• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah can’t wait to play TES6! Will probably play it on PC though. I wish they would give us a hint on how far away it is.
I wouldn't expect TES6 before 2027. And then Fallout 5 in 2030 at best.

Unless they change their development cycle and process.

abcdrstuv

Banned
It’s going to be extended gameplay demos of Redfall, maybe Minecraft Legends, probably a big Forza trailer and the ESO footage..

But any chance they surprise announce a big FO76 expansion/next Gen upgrade or a FONew Vegas ground up remaster?

Ozriel

M$FT
Damn look like my factual comment upset the fans.

The last upset response to your comment was like 7 hours ago.
Then you come back in like:

qh3LSCV.jpg

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
It’s going to be extended gameplay demos of Redfall, maybe Minecraft Legends, probably a big Forza trailer and the ESO footage..

But any chance they surprise announce a big FO76 expansion/next Gen upgrade or a FONew Vegas ground up remaster?

43 mins is long enough for some meaty deep dives if it’s just those 4 games. Hopefully they put in some surprises

I won’t lie, I’m not particularly thrilled about them showing off more FO76 content since they’ve failed to do a next gen upgrade and it’s always jarring seeing the dated visuals at these shows.

Probably more likely they show off work they’ve done to port AoE to consoles, since release is imminent.

Fredrik

I would prefer PC as well (always have) but I play too little now to justify putting down that much money on a gaming PC, that's why I went with the Xbox instead. Yeah I'm awaiting the game as the second coming, it's killing me that there's so little info about it.
Yeah I really can’t justify it either, I just close my eyes and pay. I’ve payed more for my graphics card than I’ve payed for all console hardware and external storage and games this generation. :/

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You basically took the initial list and added more games, of course it would interest more people lol. But this is not what you implied earlier.
So you wouldn't be more excited for

Hellblade 2
Perfect Dark
Evil Within 3
Indiana Jones

Vs

Forza
Redfall
Minecraft
Elder Scrolls online

I'm worried about how Starfield is going to turn out on the Series X. Todd's recent comments about being "fine with 30 fps" combined with how unpolished the combat/shooting looked in the demo doesn't bode well. I could practically feel the input lag while watching the demo. There was no gore or impact from shooting an enemy.

It simply won't feel good to play at 30 and that's the truth. The graphics weren't even that good with crushed shadows and other elements of a creaky engine.

I have no faith on Bethesda even with a year delay.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Hellblade 2
Perfect Dark
Evil Within 3
Indiana Jones

Vs

Forza
Redfall
Minecraft
Elder Scrolls online

Top would be crazy, amazing if those were announced or shown in the middle of the year around e3 time.

Let me get my release dates for forza, redfall in half 1 2023 and then blow my jizz socks off in summer.

So, Starfield is a fall game, then, right?

The other four games are referred to as releasing “over the next few months” while there’s no reference to Starfield’s release window.

Maybe because Starfield isn't listed as one of the games being shown at this event. Every game being shown at this event is releasing over the next few months. Starfield not being shown at this event isn't because it isn't releasing over the next few months also, but because it is a game of such magnitude that it warrants its own dedicated event. Let's not create a story that isn't actually there.

Hellblade 2
Perfect Dark
Evil Within 3
Indiana Jones

Vs

Forza
Redfall
Minecraft
Elder Scrolls online

Hellblade 2, Avowed, the new Tango game and Perfect Dark will probably have real-time trailers/gameplay segments in June, alongside the next Compulsion project, and a few second party titles.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned

Hellblade 2
Perfect Dark
Evil Within 3
Indiana Jones

Vs

Forza
Redfall
Minecraft
Elder Scrolls online
I don't care much for these games.

You will eventually admit there just as many people playing Forza, Minecraft and Elder Scrolls than there are playing first/third person action games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I wouldn't expect TES6 before 2027. And then Fallout 5 in 2030 at best.

Unless they change their development cycle and process.
If they don’t change their dev cycle it’ll be the same gap that Fallout 4 (2015) and Starfield (2023) have had. We might shave 2 years from the 8, because I don’t know how much work has gone in to updating their engine. It’s part of the reason why I think Obsidian might take Fallout on board after TOW 2/Avowed. The still love the property and with Bethesda moving on to TES VI they won’t be releasing one for over a decade.

ebevan91

The other four games are referred to as releasing “over the next few months” while there’s no reference to Starfield’s release window.

