• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

Redfall, Starfield, Forza and Diablo IV looked amazing but just concentrating on the next 12 months is disappointing, so many games not at the show because they are later.
I suppose they are reacting to fan feedback with people saying everything is years away and not gameplay but it went too far the other way for me.
7/10.

7/10 from Riky...Must be a 5/10 for a sane person. Watched the trailers, and nothing really wowed me...Still, a shitload of good content for GP users. 👍👍

Oh yeah, my highlights were easily three indie titles: Replaced; The game which shows a family trying to survive during an...alien invasion; That side-scroller with a protagonist that made me think of Guybrush Threepwood...
The three of them look wonderful. 😍

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
People keep saying that Microsoft wanted to focus on games coming out within 12 months, but then they announce a partnership with Kojima’s face. His game, whatever it is, won’t be out until 2027 with the way he was describing it.

But seriously who cates about Kojima anyhow, based on his game history and what he said, it's going to be some boring xcloud interactive video.

Fredrik

Just wanted to say, I actually did this:
Yeah I just want to fast forward til the show! I’m seriously considering staying off the internet to not get the whole thing spoiled, could read a book and play Elden Ring instead.
Went offline after that post, downed Fire Giant in Elden Ring and a whole bunch of other bosses too, went back online 3 minutes before the show started. Was there any leaks?

Nickolaidas

And Starfield delivered on the hype, IMO.
My hype has seriously deflated. Game looked rough around all edges - the shooting felt rough, the flying felt rough, the animations felt rough. Honestly there is nothing next-gen / PS5 era about this game. If it didn't have the Bethesda logo, most people wouldn't even dream of giving it a pass.

Also, the Bethesda formula being what it is has stopped being original for a long time now. Their 'thing' seems to be exploration and lore. The ten thousand planets remark from Todd worried me instead of assuring me. This is literally the definition of quantity over quality, which is something that Bethesda SUPPOSEDLY isn't about. Yet here we are.

No alien races were seen in the trailer, only humans and alien fauna like dinos and insects. Whoopie dee fucking doo.

People thought that Elden Ring's world was 'needlessly empty'? Well, those people are in for a real treat.

Last edited:

reksveks

People keep saying that Microsoft wanted to focus on games coming out within 12 months, but then they announce a partnership with Kojima’s face. His game, whatever it is, won’t be out until 2027 with the way he was describing it.
It was the outlier, everything else is the next 12 months. I think that counts as a focused goal.

bitbydeath

I do wonder how much bitbydeath bitbydeath is just trolling and how much is a genuine belief

simpsons-column.gif

anthony2690

Banned
9/10 for me.

Highlights: (in order shown/revealed)
Redfall
Silksong
High On Life
Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels
A Plague Tale Requiem
Overwatch 2
Flintlock: Siege of Dawn
Diablo 4
Sea of thieves season 7
Ravenlok
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Nioh/Bloodborne producers involved)
Persona 3-5
Starfield

Hopefully I'll like:
Light-year Frontier (not my usual kinda game)
The last of Benedict fox (depends how it feels)
As Dusk Falls (I'll play with my partner)
Grounded (I'll play with my partner)
Ereban
Minecraft legends (might surprise me like dungeons, but I really don't like Minecraft art style)

Low Points:
Ark 2/Scorn/Fallout 76/ESO bits/Pentiment, no interest at all.

MistBreeze

It is 6/10 for me

Nothing interesting , beside forza 8 is great as usual with turn 10 but expected, starfield is good but it is janky Bethesda engine to blame

Every thing just feels a big add for game pass
Not the games themselves

Redfall seems great gameplay wise but it is generic

No AAA exciting project

Too much pandering to the internet mob IMO kills the excitement. All gameplay, all next 12 months - whatever. Show us your best stuff, I don’t care if it’s three years away and you show me cgi - I want to see more on Fable, Project Dark, Indiana Jones… Show me the story, give me a taste of what kind of game it is.

Watching gameplay is fucking boring. There, I said it. I’ve said this before - give me a flavour and let me play it myself. I don’t want to see it being played.

They need to stop reading the boards and subreddits and focus on getting us excited.

Some good stuff coming up though, and Gamepass is literally a gamer’s dream. 7.

Too much pandering to the internet mob IMO kills the excitement. All gameplay, all next 12 months - whatever. Show us your best stuff, I don’t care if it’s three years away and you show me cgi - I want to see more on Fable, Project Dark, Indiana Jones… Show me the story, give me a taste of what kind of game it is.

Watching gameplay is fucking boring. There, I said it. I’ve said this before - give me a flavour and let me play it myself. I don’t want to see it being played.

