• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

reksveks

Yup this would be amazing. Hope they have some real nvidia rtx but maybe due to amd gpus in console they'll pass up.

I just want an amazing console and pc version that I can use my wheel on. Just bought a shifter too in expectation of it.
Xbox Game studios were bad re nvidia tech support, quite frustratingly but FH5 recently got DLAA, DLSS support, so did Halo therefore hope that it's a sign of better things.

Starfield definitely has some nvidia rtx features but forgot which ones.

cireza

Banned
What I am saying is that I think this is a meh show, regardless of what other people think, and I expected more out of it.

I thought that was implicit that any comment that doesn't have actual, provable facts is by extention an opinion. And that I am allowed to express my opinion, even if people think it is full of shit.
If you don't play MS games, why do you even care about this show ?

FritzJ92

Not sure what your getting at here, PlayStation still released major games in 2021
2021 was what 2020 was supposed to be for Playstation 😂>>>
Also, I mean MS did release As Dusk Falls, Pentiment, Grounded, and multiple large updates for FS, Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 5. IJS Sony whole 2022 lineup is what they wanted to release in 2021, all of the games were delayed. MS is doing the something in 2023. No need to act like Sonys version of delays are better than MS version of delays (weird flex tbh). All delays suck unless the games are great then its worth it.

Barakov

Gold Member
Focus of this stream will be on four games: Redfall, Minecraft, ESO Online and Forza. Also focus on Game Pass titles for February.

Kenny_EventAnnounce_16x9_2022-12-15-1-08eaa7886227c9b40944.png

qWSh8Cp.jpg

EVERYTHING except the one game people want to see more of.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So guys, what we guessing for release dates?

If we get these three games in the first 6 months I imagine that would be one hell of a first party release.

Hopefully if we get another 2 or 3 bangers in second half then that would be the greatest release year for MS?
I only think Hellblade II can realistically launch this year.

Everwild no. Avowed no. The Outer Worlds 2 no. Perfect Dark no. Fable no.

AoE II & IV, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Hellblade II is a good year, I think Avowed will headline 2024.

Man, that Starfield showcase is going to be so damn exciting. If there's one thing that Bethesda and Todd Howard absolutely know how to do right every time it's a deep dive for their newest singleplayer masterpieces. Also can't wait to see more of Redfall and Forza. Hell, I'm even curious to see Minecraft Legends in action. Also curious to see what they got coming to Elder Scrolls Online.

2021 was what 2020 was supposed to be for Playstation 😂>>>
Also, I mean MS did release As Dusk Falls, Pentiment, Grounded, and multiple large updates for FS, Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 5. IJS Sony whole 2022 lineup is what they wanted to release in 2021, all of the games were delayed. MS is doing the something in 2023. No need to act like Sonys version of delays are better than MS version of delays (weird flex tbh). All delays suck unless the games are great then its worth it.

I wasn’t acting like anything or flexing. For fuck sake why can’t some of you just have a conversation instead of being so patronising . You said all the games are delayed when they released Ratchet and Clank , Bridge of Spirits and Returnal.

It’s like you’re trying to make out I’m some Sony troll or something. Fuck sake.

Last edited:
Man, that Starfield showcase is going to be so damn exciting. If there's one thing that Bethesda and Todd Howard absolutely know how to do right every time it's a deep dive for their newest singleplayer masterpieces. Also can't wait to see more of Redfall and Forza. Hell, I'm even curious to see Minecraft Legends in action. Also curious to see what they got coming to Elder Scrolls Online.
Yep Todd knows how to get gamers excited. This is gonna be massive.

Excited to see more on Redfall, the other 3 are whatever but they're big popular games so it makes sense to show them. Super amped about the Starfield standalone deep dive the most. Hoping we still get to play them in spring/early summer

Excited to see more on Redfall, the other 3 are whatever but they're big popular games so it makes sense to show them. Super amped about the Starfield standalone deep dive the most. Hoping we still get to play them in spring/early summer

My money is on late Feb/Early March for the Starfield event with a September release date

oldergamer

LMAO.

Forza is literally a yearly release (cycling between Horizon, Motorsport, etc.). Which is why I don't understand those people who act like it's that big of a game changer.

And then there's however many ESO games, but no news regarding ESVI. That ain't right.

The stuff that is being announced is good, but it's not what people are expecting after all thos time.
There hasnt been a standard forza title ( not talking arcade like horizons ) since 2017. Its actually never been yearly.

Its also a reboot of the series with a total new engine. So... Thats why people are interested and it could set a new standard. Forza has pushed the genre further then other games out there.

Last edited:

FritzJ92

I wasn’t acting like anything or flexing. For fuck sake why can’t some of you just have a conversation instead of being so patronising . You said all the games are delayed when they released Ratchet and Clank , Bridge of Spirits and Returnal.

It’s like you’re trying to make out I’m some Sony troll or something. Fuck sake.
Bridge of Spirits isn’t a 1P game and neither was Returnal at launch…

dugdug

Banned
So, Starfield is a fall game, then, right?

The other four games are referred to as releasing “over the next few months” while there’s no reference to Starfield’s release window.

Jaybe

So, Starfield is a fall game, then, right?
Seems like it could be. I found a link to the Reddit thread where the show’s date, games, and ‘No Starfield’, were posted Jan 5th, four days before Jez’s tweet. The poster then confidently said Starfield was Fall 2023. Seems to be from Maryland and knows a Bethesda employee. Klobrille also doubts first half 2023 now.

