• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox 360 VGA question. Need Advice.

So this week I was over at a friends house and I got the chance to play CoD4 on his new 22" Dell Ultra LCD monitor. He was running it through VGA, at a resolution of 1080 x 720(I think not too sure), and the IQ was just amazing(truely photorealistic). When I got the game and ran it through my Samsung 32" 720p LCD television and I noticed that the black level wasn't as solid as his monitor(patches of grey) and I can see small "dust" specs on the screen. My question is, will a VGA cable correct, or at least improve it? I need to know whether it does improve the quality before plunking down $50 on the cable. I know there are cheaper cables, but the official XBox one has optical, which I need for my sound system.

Also, I've used the vga cable before(the cheap one found at Frys), but the image was all funky and weird looking(couldn't figure it out so I just returned it). My tv has a vga input, so I don't know why it did this. Is it because of the settings in the 360, or is it due to the tv not being properly being set?

bran

Assuming you were running 720p through component, no, VGA will not give you a "OMFG" improvement. Try adjusting the contrast/saturatiotn settings on your TV instead.

Dr Zhivago said:
There are some settings in the 360 dashboard you can tweak for VGA.

Yeah, change your display settings to extended (black levels).

I don't know why people always assume the worst before simply checking the display (key word: DISPLAY) settings.

Top Bottom