• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox boss talks about Bethesda acquirement

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
When burning money is your only and last option...

It's gonna be ok, you still get to play Bethesda games on Pc
1528690340-2786-full.png

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Love how executives are able to quickly think of responses that have nothing to do with the question.

What's the difference between Apple Store 30% cut and console stores?
Random answer follows

He's got to be feeling pretty good about this right now. 23 studios now, that is absolutely insane. Three years ago they only had around 7.
Yet people thought he was sitting on his hands doing nothing. By the start of the gen after this they will be the biggest publisher in gaming. I’m sure they will make other acquisitions. But they legitimately have IPs that are game of the year contenders by hand fold. Which is great for their other studios like coalition and 343 don’t have to pump out gears and halo as much.

DarkBatman

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
how 's that 12 month final fantasy timed exclusivity is working for you though?

First PS5 pre order wave was sold out after a few minutes, many people are waiting for the second one.
Let's see how buying Zenimax will work out for you in two years - right now it's hard to tell because nothing happened, right? :messenger_winking:

Why can't we all just be happy?
Now Sony has great studios/exclusives as well as MS.
This fanboy bullshit from both sides is just pathetic and has to stop.

Neither of y’all need to be this hostile about this
Enough with the fanboy nonsense.
First PS5 pre order wave was sold out after a few minutes, many people are waiting for the second one.
Let's see how buying Zenimax will work out for you in two years - right now it's hard to tell because nothing happened, right? :messenger_winking:

Why can't we all just be happy?
Now Sony has great studios/exclusives as well as MS.
This fanboy bullshit from both sides is just pathetic and has to stop.
Did you three even see what I replied to? look again:

When burning money is your only and last option...

I mean, I can understand your vision is blurred and you are feeling very dizzy right now, but try to pay at least some attention!

Last edited:

Starfield

Lots of talk about gamepass and mobile phones.

Yep this wont end well . For the gamers.
you have to imagine that for the broader public a Apple vs. Microsoft story is bigger vs. a Microsoft buys game publisher story. Read between the lines

Did you three even see what I replied to? look again:

I mean, I can understand your vision is blurred and you are feeling very dizzy right now, but try to pay at least some attention!
And Microsoft has been doing this since this generation started, remember Tomb Raider? Now they've announced dozens of them, so honestly you can't talk.

FF16 is more likely a console exclusive to PS5 and the timed exclusivity is for PC and FF7 is for all platforms, who knows? I get your point but FF isn't a $7.5 billion franchise, in fact Square is only worth $1 billion so that'd be a great acquisition.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

And Microsoft has been doing this since this generation started, remember Tomb Raider? Now they've announced dozens of them, so honestly you can't talk.

FF16 is more likely a console exclusive to PS5 and the timed exclusivity is for PC and FF7 is for all platforms, who knows? I get your point but FF isn't a $7.5 billion franchise, in fact Square is only worth $1 billion so that'd be a great qcquisition.
It’s been going on forever. Nintendo did this to Sega with nearly all third parties in the 8 bit era.

FF16 is more likely a console exclusive to PS5 and the timed exclusivity is for PC and FF7 is for all platforms, who knows? I get your point but FF isn't a $7.5 billion franchise, in fact Square is only worth $1 billion so that'd be a great qcquisition.
well, yeah.... let sony buy Square
this way they might have something to trade for some xbox studios games to come to playstation
but do call Jim on the phone and tell him now. you never know for how much longer they will be available :messenger_beaming: :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
It’s been going on forever. Nintendo did this to Sega with nearly all third parties in the 8 bit era.
I know, but those were actual exclusives, when they meant way more... when they were literally the only reason why anybody would want a console.

well, yeah.... let sony buy Square
this way they might have something to trade for some xbox studios games to come to playstation
but do call Jim on the phone and tell him now. you never know for how much longer they will be available :messenger_beaming: :messenger_sunglasses:

What's that last bit supposed to mean? This is the only acquisition that will do Microsoft any good, really. Rare went downhill and hopefully can recover (still no Banjo), and Obsidian/inXile were in financial distress and hopefully they can recover now too. I'm actually excited for this acquisition, but at the same time I'm also worried that industry vets will start quitting because that usually happens after these kind of acquisitions... making them a shadow of their former selves (Rare comes to mind there as well).

Either way this is huge.

Last edited:

Sw0pDiller

First i want to see those studios making some AAA games. Can we remeber what happened to RARE en Lionhead when they were bought by MS? yes indeed all the good people walked and RARE is a mere shel f its former self. Still grat move by Microsoft in trying to dominate.

DarkBatman

Did you read my comment? BOTH SIDES.

I know you fanboy vision is blurred and you are feeling very dizzy right know, but try to pay at least some attention. PLEASE!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yes because Sony did not try to content starve Microsoft by going to every major third party to money hat exclusives. This is a response don't bring a knife to a tank fight. Sony started this period.

Nobody started this. Buying exclusives has always happened. This isn't a response to Sony's money hats.

Top Bottom