• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces the Series S "Gilded Hunter" bundle, releases Nov 29. Includes cosmetics, and virtual currency for Fortnight, Fallguys, & Rocket League

Introducing the Xbox Series S – Gilded Hunter Bundle, including an Xbox Series S (and controller), a total of nine in-game cosmetics, plus virtual currency for Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys. It’s available at Xbox.com and participating North American retailers for $299 and will be rolling out worldwide starting November 29 while supplies last.***

This incredible value gets even better when you purchase it with Xbox All Access, which includes both the Xbox Series S – Gilded Hunter Bundle and access to hundreds of games including day one releases with 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, starting at just $24.99 per month for 24 months.

With the Gilded Hunter Pack for Fortnite, don the Hunter Saber Outfit (includes variant style) and prowl the island wielding Saber’s Fang Pickaxe (includes variant style). Show your style with The Hunt Begins Wrap and enjoy 1,000 V-Bucks to spend on your favorite items in Fortnite.

Jump start your Rocket League Garage with the Fennec Car, Huntress Decal, Orange Hexphase Boost, Titanium Asto CSX Wheels, and 1,000 Rocket League Credits that can be used to upgrade to Rocket League Pass Premium, build Blueprints, or purchase most-wanted content from Rocket League’s Item Shop.

Lastly, dip, dive, duck, and dodge with the Gilded Hunter Pack for Fall Guys – featuring the Falltron Ultra Costume, Falltronic Emote, Falltronic Nameplate, and 1,000 Show-Bucks to buy the Fall Guys Season Pass or favorite costumes, colors, patterns, emotes, and celebrations for your Fall Guy. Ready to play? Since you can download and play Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys for free with Xbox, you can get right to the action.

It's basically a starter kick for the three free to play games. In other times of the year I would say this is a good deal for the general market who plays these games, but there's going to be free game bundles this is going to compete with. I'm not sure people are going to choose virtual currency and cosmetics over getting a at-cost game for free while still being able to play these f2p games anyway.

The one advantage it has is it's releasing after BF and CM, which may give it some breathing room to sell in the face of game bundle competition, or retailers including games for free or buy one get one which will litter sales this holiday,

diffusionx

Gold Member
Me hearing about this:
IVatiOa.jpg

zzill3

Banned
This is the third promotional thing announced recently for the series S isn’t it? With those European series S + gamepass deals?

Think they’re expecting big numbers for that this holiday season

feynoob

Banned
This is the third promotional thing announced recently for the series S isn’t it? With those European series S + gamepass deals?

With XSX having issues, it makes perfect sense for them to focus on S for now.

I dont know whether this is a good idea, or just stupid idea.

Comandr

So wait. It’s $24.99 for 24 months? I’m no mathmagician but that’s over $600 with tax. That uh… seems like a bad deal for free to play games. I guess you get Xbox live with it but…. This just reeks of someone trying to find a way to charge a lot for a bad bundle.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So wait. It’s $24.99 for 24 months? I’m no mathmagician but that’s over $600 with tax. That uh… seems like a bad deal for free to play games. I guess you get Xbox live with it but…. This just reeks of someone trying to find a way to charge a lot for a bad bundle.

You're getting 2 years of game pass ultimate in it.

24 months of GPU at retail price + Series S standalone is more than this bundle price.

(although I would steer people towards the Gold conversion path which makes it much cheaper).

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
By the end of the generation there would be more people playing on Series S than X. That is wild.
I think Phil said that right at the launch of this "generation" that Series S will outsell the X in the long run because casuals (and timmys mom) will care more about the price

DaGwaphics

At a quick glance, I'm surprised this is the holiday bundle they went with. I had figured they might go with an older first-party game as a true pack-in (without bumping the price up). But, I guess when you look at the audience that's looking for a console under the tree, these games are probably some of the biggest going and there are no additional future costs associated with it, like what would be implied if you included 6 months of GP or something like that. Probably a smart choice. These things are going to sell like hotcakes every holiday anyway.

With XSX having issues, it makes perfect sense for them to focus on S for now.

I dont know whether this is a good idea, or just stupid idea.

Them releasing it outside of Black Friday and Cyber Monday makes this less silly than it would be otherwise, I'll give them that. They are aiming for gradual interest throughout the holiday on this bundle after the big sales days are over and seems to be aiming for December pre-Christmas consumers.

They had a similar bundle earlier this year or maybe last year with some Fortnite and RL shit. They’ve also done this type of F2P bundle with Xbox One S.

PhaseJump

Banned
I'm occasionally looking at XSS, and would never buy a bundle with the Fortnite/RL crap. Now they have this, and I figure I'm just... not buying an XSS bundle this year.

I'll wait until next year. Xbox is nothing but disappointment these days.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
By the end of the generation there would be more people playing on Series S than X. That is wild.

