• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox confirmed to be at E3 2020

Xbots so desperate to have Phil go on stage present them a new car and lie to them about how many "exclusives" their 20 studio acquisitions will release 20 years from now that they don't even try to figure it out.

Didn't he resign from the company like 3 months ago?

Kagey K

Banned
E3 is important and it's good to see Xbox in attendance. They seriously better bring it. Don't just show up to show up. Bring the heat.
I don’t doubt that they understand this is a chance to bring some old 360 players back into the fold as well as make new fans,

Can't wait to see Halo Infinite campaign gameplay! We will likely also see what I pray is a vastly improved Fable 4 RPG experience with amazing looking combat and magic abilities. Who knows what new game announcements there be. I also can't wait to see just how powerful Series X truly is. I know roughly where it's at if RX 5700XT is any indication. A 12TFLOPS GPU should be roughly on par with an RTX 2080TI, or at the very least RTX 2080 Super. Can't wait till the full specs are revealed for this animal.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Having the chance to show respect and talk to their fans is important to Xbox - to Sony, not so much...
Now if you are not at E3 you have no respect for fans and you have no other way to talk to them :LOL: ... you know that is bollocks (Phil said his Xbox is asbestos free, PS5 must surely be filled with it then :rolleyes:), but you know what... it fair... it is a joyful thread about Xbox and you know what, it is a good news they have announced where they will present their next HW and ecosystem steps. Get your digs in :p.

Last edited:

Raziel

microsoft showing up to e3 like

p3vf8q7z5oe01.png

Klayzer

It's a major opportunity for them to reach a whole lot of gamers.
That's what I've been saying. They can definitely poach some of their former customers back from PlayStation with a strong E3 showing. Phil this is the moment to get millions of gamers excited about the brand again. Don't fuck it up.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hey Phil Spencer..... (if you are reading this post).

Don't forget at E3 to remind gamers Sony's MLB is coming to Xbox. You probably won't have video to show yet as I think the deal opens up for 2021, but throw in a reminder to gamers it's coming.

Mass Shift

It literally is. Hopefully they will be smart enough to properly capitalize on it. And the stakes couldn't be higher. A successful MS event could also be responsible for E3 even having a future.

Last edited:
This.

There is no point in going to E3 if Sony does their own reveal event for PS5.
It's a shame, but the only major PS4 title left by then will be Ghost of Tsushima and they will just have shown PS5 already.

No doubt if they would just show one or two trailers for PS5 exclusives, they'll generate more hype than MS' E3 presser anyway. Lol

Sure, keep on telling yourself that and maybe it will become true.

Psykodad

Banned
Sure, keep on telling yourself that and maybe it will become true.
Lol who cares?

Whether they hold a press conference at E3or do their own press conference, there's still gonna be a press conference.

At E3 they can do something like a State of Play.
Nobody misses out on anything, it's just that they're gonna hold a press conference at a different date.

Last edited:

Kazza

Now if you are not at E3 you have no respect for fans and you have no other way to talk to them :LOL: ... you know that is bollocks (Phil said his Xbox is asbestos free, PS5 must surely be filled with it then :rolleyes:), but you know what... it fair... it is a joyful thread about Xbox and you know what, it is a good news they have announced where they will present their next HW and ecosystem steps. Get your digs in :p.

Phil said it, not me (or at least he implied it, the cheeky monkey).

QMNAZSj.gif

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Lol who cares?

Whether they hold a press conference at E3or do their own press conference, there's still gonna be a press conference.

At E3 they can do something like a State of Play.
Nobody misses out on anything, it's just that they're gonna hold a press conference at a different date.
That's true, but mostly for gamers.

Random news outlets even follow E3 since that's where most new games are introduced. And sure if Sony has a PS5 event this will be in the media, but if they introduce games at games om for example, not so much. While this would've been the case at E3. E3 is just important for non hardcore gamers to follow and know what is new, without reading gaming websites.

Psykodad

Banned
That's true, but mostly for gamers.

Random news outlets even follow E3 since that's where most new games are introduced. And sure if Sony has a PS5 event this will be in the media, but if they introduce games at games om for example, not so much. While this would've been the case at E3. E3 is just important for non hardcore gamers to follow and know what is new, without reading gaming websites.
Fair point.
But if Sony shows new stuff in a video direct, they still can create buzz along with being talked about because of their absence.

Iirc last year people were discussing Sony more than MS during E3. Without being there.

Will this add more pressure to Microsoft?

If they have anything less than a stellar presentation, it will be easy for the media to say "Microsoft should have skipped E3". Which probably means that they will bring their big guns.

We will see.

redfirm

Banned

If they have anything less than a stellar presentation, it will be easy for the media to say "Microsoft should have skipped E3". Which probably means that they will bring their big guns.

We will see.
Sony has confirmed to hold about 200 conferences worldwide and attend other major expo's on top of that they will have their state of play. There is zero reason to feel bad that sony is not at E3 if you are not attending it. they will hold a conference and it will be good as always. Both parties have tons to show. trust me, this year it will be more about hardware hype than anything else.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

We will see.
Absolutely! They're always under pressure especially after the bad launch and reputation of the X1

Sony has confirmed to hold about 200 conferences worldwide and attend other major expo's on top of that they will have their state of play. There is zero reason to feel bad that sony is not at E3 if you are not attending it. they will hold a conference and it will be good as always.

I know. It couldn't give a monkey's fart where the conference is, it's all the same to me sat at home watching on T.V.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Fair point.
But if Sony shows new stuff in a video direct, they still can create buzz along with being talked about because of their absence.

Iirc last year people were discussing Sony more than MS during E3. Without being there.
Definitely, and if more and more companies stop attending or doing half a show it will be less of an event anyway. Sony is smart enough to have made the calculation if they would lose any value on their PS5 marketing. If they believe they have more to gain with their own event instead of at E3, then there's a big chance this is actually the case.

Ar¢tos

Man Sony better do that event in February so they can get the news cycle for a bit because once xbox show's the superior console with amazing looking games plus a cheaper console it's over for sony
Because E3 is the only place to announce a console specs or release date?
If only there were other places to do conferences! Or a network connected globally where information could be shared!

alienator

How do u prevent your 100+ million ps4 users from looking at the competition ?

By not going to the same event as them!

just being sarcastic here. :)

But serious, a what if? scenario.

The day after the MS conference Sony shows and announces its ps5 , better specs than the xbox sex and a incredible exclusive line -up.

it could happen ya know.. start sweating.

But to be totally honest they could announce it with "worse" specs , i mean when the xbox and ps4 got released its been the xbox fanboys telling me that weaker specs didnt matter and it was all about the games... so please show me those games.. those sexy next gen games!!

Shin

Banned
I like this kind of competition, good on Microsoft to put it out there at the right time.
As Series X is on my buying list I'm pleased that they'll be there, everything will most likely unfold.

E3 shouldn't die, it's historical on so many levels.
Hell this is where Sony announced PlayStation to the world with the famous:

Technically yes but being there alone without mind blowing material won't do anything
It would only backfire if they don’t bring it . Last year after e3 2019 many die hard Xbox fans like crapgamer and mooch turned against Xbox due to being disappointed. Now their channels are anti MS lol 😂

scalman

Doesnt matter how good they will show on e3 , what will matter is when sony will show their news and how much news they will show. I dont see any mindblowimg new games will come from MS they best thing is to show real new console real price and real games.
It will be now interesting to see how they will compete for atention.
Im waiting new AC from ubisoft on e3 more.

Top Bottom