• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox All Access Expands to 12 Countries this Holiday

pasterpl

Xbox All Access will be available in the following countries this holiday:
  • Australia at Telstra
  • Canada at EB Games
  • Denmark at Elgiganten
  • Finland at Gigantti
  • France at FNAC
  • New Zealand at Spark
  • Norway at Elkjøp
  • Poland at Media Expert
  • South Korea at SK Telecom
  • Sweden at Elgiganten
  • UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
  • United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart
more countries will be added in 2021

Last edited:

fermcr

25€ for 24 months = 600€

Good deal?

XAAUpdate_Inline1.jpg

Last edited:

Starfield

25€ for 24 months = 600€

Good deal?

XAAUpdate_Inline1.jpg
600 > 500 € figure it out by yourself

edit: Game pass ultimate for a years costs 99€ so its about the same price.

Not a deal but good if youre on a monthly budget and also want a console

Last edited:

John Day

$25 is for the Series S. Series X is $35. Even with the Ultimate Pass for 2 years, you’ll still end up paying more than if you pay upfront. All financing plans are like that though, so no surprises there.

It’s a rather comfortable payment. Would not use myself personally though.

nosseman

This is HUGE.

Just walk into your local store and pick up an Xbox Series X or Series S for 35/25 dollar per month (no down payment) and then go home and instantly have access to all the games on Gamepass for 24 months AND EA PLAY now also.

Starhowl

It's meant for people with financial problems to which a marshal would come to confiscate property so they can be like "No, you cannot do that, since I don't own the Xbox Series X, it's only rented" that moment.

acm2000

in the UK at least its 0% interest and with the price of consoles these days its about time they started doing this, Sony will have to follow suit.

Last edited:

Redlight

You have to be a Telstra customer to preorder. What a joke.
I agree. According to Telstra...

"If you want to pre-order, you will need to take up a new month-to-month mobile or fixed broadband plan and then pre-order Xbox All Access."

Fuck. That.

(Kiwi's getting screwed too. US must be pissed about our Covid numbers)

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

nosseman

$25 is for the Series S. Series X is $35. Even with the Ultimate Pass for 2 years, you’ll still end up paying more than if you pay upfront. All financing plans are like that though, so no surprises there.

No - you dont. You pay LESS with $25 or $35 per month compared to if you get the console and pay upfront and get Gamepass Ultimate for 24 months.

kuncol02

Banned

Not really. From that 35 bucks 15 is gamepass ultimate. $20*24 =$480. Little bit cheaper than upfront but cheaper. For XSX is bigger difference with $240 for console (instead of $300).

GHG

Gold Member
Surprised they haven't included the UAE on the list.

Etisalat already have a partnership with them for this (or at least they did for the current gen consoles). However it also involved having a home Internet/phone/TV package with them.

Last edited:

John Day

Not really. From that 35 bucks 15 is gamepass ultimate. $20*24 =$480. Little bit cheaper than upfront but cheaper. For XSX is bigger difference with $240 for console (instead of $300).
Never mind me! No idea where i calculated the game pass, maybe out of my ass 🤣🤣🤣.

Yeah, sounds cool indeed!

Last edited:

IDappa

You have to be a Telstra customer to preorder. What a joke.
Fucken Telstra, no doubt that's their mandate.

Looks like I'm buying it out right..

Does this include game pass ultimate? I can't find anything on the frequently asked questions.

Last edited:

pasterpl

• Xbox Series X - £449
  • 24 months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - £263.76
  • Total = £712.76
Let's compare that to buying both through Xbox All Access:

• Xbox Series X + 24 months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate @ £28.99 per month/24 months
  • Total = £695.76

Looking at it that way, it's clearly the cheaper way to go with a saving of just under £20 compared to buying separately. But how does it pan out with the Xbox Series S and with other regional pricing? Oh, look, here's a table to show just that:

Usual PriceXbox All Access PriceDifference
Xbox Series X£712.76£28.99/24 months or £695.76£17
Xbox Series S£512.76£20.99/24 months or £503.76£9
Xbox Series X$858.76$34.99/24 months or $839.76$19
Xbox Series S$658.76$24.99/24 months or $599.76$59
Xbox Series X€810.76€34.99/24 months or €839.76-€29
Xbox Series S€610.76€24.99/24 months or €599.76€11
So, apart from the Series X in Europe (sorry folks!), you do end up saving money if you buy through the Xbox All Access program. In fact, getting an Xbox Series S through it in the US offers a very healthy saving over the usual price.

pasterpl

Can you trade in to upgrade?

ms might do something re trade-ins but as far as I can see nothing is confirmed.
there are some other options, at least in the UK;

cryptoadam

Banned
This is HUGE.