Microsoft’s head of gaming, Phil Spencer, has previously said he expects the Xbox Series S to outsell Xbox Series X over the course of the console generation.

I'm occasionally looking at XSS, and would never buy a bundle with the Fortnite/RL crap. Now they have this, and I figure I'm just... not buying an XSS bundle this year.

Instead of pretending you have interest in the S, why not look at the other b9undles that include other games?

PhaseJump

Banned
Instead of pretending you have interest in the S, why not look at the other b9undles that include other games?

I'm sitting on hundreds of digital games in my library and One consoles on all my TVs. I'm not pretending anything. I'm waiting for better game bundles.

Instead of flooding this forum with useless threads and arugments to imply somebody is pretending an interest in something, why not go fuck yourself?

Kacho

Gold Member

I just don’t see Xbox bundling games anymore. They’d rather load you up with Game Pass time so you can play whatever you want. It’s lame but that’s their primary focus unfortunately.

I'm sitting on hundreds of digital games in my library and One consoles on all my TVs. I'm not pretending anything. I'm waiting for better game bundles.

Instead of flooding this forum with useless threads and arugments to imply somebody is pretending an interest in something, why not go fuck yourself?

So useless you're here having a meltdown posting in your usual poorly toned manner.

Listen instead of complaining about games you don't play having their currency bundled you could have simply looked up other bundles that didn't include the games. This isn't hard.

PhaseJump

Banned
So useless you're here having a meltdown posting in your usual poorly toned manner.

Listen instead of complaining about games you don't play having their currency bundled you could have simply looked up other bundles that didn't include the games. This isn't hard.

I'm an Xbox fan, looking to upgrade One consoles.

The headlines break and they're advertising more Fortnite Rocket League F2P shit that they have included all year long in the old bundles. Nothing worthwhile.

I mention I'm occasionally looking at the S, but it's not going to happen and I'm going to wait until next year.

Here comes you, the retarded info dump spamming thread beast. - If Phil Spencer farts while lifting a cheek in an interview, we need six topics about it. - Claiming I'm pretending to be interested in the very thing I'm shopping for, from the company that has been disappointing me with their lack of bundles... Stating the obvious, a swing and a miss.

Here comes you, the retarded info dump spamming thread beast. - If Phil Spencer farts while lifting a cheek in an interview, we need six topics about it.

I'm sure you fabricating and doubling down on an unnecessarily aggressive tone will surely help distract from the fact you entered this thread to complain about the games associated with the bundle, and then freaked out when I suggested for you to just look for another bundle without said games.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned

I'm an Xbox fan, looking to upgrade One consoles.

The headlines break and they're advertising more Fortnite Rocket League F2P shit that they have included all year long in the old bundles. Nothing worthwhile.

I mention I'm occasionally looking at the S, but it's not going to happen and I'm going to wait until next year.

Here comes you, the retarded info dump spamming thread beast. - If Phil Spencer farts while lifting a cheek in an interview, we need six topics about it. - Claiming I'm pretending to be interested in the very thing I'm shopping for, from the company that has been disappointing me with their lack of bundles... Stating the obvious, a swing and a miss.
Are you trolling, or are you just serious?

You know there is ignore button right? Click ignore on the profile, and you wont see his post, or this post.
No need to act like this.

If you want cheap XSS, there is this one at $250. No bundle, but its cheap.

feynoob

Banned
Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin I think you need to take a break. No need to spam with those threads. Just make 1 OT, and update that. Much better, than wasting good posts, with useless threads.

4, but they likely have produced a crap ton of Series S waiting in warehouses.

I expect probably some more bundles to be announced when we are in the week of Black Friday. A lot of these deals are only for the Series S so it looks like Microsoft is focusing all their Series X stock without much promos outside maybe a gift card, or some free months of gamepass.

It makes sense given the profit margins, they will probably make a lot of revenue this holiday not doing many deals for the X as they sell out But for the S that can afford all these deals,

Mr Moose

Why are some being so hostile in here? It might be a meh bundle but the free cosmetics make up for it somewhat.
Introducing the Xbox Series S – Gilded Hunter Bundle, including an Xbox Series S (and controller), a total of nine in-game cosmetics, plus virtual currency for Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys. It’s available at Xbox.com and participating North American retailers for $299 and will be rolling out worldwide starting November 29 while supplies last.***

*** Use with digital games only; console does not play physical discs. Includes play-for-free Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys game downloads. Bundle doesn’t include access to Fortnite: Save the World mode.
French xbox was having xsx stock issues.
The French buy Switch, not Xbox so I don't think their stock issues will be that big.

The Gilded bundle was $50 off at some Target stores, check your local target if interested they may have some left. Some may have raised the price back to normal though,

Top Bottom