• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

Uncle

sp0rsk said:
The Japanese version wouldn't be on his US gamertag, though, would it Mr. Gamer Tag Detective.

It wouldn't? You need a japanese profile to play japanese games? Wow, I had no idea.

FightyF said:
So checking people's gamertags is a "douchebaggey" thing to do now? Wow.

I think it's the greatest thing to happen to gaming message boards since the internet because it keeps things honest and ensures . Most people only play on one gamertag, so most of the time, it's a great way to separate the uninformed noise from actual discussion.

Sp0rsk and MrN think it sucks because I've called them out in the past for making claims about games they've never/barely played. I'm not sure what neojubei's issue is, but I still think it's awesome that in this day and age (at least on the 360), you need to come prepared before you bash/praise a game.

Haeleos, if you've been called into question, why not just give out your Japanese GT that you used to play those games to put it to rest instead of allowing the discussion to continue and the perception to be out there?

dammitmattt said:
I think it's the greatest thing to happen to gaming message boards since the internet because it keeps things honest and ensures . Most people only play on one gamertag, so most of the time, it's a great way to separate the uninformed noise from actual discussion.

Sp0rsk and MrN think it sucks because I've called them out in the past for making claims about games they've never/barely played. I'm not sure what neojubei's issue is, but I still think it's awesome that in this day and age (at least on the 360), you need to come prepared before you bash/praise a game.

Haeleos, if you've been called into question, why not just give out your Japanese GT that you used to play those games to put it to rest instead of allowing the discussion to continue and the perception to be out there?
I agree, and sometimes they show me there gamercard and I'm proven wrong. he seems like he might have played BD but not LO

Walshicus

dammitmattt said:

Damn straight.

pr0cs

dammitmattt said:
I think it's the greatest thing to happen to gaming message boards since the internet because it keeps things honest and ensures .
QFT, put up or shut up. Being able to see what people played without being at the console and having them on your 'friends' list is awesome. There is no logic in calling it 'douchebaggery'.

Hunahan

Banned
I really feel sorry for the people that can't get over their preconceptions about the Xbox brand enough to enjoy some video games. It's just sad these days.

This argument isn't even about this video game vs. that video game. It's about something vs. nothing, and people will still argue that nothing is better.

Final Fantasy XIII is going to be fucking amazing. But it ain't going to be fucking amazing this year.

You want to play JRPGs on a home console? Seems to me there's only one way to do that right now.

You want to track sales numbers? 360 lost Japan miserably. There's no argument to be had there.

But rather than becoming one of those sad Nintendo specimens that parties in the NPD thread and then cries in every game announcement thread, it's time to just put the console wars down and pick a system that's going to be releasing games that you are interested in.

If you're interested in PS3 games or Wii games or 360 games, I don't care. Great. I hope you find what you're looking for out there and are happy.

But for fuck's sake quit going on and on and on about how this or that won't sell or this "image" won't shake, or whatever the fuck has your panties in a twist.

Just pick the system that has the games you want to play and play them.

Like I said, it's just getting sad.

kassatsu

Banned
This thread used to be about people on the internet coming together to find leaked info, and is now just turned into a whiny argument.

.__.

Haeleos is the best troll I've seen on NeoGaf all week!

Nice work!

That is what is so great about the Internet. You cannot substantiate your arguments and prove you played these "shitty" RPGs, but you can pick from any one of the reasons below and nobody will ever know:

-You played it at your "friends" house?
-You have a dev kit?
-You have a Japanese gamertag?
-You pirate games (lol)?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
SadMan.jpg

My apologies, if this has been posted...but according to GamePro:

Insiders confirm several Activision, Microsoft leaks

GamePro said:
Yesterday, an internet leak detailed several unannounced projects and details from Microsoft, Activision, and other studios. Industry insiders have since confirmed that at least some of these leaks are legitimate.

The leak torrent from marketing firm Intellisponse regarding upcoming Activision and Microsoft projects, games and peripherals is indeed *mostly* the real deal, said one industry insider with first-hand knowledge of some of the events.

While not all the information contained in the massive Sunday evening leak can be confirmed as of press time, an industry source told GamePro today that the leaks containing screenshots, box art, or peripheral photos were likely legitimate as they closely aligned with publicly known information.
By the way...
FirstInHell said:
Haeleos is the best troll I've seen on NeoGaf all week!

Nice work!
:lol

I'd also like to laugh at the idea that checking someone's gamercard (to substantiate whole pages of whining) is a form of "douchebaggery."

Just popped my head back in this thread, why have sporsk and neojubei joined the "retarded argument" defense force?