Just walk into your local store and pick up an Xbox Series X or Series S for 35/25 dollar per month (no down payment) and then go home and instantly have access to all the games on Gamepass for 24 months AND EA PLAY now also.

WAIT WHAT SON? EA PLAY? included?

So thats basically EA access games you can download?

Reactions: MrS

Cato

Banned

Ok, so it is 60$ cheaper.

If you are not a telstra customer, how much more expensive is switching from not-Telstra to Telstra for your broadband or mobile phone for the next 24 months?
Yeah, thought so.

(It would have been a pretty good deal if it had not contained that "must switch to telstra" clause).

EDIT: my current plan with Optus is 15$ cheaper per month than the exact same NBN plan with telstra.
15 x 24months == 360$
How about I skip this deal, just buy the XBox and Gamepass at full regular price at JBHIFI and then just save the 300$ (360 - 60).
I can buy heaps of games for that 300$ I would save by NOT going with this "deal".

It is a terribly bad deal. The whole idea is to lock people that can not afford to buy the console upfront into an expensive 2 year contract with Telstra. It is like scummy credit credit card offerings with predatory interests that are offered to people that have so bad finances that normal credit cards are not available to them.

Last edited:
WAIT WHAT SON? EA PLAY? included?

So thats basically EA access games you can download?

Yes mate, included now -

jigglet

Banned
People who say it's cheaper to buy outright, you don't get it. Think about why services like AfterPay are so successful.

When I first heard about AfterPay / Zip I was shocked - I had to get it explained to me a few times: you need to pay something as small as $30 in installments? You seriously don't have $30? If you cannot afford 30 freaking dollars, should you really be buying crap like games?

Some people are just bad with money. This is where MS is going to do extremely well.

Last edited:

The Shift

Banned
Breakdown for Australia here:

EB Prices

XBSX

Retail = $749.00
Trade in XB1X = $399.00

XBSS
Retail = $499.00
Trade in XB1S = $299.00

Note - XB1X consoles go for anywhere between $325-$500 in the secondhand market at this time

Xbox Series X All Access = $46.00/month for 24 months

Includes:

Console
$23.06/month
$553.44 total for 24 months

GamePass Ultimate
$15.95/month
$382.80 total for 24 months

EA Play
$6.99/month
$167.76 total for 24 months

Total $1104.00
($1299.56 if console and services purchased separately)

Xbox Series S All Access = $33.00/month for 24 months

Includes:

Console
$10.04/month
$241.04 total for 24 months

GamePass Ultimate
$15.95/month
$382.80 total for 24 months

EA Play
$6.99/month
$167.76 total for 24 months

Total $792.00
($1049.56 if console and services purchased separately)

Xbox All Access Australia

Xbox All Access is billed monthly so didn't bother to breakdown GPU/EAP to annual costings.

NullZ3r0

Banned

False. You're forgetting to add the $15/mo for GamePass Ult. It ends up being $20 less.

MrFunSocks

Banned
What are the odds that they remove this requirement for All Access once the console is out?
That they remove being with Telstra? Probably nil unfortunately.

People who say it's cheaper to buy outright, you don't get it. Think about why services like AfterPay are so successful.

When I first heard about AfterPay / Zip I was shocked - I had to get it explained to me a few times: you need to pay something as small as $30 in installments? You seriously don't have $30? If you cannot afford 30 freaking dollars, should you really be buying crap like games?

Some people are just bad with money. This is where MS is going to do extremely well.

Yeah I am honestly shocked at the uptake of AfterPay, especially with how shitty they are to the actual shops - they charge like 5% merchant fee to the business and the business isn't allowed to pass that on to the customer. Some shops will rather give a ~5% discount instead of paying afterpay if you ask.

It's laybuy but you get to take it home now, and I guess it can be useful if you're a budgeter - you can budget down for that $30 a month or whatever it is easier than you can put a $750 payment on the budget.

Last edited:

alstrike

At least they're smart and they didn't offer it in Spain, no retailer (or ISP) would actually touch that.

Edit for context: In Spain PS4 is crushing Xbox, it started with a 7:1 ratio in 2013/14 and got up to a 9:1 in 2019.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

This is a really solid move. Probably long over due. I don't see Sony doing this at all to be honest. But a great way to get an X with less financial pain.

It’s still a bad deal. I’m paying 4€ per month for the next two years for Ultimate. There are always deals available.

Why would you lock yourself to two years of paying almost the full price for ultimate?

This is one of those classic ”looks like a great deal” type of packages which are actually a good deal only for the company selling it.

If you don’t have $300 you probably shouldn’t buy it anyway.

Top Bottom