They need to stop reading the boards and subreddits and focus on getting us excited.

Exactly. And after the show is done those people will rate the show 6/10 anyways.

Sacred

Starfield looked no better than Destiny and it looked like a rougher version 😂 anyone who seriously was ‘blown’ away with Starfield is on some seriously heavyy copium or has some very low expectation of Xbox. I myself was looking forward to seeing what Xbox had, apart from a tales plague and forza it was meh.

4.5/10
This is just hilarious trolling, nothing more.

Lol I wouldn't go that far but some of the more impressive games were definitely the colorful ones. Stuff like Forza look impressive but it still can't touch GT7 when it comes to lighting as there's clearly a difference in art direction between the two teams and I feel PD's serves sim racing better than Turn 10's. I think Starfield could actually benefit from slightly more saturated earthly tones for the rocky barren areas, it seems a bit desaturated in some of those areas like some of those earlier PS3/360 games that went heavy of sepia and brown tones.
I wasn't criticizing starfield and forza, it's the remaining bleh games. Should have put that in my original post. forza and starfield look great.

bitbydeath

Showing 24 months worth would be a happy medium. Not too far out.

Papacheeks

Banned
Lol dream on. The state of play was a C, this was a solid B+. A+ for starfeild on its own.
So street fighter 6 gameplay, FF16 gameplay, RE4 gameplay, RE VILLAGE in VR Did not excite you?

Those were way more hype as seen by people like maximilliondoode abd others being hyped as fuck with millions of subscribers.

What did Microsoft show that makes you want an Xbox?

Specifically in 2022?

Everything was 2023. And none of those are big heavy hitting games outside of starfield that can compete against Spider-Man 2. Last of us stand alone multiplayer/story game.

Sorry but 2022 is a total L for Xbox .

Sony literally showed with mlb the show, forbidden west, GT7, sifu, stray, god of war, last of us part 1 remake and Forspoken that they know how to curate a yearly slate.

Microsoft still has a lot to learn about picking quality over a quantity of games that not all hit.

My hype has seriously deflated. Game looked rough around all edges - the shooting felt rough, the flying felt rough, the animations felt rough. Honestly there is nothing next-gen / PS5 era about this game. If it didn't have the Bethesda logo, most people wouldn't even dream of giving it a pass.

Also, the Bethesda formula being what it is has stopped being original for a long time now. Their 'thing' seems to be exploration and lore. The ten thousand planets remark from Todd worried me instead of assuring me. This is literally the definition of quantity over quality, which is something that Bethesda SUPPOSEDLY isn't about. Yet here we are.

No alien races were seen in the trailer, only humans and alien fauna like dinos and insects. Whoopie dee fucking doo.

People thought that Elden Ring's world was 'needlessly empty'? Well, those people are in for a real treat.
All I felt was " what if fallout was in space man" from the trailer. It doesn't look bad by any means, they got time, but it's whatever for me. My brother or his girl will get it, so I'll try it then. Customization looks ace as fuck though.

Any time MS did this, they got dragged across the internet saying all those games promised years in advance will just get cancelled like Scalebound.
They're never doing that shit, as they got tired of getting called for CGI trailers.

Any time MS did this, they got dragged across the internet saying all those games promised years in advance will just get cancelled like Scalebound.
They're never doing that shit, as they got tired of getting called for CGI trailers.
43kIQj0.gif

Just the word never let's me know you're gonna end up very disappointed. Get ready for alot of long waits and high budget cg trailers.

DavJay

Biggest announcements and showing

1. Wo Long game pass
2. Persona 3/4/5 game pass
3. Starfield/Redfall gamepass

That’s it. The rest I couldn’t care less.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Are we sure is one year exclusive only? It was weird to not see the game today.

I posted it earlier elsewhere but I have a feeling that the one year exclusivity also doesn't allow them to market or announce a release date for a competing platform until the exclusivity finishes.

Which means, we'll probably get an announcement for Deathloop on Xbox *after* the 1 year with a release for like November or something.

VinnyMac

starfield looks like a gritty no mans sky no thanks. i dunno if it was the stream or what but it looked good graphic wise but the performance looked ass then again i never have been a fan of fallout games and thats what it looks like gameplay wise. still diont understand the hyperbole around it.

very disappointed about no kojima teaser concept art nothing like what? you had him on the show to what flex? ok. i cant wait to play his new game in 3 years (and thats not a jab im a huge kojima mark)

the show over all was alot better then previous years e3 sizzles. redfall looked good but games like scorn did not and i feel like most of these are going to be on other platforms its the one thing xbox struggles with there no reason to own one sadly.

Top Bottom