Look, the original comment that started the argument was that the 360 didn't have diversity in any genres outside of shooters. When his error was pointed out, Haeleos continually moved the goal posts to

- shooters and sports
- then shooters and racers and sports
- then shooters and racers and sports bu bu but RTS don't count
- then shooters and racers and sports and RTS bu bu but what Puzzle games?
- then shooters and racers and sports and RTS and puzzle games bu bu but the JRPGs out all suck and all the coming JRPGs will suck because MS isn't good at filling in genre holes just look at the PS2 vs the Xbox

In a year where MS has not announced the publishing of a single FPS, and only one 3PS (Gears 2), and their exclusive lineup consists of:

Gears 2
Kingdom Under Fire: CoD
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden 2
Last Remnant
Viva Pinata 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Lips
Scene It! 2
Fable 2
GTA IV DLC

can we all just admit that it was a baseless argument with no merit? Especially since the 360 already has more games in every genre than the PS3/Wii sans platformers and lightgun shooters?

He already came out and said that he only said it to be sensational and derail the thread (which is probably the closest we're going to get to him admitting he was wrong), so why don't we all just move on?

Haeleos

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Gears 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden 2
Last Remnant
Viva Pinata 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Lips
Scene It! 2
Fable 2
GTA IV DLC

What you're, I guess, expecting me to do then when you say I move the goalposts is go through every single game on the 360 and tell you why shooters are the only thing keeping this console alive. I'm telling you all those releases you listed are insignificant compared to Gears 2, and they won't make differences in sales numbers for the console. Microsoft's E3 showing will be " Here is our shooter, and here is our other stuff..." all over again. Why not put Banjo in the forefront, why not really try to push something unique? The console has a handful of really weak puzzle games, why not put out something in that genre? Just because there are games that EXIST in genres outside of shooters, again, does not mean the portfolio is diverse. It's like you're saying even though genres are represented by shovelware on DS and Wii, their catalogues are still diverse. Wrong. They can release as many mediocre games as they want, you still have shooters + other stuff.

There are a lot of good shooters, and then there's a handful of games in other genres. PS3 and 360 share most of their sports games, so I don't know what you want me to argue here. There isn't a unique sports title on 360 that you can call the consoles own.

What in their lineup directly competes with FFXIII and Metal Gear? Sony is struggling to get FPSs to market that compete with 360s heavy hitters, while 360 is scrambling to get something quality to market in EVERY GENRE OTHER THAN SHOOTERS. 360 will always be moved by the console's shooter franchises, and I don't think they'll ever shake that.

Wow! Kingdom Under Fire. With LO and BD, they create the ultimate trifecta of gotta have RPGs! These games are still seeming as the afterthoughts of Microsoft desperately trying to fill out their lineup... especially when someone needs to use Kingdom Under Fire as an example. Microsoft should take a look at Sony's development on PS2, where they had a good first party game in nearly every genre, and concentrate on doing that. We get nothing from them but more useless junk to spend gamerpoints on in this announcement. Is everyone really THAT excited for Star Ocean 4!? Infinite Undiscovery has been announced for awhile now, and no one seems to really care about that. When was the last time the Tales games created any modicum of buzz? Like I said, it just looks like table scraps next to Gears.

But no one's reading what I said, everyone is still stuck back at the 80% FPS games post and I've explained what I meant by that already, so this is getting tiresome seeing posts still pop up quoting it and loling. MSoft's catalogue is pushed by nothing but FPS games. PS2 wasn't pushed by Killzone, so if next E3 is more Fuck Yea Space Marines from Microsoft, maybe there will be more people on my side of the coin here. Obviously when I stated that initially, I didn't individually count every game on the console, and it magically came out to be 80% FPS games on the console. If you look at the top rated games on the system that are universally acclaimed, you'll see outside Rock Band and Guitar Hero, there's only shooters.

I played Lost Odyssey into the start of the second disc. It wasn't under my gamertag, I don't have a Japanese xbox. I didn't pirate it. It's very simple as to why games aren't on peoples gamertags. The RPGs released thus far are just terribly mediocre. If this game was on that gamertag, you'd see I'd only played to the second disc anyways... and of course I can't have an opinion on the game if I haven't played through the entire thing, right?

jarrod

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Jcan we all just admit that it was a baseless argument with no merit? Especially since the 360 already has more games in every genre than the PS3/Wii sans platformers and lightgun shooters?
Eh, 360 clearly has less mini-game-fests than Wii. :lol

I think Wii wins for 2D fighters too actually though. And adventure games.

stotch

Banned
Haeleos said:
block of text above

So Haeleos doesn't like games that don't move consoles, and doesn't like games that do move consoles because they take E3 face-time away from games that don't move consoles. I guess that's fair, since Sony has creative, E3 headlining games like FF. This is like "it's no ff" to the nth degree.