We've known since November 2021 that Starfield is fully playable from start to finish so I highly doubt it will be a fall 2023 game.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned

Almost assuredly, ill eat my hat if it comes out before september

JackMcGunns

I wish I could get excited for an MS show. It's always the same type of games, FPS, Racing, and First-person games.

You realize you listed entire genres? Imagine someone talking about Sony's show and saying: I wish I could get excited for a Sony show, but it's always the same type of games, Action, Adventure, RPG games. Adds zero substance to the conversation.

johnjohn

Remember the one year that the only game nintendo had at e3 was breath of the wild, and dedicated the whole show to it? Microsoft will do the same thing. Especially if their other projects are still a ways off
Nah lol, MS has way too much stuff in the works for that. They have a bunch of projects in different stages of development, so while plenty are still a ways off, plenty are getting closer to release.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Nah lol, MS has way too much stuff in the works for that. They have a bunch of projects in different stages of development, so while plenty are still a ways off, plenty are getting closer to release.
Thats what i thought last year too, but then all they ended up showing was games slated for the next 12 months…which were mostly indie titles

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
January - Age of Empires II: DE Xbox Port
February - Minecraft Legends
March - GhostWire Tokyo
April - Forza Motorsport
May - Redfall
June - Starfield

Sounds great and entirely possible.
What about the rest of the year? I think Starfield is going to be a fall game.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
We've known since November 2021 that Starfield is fully playable from start to finish so I highly doubt (and hope) that it won't be a Fall 2023 game.
That doesn’t say much. Since it can be fully playable in alpha state without some of the mechanics implemented. They rework a lot, parts of the game could be without textures or whatever.

Godot25

Banned
What about the rest of the year? I think Starfield is going to be a fall game.
I have a hunch that Hellblade 2 will be out in fall. Also there is a rumor that new Stoic (The Banner Saga devs) game will be out in 2023 (name of the game is supposed to be The Wandering Tower). And you also have Age of Empires IV console port and ARA: History Untold. And God knows when Microsoft will release that remaster of Age of Mythology, but that game is also supposed to be out in 2023. And maybe Contraband?

kiphalfton

Your argument of being nearly a yearly cycle then say we haven't had a Motorsports title since 2017?

NElD0GP.jpg

If they hadn't gotten involved with Fable, the cycle would have continued.

No if's, and's, or but's about Fable having shaken up their release schedule, as that's literally the only thing that's changed at PG since 2017.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
If they hadn't gotten involved with fable, the cycle would have continued.

No if's, and's, or but's about Fable having shaken up their release schsedule, as that's literally the only thing that's changed at PG.

Fable is being made by a separate team. And Playground has already covered why they took longer to make FH5.

QGW2BVe.jpg

It’s been 5 years since the last Forza Motorsport title. These used to be every two years. Is Turn 10 also making Fable too?

johnjohn

If they hadn't gotten involved with Fable, the cycle would have continued.

No if's, and's, or but's about Fable having shaken up their release schedule, as that's literally the only thing that's changed at PG since 2017.
Playground doesn't make Forza Motorsport...

Warablo

One can hope Obsidian and Bethesda can work together for Fallout. Though there might be bad blood between them.

Riky

$MSFT
Looking forward to seeing some next gen only games, details on Forza are going to be very interesting especially if they deliver on the promise of in game RT. How this translates to Series S also will be worth seeing.
Hyped for Redfall after the recent developer interviews, great news that you don't get AI companions if you play solo, so it's a real single player campaign.
Release dates are also very important now.

Let's be fair; considering the years of shit Xbox has been getting due to lack of first party/high quality games, this is a crazy weak start to the year and certainly doesnt instill much hope for 2023.

It's great they are talking about games we can play soon but ita clearly just a way for them to avoid talking about the year as a whole.

Forza, Minecraft and ESO Online? At a time when they are lacking fresh ideas and ip they start 2023 by focusing on 3 of the most tired and stale IP they have?

If MS had any faith in thier current projects we'd see atleast hints of Fable, Hellblade 2, Avowed, Perfect Dark etc.

The silence is deafening.

Top Bottom