• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Call of Duty cause record broadband data use in UK

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well done the UK.

From the article

Factors that may have fed in to Tuesday's figures include:
  • Activision releasing updates to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone that ranged up to 65 gigabytes in size
  • pre-loads of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War of up to 130GB, which launches on Friday
  • an update to Bungie's video game Destiny 2 that was about 65GB, as well as a live event inside the title
  • the release of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which was 60GB. Even if users bought the game in disc form, they still faced downloading an 8GB "day one update"
  • various security updates and bug fixes from Microsoft, as part of it regular monthly "patch Tuesday" release

dorkimoe

The ass creed patch was 49gb. Thank god i have gig internet, i could not imagine people trying to play games with even like 20mb

Night.Ninja

Banned
Must have downloaded at least 300GB since receiving my Xbox Series X so yeah...

😔

HgrrNOC.jpg

photogaz

The embargo lifted today, so why no reviews? No review copies sent?

I only play the campaigns really, how long is it?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Must sting when Sony pay Activision so much revenue just to see how the Xbox network is chugging from the CoD activity.

carlosrox

Banned
Warzone included? I assume WZ must be playing some part.

It looks and runs fantastic on SX but I haven't played dual analog FPS in a while and felt like I couldn't do much. Granted I only tried 3 rounds but I am way too used to my mouse and all my binds for everything. I was shocked you need to actually hold X to do many of the actions. Felt very unintuitive. Can that be changed?

---------

I saw something about an enhanced texture pack on the store or something but couldn't find it.

What was that about?

Top Bottom