Haeleos

stotch said:
So Haeleos doesn't like games that don't move consoles, and doesn't like games that do move consoles because they take E3 face-time away from games that don't move consoles. I guess that's fair, since Sony has creative, E3 headlining games like FF. This is like "it's no ff" to the nth degree.

Ugh. I'm out of this thread. We're putting words in my mouth now? If you can point out where I said I only like games that move consoles... I'm going to go play Overlord, but only because it moved consoles apparently.

Haeleos said:
Bunch of stuff

It doesn't matter what the majority of games are on a console if other titles can be found on it. The majority of content on any machine is what publishers think will make money on the machine and after Halo 3 and COD4 (as well as their forefathers) among others have sold in the multi millions can you really blame them for trying to get a piece of that on the console where they have made the brunt of their sales?

Now you want to complain about there being nothing else on the machine? There are games of every frickin genre on the box. I'm going to attribute your rant here to pure laziness.

stotch

Banned
Haeleos said:
Ugh. I'm out of this thread. We're putting words in my mouth now? If you can point out where I said I only like games that move consoles... I'm going to go play Overlord, but only because it moved consoles apparently.

You don't think I know how to scroll back one page? Your entire argument was putting down JRPGs cos of sales. Here's just a few:

Haeleos said:
I'm saying the titles that are being announced outside of Gears, which is their obvious heavy hitter, will not make a difference. They heard the criticisms of their portfolio last year, and this is all they can muster. Buying timed exclusives from Square Enix for their second tier games. You will never see Banjo Kazooie get anywhere near the hype or marketing budget that Halo or Gears gets. It's because MSoft's emphasis is still on FPS.

Mistwalker failed as much as Rare did. They just don't have the power to secure good development teams. I don't see these barely mentioned SE RPGs doing anything but continuing the trend of " Ok here's our other stuff besides Gears and Halo..." games.

How well does Star Ocean sell in NA? As that's the only big name they have in their RPG catalogue it seems... There is no power out of the gate with any of these titles the way Little Big Planet has. I don't even own a PS3, yet anyone can see how the hype stacks.

" Here's some random ass japanese RPGs. Hope they are good."

I think the game would have been released by now if Sony wasn't positioning it to be one of their bigger titles for the holidays. On the other hand, I'm wagering it will be a bigger system seller than the gajillion nameless JRPGs that are in MSoft's lineup.

Well, we have no idea if the jRPGs are going to be any good. I don't think Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean would be system sellers even if they were for PS3.

Anyways, back on topic. Will Microsoft ever have a big system seller that isn't a shooter? Sony can move units with Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and they'll prolly move units with God of War 3. That's 3 separate genres that they have system sellers in.

stotch said:
You don't think I know how to scroll back one page? Your entire argument was putting down JRPGs cos of sales. Here's just a few:

He'll just selectively quote you to omit the parts of your argument that he can't refute, don't bother.

What in their lineup directly competes with FFXIII and Metal Gear? Sony is struggling to get FPSs to market that compete with 360s heavy hitters, while 360 is scrambling to get something quality to market in EVERY GENRE OTHER THAN SHOOTERS. 360 will always be moved by the console's shooter franchises, and I don't think they'll ever shake that.

How about Mass Effect and Splinter Cell?

Since your argument conveniently ignores WRPGs to say the 360 has no genre diversity, I had a feeling you were going to completely discount that the 360 already has two platinum RPGs this gen, with at least a 3rd on the way (Fable 2). Oh yeah, and Oblivion/ME are two of the highest rated games of the generation, across all platforms.

If your retort to my mentioning Splinter Cell is "I never liked that franchise anyway", I should probably mention that it is both critically acclaimed and a best-selling franchise, in spite of what you think.

Tell me please, what genres is the 360 'desperately struggling' to catch up to the competing consoles in? Please, humor me.

We get nothing from them but more useless junk to spend gamerpoints on in this announcement. Is everyone really THAT excited for Star Ocean 4!? Infinite Undiscovery has been announced for awhile now, and no one seems to really care about that. When was the last time the Tales games created any modicum of buzz?

Forza 3 = useless junk?
A Singstar ripoff with a pretty major improvement = useless junk?

Yes, a thousand times yes, people really are excited for Star Ocean and Tales, SO3 and ToS both sold over 500k in the US. Your taste in games =/= reality.

MSoft's catalogue is pushed by nothing but FPS games. PS2 wasn't pushed by Killzone, so if next E3 is more Fuck Yea Space Marines from Microsoft, maybe there will be more people on my side of the coin here.