SBwN9va.jpg
94RSqhy.jpg

Seems like it could be. I found a link to the Reddit thread where the show’s date, games, and ‘No Starfield’, were posted Jan 5th, four days before Jez’s tweet. The poster then confidently said Starfield was Fall 2023. Seems to be from Maryland and knows a Bethesda employee. Klobrille also doubts first half 2023 now.

SBwN9va.jpg
94RSqhy.jpg
So a nobody on Reddit then.

Edit- I almost think the game can launch in April, and there will be some people here claiming it's still holiday 2023.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
LMAO.

Forza is literally a yearly release (cycling between Horizon, Motorsport, etc.). Which is why I don't understand those people who act like it's that big of a game changer.

And then there's however many ESO games, but no news regarding ESVI. That ain't right.

The stuff that is being announced is good, but it's not what people are expecting after all thos time.
Forza Horizon is every 3 years. FM7 came out in 2017. Plus this new FM will be completely rebuilt and next gen only. You couldn’t be more uninformed about this.

Last edited:

Jaybe

So a nobody on Reddit then.

Edit- I almost think the game can launch in April, and there will be some people here claiming it's still holiday 2023.
Did you read this or just see Reddit and react? Guy called out the details of the event days before Jez made it known. Not every leak that comes out is some clout-chasing clown.

Did you read this or just see Reddit and react? Guy called out the details of the event days before Jez made it known. Not every leak that comes out is some clout-chasing clown.
I'm just expected to believe that the Support Page reiterated an H1 release, that has been widely reported on, a week before the announcement of a singular show that will supposedly announce for H2?

Edit - This has been BGS's first delay since 2006, I expect they know when they can hit a date.

Edit 2 - I expect Starfield could hit 11.11.22 with typical BGS bugs, and the delay was MS's call.

Last edited:

Warablo

I was kinda hoping to see what Machine Games is working on.
Aren't they working on Indiana Jones? If they are, I doubt they have anything ready to show.

All I really care about right now is Starfield. Redfall might be okay, but the whole goofy atmosphere isn't appealing to me.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
He. Not they. He's already said he isn't watching and has no interest in any of it.

Oh, he’ll be watching.

i first read that as the next elder scrolls then realized it was just ESO. fucking embarrassing, serious damage control going on over there.

It’s ‘embarrassing’ to show off the next big update in an MMO that millions of active players play monthly?

Aren't they working on Indiana Jones? If they are, I doubt they have anything ready to show.

There’s quite the gap between their last game and when they started work on Indiana Jones. Either they were on something that got canceled or they’ve got another project that’s been years in the making now

Kagey K

Banned
Oh, he’ll be watching.

It’s ‘embarrassing’ to show off the next big update in an MMO that millions of active players play monthly?
HFW: Burning Sands and Destiny 2 Lightfall, big enough to call Sony 1st party releases in 2023.

ESO expansion in 2023.... fucking embarrassing.

Lmfao, people can't even keep thier story straight anymore.

It's straight up Sony good.... Xbox bad for most of these ppl.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Half of what they announced for this show will be available on PS (Minecraft Legends and ESO expansion) The other half plus Gamepass will be for Xbox.

Kagey K

Banned
Whichever mod I pissed off, I don't know what I did.

But stop deleting my posts and address me. I'll prove to you that I own all systems and i'm not trying to be malicious.

You seem to let all this retarded shit fly, and the eye of Sauron is on me.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I only think Hellblade II can realistically launch this year.

Everwild no. Avowed no. The Outer Worlds 2 no. Perfect Dark no. Fable no.

AoE II & IV, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Hellblade II is a good year, I think Avowed will headline 2024.

I think you're on the money here. Or I hope you are. Really hope there isn't another delay on starfisld, but I can imagine MS is under a lot of pressure to make sure it launches in the best condition any Bethesda game ever has.

So, while the delay will be ripped apart, if it needs it and it launches in great condition, then so be it.

But if we can get 4 great games through out the year as well as all the game pass goodness, that's a strong ass year.

Kagey K

Banned
I think you're on the money here. Or I hope you are. Really hope there isn't another delay on starfisld, but I can imagine MS is under a lot of pressure to make sure it launches in the best condition any Bethesda game ever has.

So, while the delay will be ripped apart, if it needs it and it launches in great condition, then so be it.

But if we can get 4 great games through out the year as well as all the game pass goodness, that's a strong ass year.
21 had a bunch of strong games release close to each other.

With gsmepass players funding the games, and the lack of emphasis on sales due to overhead being funded already. I won't be surprised to see more and more games come out this way.

Even if it is the antithesis of traditional models.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Or they could have shared updates on four Third Person action games indeed. It would have been much more interesting without a doubt.
You joke but that sounds like a much better show, throw in Forza and a Platformer and you're good to go

Ozriel

M$FT
You joke but that sounds like a much better show, throw in Forza and a Platformer and you're good to go

It’d also be a much better show if they threw in all their E3 announcements. Doesn’t mean it makes sense to do it now from a marketing point of view.

Their announced lineup is perfectly fine. Not everything has to appeal to everyone. I certainly have no interest in ESO. But there’s something for everyone there, and at least I’m super excited to see their new Showcase format with no useless host talk.

fermcr

Without Starfield, this Developer Direct is kind of meh... unless Microsoft surprise us and show off something completely unexpected.
Not much hyped for this show...

Curious about the release dates for Forza and Redfall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom