pieces of equipment, the fidelity you can get on these things are incredible. That is the holy grail down the road as we and Microsoft make advancements."
While EA won’t talk specifics, they have said that PGA Tour is the first of four new sports titles that will use the Kinect technology.

This is sort of the Microsoft annual equivalent of "Year of the PS3" "Just hitting its stride"...

I don't see how last year was their biggest year yet when it comes to first-party output, anymore than this year looks to be.

If he's talking about sales though, then it makes more sense.

Is is really that hard to read the first couple sentences of the post you responded to?

Is is really that hard to read the first couple sentences of the post you responded to?

I read the article. I note they talk about a variety of things; including quality vs quantity, and lumps in third party towards making it the "biggest year yet." I realise it's PR. On neither output measure though would one really consider last year to their biggest year yet, imo.

The long and short of it is, that I wouldn't really put too much stock in such PR - considering these are annualised stock phrases.

I read the article. I note they talk about a variety of things; including quality vs quantity, and lumps in third party towards making it the "biggest year yet." I realise it's PR. On neither output measure though would one really consider last year to their biggest year yet, imo.
When a company talks about it's biggest year and then NPD data is mentioned in the first paragraph, I think it's pretty obvious that he is talking about sales.

When a company talks about it's biggest year and then NPD data is mentioned in the first paragraph, I think it's pretty obvious that he is talking about sales.
The article frames it that way by interjecting Frazier's comment about December in there. But that doesn't really necessitate that's the context of his comments - he's the head of marketing for first party and the bulk of his talking points are around games.

If he is referring to sales though, which I concede he may well be then again, yes, it makes more sense.

Gaspode_T

I don't understand why they don't just stream reveals live to the world, every time they do this the same thing happens - some random website uploads footage or leaks info when they're told not to and have to sit on the info for more than 1 or 2 hours.

UberTag

I don't understand why they don't just stream reveals live to the world, every time they do this the same thing happens - some random website uploads footage or leaks info when they're told not to and have to sit on the info for more than 1 or 2 hours.
That would make too much sense to actually happen.

Furthermore, coddling the North American media (all of whom reside in San Francisco) and giving them exclusive access to stuff ahead of the rest of us peons is a big reason why the Xbox brand has built up so much mindshare this gen.

Feindflug

nope:

fable heroes (xbla).

i think the 4th is the new steel battallion (which was an exclusive for the first xbox).

So the surprises from the show were Fable XBLA and Forza Horizon? not what most people in here were expecting but welcome nonetheless.

Also IIRC MS is gonna announce a new IP later this year, maybe at E3.

Dabanton

All sounding good to me. More Kinect stuff is always welcome, especially optional use of it so at least people have a choice.

nasos_333

Their lineup on XBLA this year looks amazing. I hope we get to hear on monday about titles like

Spelunky
Fez
Battleblock Theater
Deadlight
Minecraft
Trials Evolution
Hybrid
Mark of the Ninja

Add

Dust Elysian Tale
Bloodforge
Crimson Dragon
Owlboy
Class 3 MMO
Fable Heroes
Sine Mora
Happy Wars

It is rather endless and i noticed that games become bigger and bigger releases and many are closing to retail ones

wwm0nkey

Add

Dust Elysian Tale
Bloodforge
Haunt
Crimson Dragon
Owlboy
Class 3 MMO
Fable Heroes

It is rather endless and i noticed that games become bigger and bigger releases and manu are closing to retail ones

Class 3 was at the showcase I imagine as they said we would hear A LOT about it during the spring.

Also Class 3 is just an open world co-op game to test the gameplay for Class 4 which will be the MMO.

nasos_333

Class 3 was at the showcase I imagine as they said we would hear A LOT about it during the spring.

Also Class 3 is just an open world co-op game to test the gameplay for Class 4 which will be the MMO.

I am personally interested more in class 3, since i dont play MMOs :)

Cant wait for more info on that one, will it have a single player mode too ?

who is the audience for that game anyway?

It's like one of those really obvious things "kinect + big franchise" that sounds good in a meeting but completely blows in reality.

I suggest you take a look into the recent Crimson Dragon thread and see how many people said they would be getting Kinect just for that game.

nasos_333

I suggest you take a look into the recent Crimson Dragon thread and see how many people said they would be getting Kinect just for that game.

Indeed, i expect Kinect to take off this year, since only now it is getting a serious lineup of games like Crimson Dragon, Mass Effect 3, Fable Journey, Ryse, Steel Batallion etc

A Gears spin off was rumored and would sell huge for sure, plus help Kinect sell even more, no doubt about that

OverHeat

« generous god »
Well I got my kinect free from MS and I almost never use it...I hate the fact that it seem to be their main focus from now on.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oh yay, new Forza and Fable titles... ZzZzZzZz... They've become way too predictable. I'm aware B-K didn't perform too well but I can't see why it shouldn't get another shot or why they aren't doing anything with PD.

FyreWulff

Oh yay, new Forza and Fable titles... ZzZzZzZz... They've become way too predictable. I'm aware B-K didn't perform too well but I can't see why it shouldn't get another shot or why they aren't doing anything with PD.

PD will never go anywhere with MS putting more backing behind Gears than Halo. It'd essentially have to compete against two other shooters that the studio publishes. Even after how well PDXBLA did, they never released any DLC for it like they were talking about.

In all honesty, PD would have worked better as Nintendo's FPS flagship than MS's. Gears and Halo will probably be trading off years at this point. No room :(

Brakara

CD suits Kinect, but I don't see how Gears would benefit from using Kinect at all.

The only Gears spin-off I'd like to see, would be a Gears of War Tactics for XBLA. That's never going to happen though.

Top Bottom