• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase on February 29th

The finnish magazine Pelaaja posted that Microsoft will held a Spring Showcase on February 29th. They even specify that Halo 4 will be there. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the pic(I asked a Mod), therefore I'll post the tweet:
https://twitter.com/#!/Kaban0ssi/status/164635388940525568

Update 1: Date is confirmed
IQPSF.jpg

Should have put Halo 4 in thread title for maximum thread traffic.

Not the biggest Halo fan but am excited to see what else they have cookin!

Should have put Halo 4 in thread title for maximum thread traffic.

Not the biggest Halo fan but am excited to see what else they have cookin!
I don't want to deliver wrong hopes to people. Right now, it is just this magazine which reports about a Spring Showcase on February 29th.

Leflus

Not expecting much, except for the Halo 4 news.

-Star Wars Kinect release date
-Kinect Rush PR/trailer
-XBLA trailers/release dates
-Maybe: Fable TJ or Ryse news

I'm hope they announce something completely new though.

Bring on the Halo 4 goodness. Not too early for some gameplay...right?

In theory it would be the perfect time to reveal it. It's away from most big releases, and far away from other big events to get the entire medias attention.

But I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to keep Halo 4 under lock and key until they can open their E3 conference with live gameplay, and make people love the 360 all over again.

Fjordson

In theory it would be the perfect time to reveal it. It's away from most big releases, and far away from other big events to get the entire medias attention.

But I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to keep Halo 4 under lock and key until they can open their E3 conference with live gameplay, and make people love the 360 all over again.
Ah, yeah, big stage presence at E3 is probably ideal.

Damn. Well I hope to be surprised with something interesting from 343.

Sean

Banned

They can have it both ways imo - unveil the multiplayer (or other modes like Firefight) at this event and save the splashy live demo of SP campaign for E3.

Miles X

They've been very secretive on Halo 4 so far (past games had plenty of info out at this point I believe) so there is probably enough info to spread between this and E3.

I'd really like them to surprise us with a new game announcement, but think they'd save that for E3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, engine render, sp trailer, multiplayer trailer or work in progress vidoc?

i think with the true reveal so late, we wont get an engine render ala halo 2/3. maybe a cutscene like we got from reach with some on stage multiplayer at e3 like halo 2?

KageMaru

2 years ago we got the reach Beta Trailer and announcement

Cool thanks, totally forgot about this. Even though I'm more interested in halo 4's campaign, I'd be happy with a beta announcement and trailer. Still not getting my hopes up though. =p

so, engine render, sp trailer, multiplayer trailer or work in progress vidoc?

i think with the true reveal so late, we wont get an engine render ala halo 2/3. maybe a cutscene like we got from reach with some on stage multiplayer at e3 like halo 2?

E3 will be the big and loud reveal showing the new mechanics and how they are changing up the entire Halo experience. I really doubt we will see anything of substance at this, perhaps a new render trailer, final logo and box art perhaps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
E3 will be the big and loud reveal showing the new mechanics and how they are changing up the entire Halo experience. I really doubt we will see anything of substance at this, perhaps a new render trailer, final logo and box art perhaps.

i always thought the render trailers were to show a glimpse of what the game would look like. at this point, 4 should be very far along and i doubt they've dumped resources into making an unrelated (to the actual game) engine render trailer.

you are right though, i dont see whatever this is as being the MAJOR reveal, so i'm leaning towards a gameplay work-in-progress vidoc like the early halo 3 and reach ones, or possibly a multiplayer reveal. (i know, dream big)

we'll probably get a full on single player reveal trailer/cutscene and gameplay at e3.

Wonders what else they going to reveal or show at this event except halo 4.
Maybe preview of next xbla gameblock not sure what comes before the summer of arcade.
Ooh and give me some Trials Evolution love.

jbug617

Banned
I expect to see a bunch of XBLA games (Fez, Retro City Rampage etc), Kinect Games (Star Wars) and 3rd party games (Mass Effect 3, Dragon's Dogma). Last year showcase was the first time Batman Arkham City was playable to the public.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More Halo 4 news in this thread than the latter half of the Halo 4 thread itself. My body is ready.

I'm guessing a new trailer for Halo 4, but it doesn't hurt to hope for some gameplay.

If it's just a prerendered trailer or even in engine cutscene (The Reach in engine trailer didn't look much like final gameplay), that's barely better than no trailer at all imo.

Gameplay or bust.

I expect to see a bunch of XBLA games (Fez, Retro City Rampage etc), Kinect Games (Star Wars) and 3rd party games (Mass Effect 3, Dragon's Dogma). Last year showcase was the first time Batman Arkham City was playable to the public.
To the public? Isn't the X12/"Spring Showcase" press-only?

I expect that the Press will see some Halo 4 stuff but they get a embargo for it. Still the event would be awesome if I get a release date for FEZ and RCR.

Top Bottom