• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox claims it’s working on unannounced new IP ‘that will blow your mind’

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What if they dont?

i would legit say they are in trouble if they don’t have 2 or 3 big games to show real footage of outside of halo. This is the 20th anniversary of Xbox, they’ve shown nothing but cg trailed last year.

Yes gamepass is amazing and will continue to grow, but to generate genuine excitement I think they need a really strong in game footage/trailer of a handful of games that look awesome.

for example.

Halo - looking better but still a cross Gen game at 4k 60 FPS. I expect this to still get dragged over the coals by fanboys but ultimately it will play amazingly well and be HUGE on gamepass day one.

Starfield - showstopper. Launches early 2022. This could be huge.

Forza Horizon Mexico - in game, looks brilliant but is obviously cross Gen. Still breathtakingly beautiful. Launches October this year.

Perfect dark - in game footage looks great.

More great games. from all of gaming all on gamepass day one.
hopefully something new and exciting....not a cg trailer!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
i would legit say they are in trouble if they don’t have 2 or 3 big games to show real footage of outside of halo. This is the 20th anniversary of Xbox, they’ve shown nothing but cg trailed last year.

Yes gamepass is amazing and will continue to grow, but to generate genuine excitement I think they need a really strong in game footage/trailer of a handful of games that look awesome.

for example.

Halo - looking better but still a cross Gen game at 4k 60 FPS. I expect this to still get dragged over the coals by fanboys but ultimately it will play amazingly well and be HUGE on gamepass day one.

Starfield - showstopper. Launches early 2022. This could be huge.

Forza Horizon Mexico - in game, looks brilliant but is obviously cross Gen. Still breathtakingly beautiful. Launches October this year.

Perfect dark - in game footage looks great.

More great games. from all of gaming all on gamepass day one.
hopefully something new and exciting....not a cg trailer!
I'd say they have to take it one step further.

Perfect Dark in-game footage won't cut it. Last year they showed a CGI trailer. If this year they show just in-game footage, when will they show actual gameplay? Apparently, Xbox executives and even their family members have been playing this game for years now.

Hellblade 2 "in-game footage" was shown in 2019. We still haven't seen the gameplay footage 18 months later.

In comparison, PS5 has been nothing but gameplay footage captured directly on the PS5. Not trying it to make a console war, but people will compare the two platforms eventually. With Returnal's release and tons of actual gameplay footage of R&C and the upcoming Deathloop previews, Xbox will have to show jaw-dropping gameplay footage (running on XSX, not equivalent PC settings), of new games, other than the usual suspects: Halo and Forza.

Remember, for Xbox it is not just about retaining existing customers (which is what they seem to be trying so far). They must win single-purchase PlayStation fans over to Xbox, i.e., convince people who can only afford one console to abandon PlayStation and purchase Xbox over it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'd say they have to take it one step further.

Perfect Dark in-game footage won't cut it. Last year they showed a CGI trailer. If this year they show just in-game footage, when will they show actual gameplay? Apparently, Xbox executives and even their family members have been playing this game for years now.

Hellblade 2 "in-game footage" was shown in 2019. We still haven't seen the gameplay footage 18 months later.

In comparison, PS5 has been nothing but gameplay footage captured directly on the PS5. Not trying it to make a console war, but people will compare the two platforms eventually. With Returnal's release and tons of actual gameplay footage of R&C and the upcoming Deathloop previews, Xbox will have to show jaw-dropping gameplay footage (running on XSX, not equivalent PC settings), of new games, other than the usual suspects: Halo and Forza.

Remember, for Xbox it is not just about retaining existing customers (which is what they seem to be trying so far). They must win single-purchase PlayStation fans over to Xbox, i.e., convince people who can only afford one console to abandon PlayStation and purchase Xbox over it.

totally agree on perfect dark, I think it needs to be gameplay plus trailer etc. Show us what it actually plays like.

Also agree on hellblade 2 that needs to show some real footage. A crazy cutscene and then into gameplay for a short section.

yup, my post was to say win customers that are in the middle and still making their purchase decision.. Eg you’ve probably got 10 million sale potential off the back of starfield alone if it shows well. If they can get the Skyrim/fallout hype that will be huge.

You seem to misinterpret my post.