The entire. fucking. point. of me posting the list that I did, was to show that everything MS is pushing this year is not a shooter, except Gears of War. Did you not see the advertising campaigns for Lost Odyssey and Ninja Gaiden 2? Or how much MS co-promoted GTA4? Or that they're bundling their fucking console with ToV in Japan? You don't think MS is going to heavily push Banjo and Fable this fall, and that both will sell over a million copies?

You are wrong. You've been wrong since you drunkenly stumbled into the thread. The 360 having good shooters has absolutely no correlation with the quality or sales of games in its other genres, yet you keep trying to create one.

FightyF

Banned
dammitmattt said:

16iw6yf.gif

I did have issues with previous Gamertags and Achievements being lost, but nothing major. Barring those circumstances, people should be able to prove whether they've played a game or not.

Haeleos has been decimated in this thread over and over and he keeps coming back for more. I await his next failure of an argument.

I also take issue with a former moderator's claim that it is an act of "douchebaggery" when a member of the community tries to validate someone's position when they take such a bold stance in an arrogant, condescending, and indignant manner.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
wow, remind me to never give Haeleos a soapbox because he'll just rant incantations of madness.

And to think, I almost thought he had a chance with his Jon Irenicus avatar.

pswii60

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Gears 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden 2
Last Remnant
Viva Pinata 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Lips
Scene It! 2
Fable 2
GTA IV DLC
Their known console "exclusive" line-up also extends to:

Alan Wake
Star Ocean 4
Left4Dead
Halo Wars

L4D being the only shooter in that list too. Not forgetting the insane amount of diverse multiplatform games. Lego Indiana Jones on 360 is outselling the PS3 version - b b b buu bu but I thought they only liked teh shooters!!11

Besides, forgetting about XBLA is a massive mistake. Peggle XBLA > vast majority of retail games coming out on any platform this year.

Hero

PS2 and DS are the systems to own if you want JRPGs for the near future. Maybe E3 we'll see other things announced for the current gen consoles.

ToV is looking ace, though.

Haeleos said:
Back to Gamefaqs so soon, Lord of the Flies?

Infantile arguments & insults aside, you have given us much needed insight into the mind of a 6 year old stupid-head...

:lol

now take your ball and go home....

Dunlop

FirstInHell said:
I also take issue with a former moderator's claim that it is an act of "douchebaggery" when a member of the community tries to validate someone's position when they take such a bold stance in an arrogant, condescending, and indignant manner.

He's just a civilian now, he's entitled to incorrect opinion on this topic

My biggest problem is the Avatars, I must have spent hours creating Mii's for every damn family member/friend for my kids...Now I'm gonna have to do it all again :D

dammitmattt said:

It was pretty epic when Luke Smith posted Shane Bettenhausen's gamercard here.

Haunted

:lol Haeleos. He keeps coming back for more ownage.

dammitmattt said:
Of course. We all play epic JRPGs at our "friends' houses."
Hey, I did. :(
at least Lost Odyssey

FightyF said:
So checking people's gamertags is a "douchebaggey" thing to do now? Wow.
definitely.

It's useful to check, and it's fun to watch the ensuing fallout - but it's a really douchebaggey thing to do. It's pretty much the definition of acting like a douche. The embodiment of douchebaggery. Douchebaggery at its finest, if you will.

edit: reminds me of Zeed having "a file" on some of the posters here.

Haunted One said:
:lol Haeleos. He keeps coming back for more ownage.

Hey, I did. :(
at least Lost Odyssey

definitely.

It's useful to check, and it's fun to watch the ensuing fallout - but it's a really douchebaggey thing to do. It's pretty much the definition of acting like a douche. The embodiment of douchebaggery. Douchebaggery at its finest, if you will.

edit: reminds me of Zeed having "a file" on some of the posters here.

I think it is even more of a douche act if you get up on your high horse and trash games you have never played.

Twig

Banned
FirstInHell said:
I think it is even more of a douche act if you get up on your high horse and trash games you have never played.
Even if you are 100% sure that the game is shit? At least, in your opinion?

I'm going to bash Mario Party 8 and 9 and so on until they actually do something DIFFERENT or make it fun again. Loved Mario Party up to a certain point. Now it's just a goddamn cash cow. Some people still love it and yell at me for hating on it. Even though I know exactly what it is.

What about Pokémon? I played the first game, and each new entry since then. I never intend to play another one until they FIX WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE SERIES. I will bash the sequels to hell and back, if it is not fixed..

I guess that's different, though, because in both cases I did play previous games in the series, so I have experienced the basic level of gameplay. Hrm.

Oh well, carry on.

Top Bottom