"Same as I said in the Sony thread: show me the games"

So may I ask how your comment should be interpreted? You want to be shown the games? Is that correct? Is E3 not a venue to show the general public new games? I'm not sure you actually remembered your post but I've quoted it for you to jog your memory.

Valedix

Doubt It GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"Same as I said in the Sony thread: show me the games"

So may I ask how your comment should be interpreted? You want to be shown the games? Is that correct? Is E3 not a venue to show the general public new games? I'm not sure you actually remembered your post but I've quoted it for you to jog your memory.

Well, you could have also read as caution against hype masters and their unannounced games.

Which was the intention.

high quality GIF

I hope it blows my mind in the opposite way of how Halo Infinite blew my mind :). I have low expectations though, MS didn't blow anyones minds for the last whole gen now, except for maybe Flight Simulator. Besides that we've only seen CGI trailers of games that are like minimum 3/5 years away.

Last edited:
Not doubting it really.

This is the same company that made console FPS’s a thing, dominating the racing game market for years and have continued with Forza Horizon, brought games like oblivion and Skyrim to console and helped them become the success that they are.

people laughed at Sea Of Thieves and Rare, now they are the ones laughing after the game has been a huge success and still is going.

Xbox have had their bad times and all that yes, but to doubt they can do damage and shake up the exclusive industry with new games, you have an IQ of a fridge and are probably below 16-18 years old.

Xbox is on fire right now and I feel bad for those that don’t have one or hate it just because they’ve been told to on the internet. Their loss I suppose.
Is your name left thumbstick in remembrance of all the 360 controllers that drifted before their time?

Yeah mate, there was 2 last year alone in Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Flight Sim. Sorry.
An extremely over rated old school metroidvania platformer that looks like it could've been released the gen before, and a flight simulator. This post has 30 likes. This is the stuff Xbox fans have to celebrate over to feel better about their fandom. Lmao

NullZ3r0

Banned
We'll see next month then.

Microsoft have been suspiciously quiet and since what happened last year, I can see why.

Banjo64

cumsessed
An extremely over rated old school metroidvania platformer that looks like it could've been released the gen before, and a flight simulator. This post has 30 likes. This is the stuff Xbox fans have to celebrate over to feel better about their fandom. Lmao
The guy asked a simple question mate, whether there were any Xbox IP rated above 90 on Metacritic. I just provided a factual answer. Whether you can deal with that or not, I really don’t care. Please take your irrelevant opinion on Ori and continue wanking over Abbie’s bulge or whatever it is you do with your spare time.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

Zeroing

Banned
Well this thread make my head hurt… I’m going back to play video games…

advise for anyone who wants to take it: a company who for 10 years neglected their fan base is not worth fighting for! Let them show consistently, they care now. Words are just words.

Yup and its like you saying the kid on guitar in the 5th grade band is better than Buckethead. Have your personal preference but your defensiveness exemplifies your inability to be objective
Sorry your just butthurt you keep getting your shit pushed in over your lack of multiplayer. At least you got a pretty sick walking simulator to play since you clearly dont go outside. Or you could play some SOCOM, oh wait.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Honestly I don't get hyped for MS stuff anymore, they have to prove themselves, see what they can do with their new superpowers.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I have both the PS5 and the series X, but let's be honest, if Microsoft doesn't come up with something truly spectacular this E3 to rival Sony, I'm quite sure that there will once again be a clear winner of this generation. I honestly can't believe how they managed not to release a single spectacular new game to show off their console. Sony had Demon's Souls, Returnal and soon Ratchet & Clank and the console has been out little over half a year. Microsoft has gamepass. Which is great for me, since I never owned a Microsoft console and can play all the old exclusives I missed, but that's it for now. Since this is the same company that thought showing Halo infinite in the state it was in was a good idea, I'm not holding my breath. But let's see...

Last edited:
Sorry your just butthurt you keep getting your shit pushed in over your lack of multiplayer. At least you got a pretty sick walking simulator to play since you clearly dont go outside. Or you could play some SOCOM, oh wait.
lol bro no one is playing gears 5 over cross platform multiplayer games and if they are they sure as fuck wouldn't be delusional like you. Keep telling yourself that makes Xbox exclusives objectively better even though every rational person would tell you otherwise. I mean just look at the other posts lol whatever

Last edited:
Top Bottom