• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox cut ties with Brazilian Youtuber "Mil Grau" for racist comments

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
DON'T SEARCH FOR THE "XBOX MIL GRAU" TWITTER. It has spoilers of Last of Us 2.

Translation:
"The content of the Mil Grau account does not reflect our fundamental values of respect, diversity and inclusion. We already demand the immediate removal of our brand from your channels, through social media companies."

Also, one example of racists comments from them:

The guys says in portuguese:
- A cultura negra é essa? Então é bem bosta
- É... tem que voltar pra senzala

With free translation:
- this is the black culture? It's shitty
- yeah... they needs to go back to slavery

There's a lot of more bad stuff from them, and they're reported a lot. Xbox Brasil and US got to know and they're ban from Xbox stuff.

REMEMBER TO NOT SEARCH THIS PROFILE ON TWITTER if you don't want spoilers of LoU2
Another example:
free translation: "cry me a river?"
index.php

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Most gaming Streamers and YouTubers are idiots to begin with.

Brazilian ones? A whole 'nother level of stupidity. They are obnoxious as fuck. I don't even follow what happens here. Bunch of clowns.

And this idiot deserved the axe.

It's even more stupid since the term "Mil Grau" is a slang from the hoods, clearly influenced by local rap and stuff like that.

Also, look at the face of this idiot. Anyone who followed him to begin with, racist or not, deserved to be ridiculed.

Xbox-Mil-Grau-2020-voxel.png

Brazilian racist people are real idiots... I mean... a good 95% percent of the country is mixed. I bet he has black or native blood in his heritage. They act like they're fucking arians or some shit.

So, I know these guys since 2010-2011, they are brothers from São Carlos, São Paulo.
We used to play Halo Reach and Gears 3 with them, later I found out they were from the same city that my university.

I cut ties with them around 2017-2018 when they started gaining followers in social media. They were surfing in the far right rhetoric of other youtubers (some of them are now employers of the Federal Goverment and are part of are official alternative media propaganda and fake news machine).

They were, what you would call "Edge Lord", they keep pushing the limits to see what they can get away with.
So, are they legit racists?

I don't want to use the Alex Jones defense, however their online personas were 100% acting.
They had a PS3 and bought a PS4 almost at day one.

So, that was expected to happen sooner or later. As I said, they were following the steps of other Youtubers that have been prospering here since 2016.

It is a shame, they were funny guys before doing anything to get attention.

Aion002

That took a while.... This guy was sued for a shit ton of things in the last few years... I am surprised that MS had ties with him.

He is scum, the personification of everything that is bad in a human being.

Codes 208

That took a while.... This guy was sued for a shit ton of things in the last few years... I am surprised that MS had ties with him.

He is scum, the personification of everything that is bad in a human being.
He probably was just under the radar enough for them not to notice his racist shit if this has been ongoing

Last edited:

iorek21

Fuck those guys at Mingau

They began to spoil TLOU2 when the leaks happened, and now they’re trolling with racist commentary.

I always hated those Mil Grau pages, specially the soccer teams one, but this wins the prize

lock2k

Banned
Fuck those guys at Mingau

They began to spoil TLOU2 when the leaks happened, and now they’re trolling with racist commentary.

I always hated those Mil Grau pages, specially the soccer teams one, but this wins the prize

Brazilian social media is a fucking joke (not that the rest of the world is that better) but still.

ethomaz

Banned
I will share what I posted in another thread.
No community should support this type.

This account is what the worst exists in the alt right.
The guy is a joke.
TimDog, Crapgamer, Dealer, etc are good boys compared with what this guy posts.

MS should be ashamed to partnership and sending gifts to him in the past lol
He lose a lot of law suit to other news sites here in Brasil.

BTW Era is now fully focused in him right now: https://www.resetera.com/threads/er...il-grau-forced-to-remove-xbox-branding.88386/

Yeap I know he is Brazilian just like me :(

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
He doesn't realize Brazilians were enslaved also.
He does, and that's why precisely why he wishes that on them. He is a cunt.

The lei áurea (golden law) was signed by Princess Isabel in 1888 here and abolished slavery. There is an old racist joke that it was signed by pencil and it could be erased at any time.

This is the same guy who tried to sue gaming journalist for being bias towards Xbox. I think he showed YouTube videos as proof to back up his case. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Maybe I wasn't 100% correct but...

You can honestly say the same thing about many of those discord people.

Last edited:

makaveli60

How strange seeing that this time the accusation seems valid.
Nowadays usually it work like this:
-crazy SJW/liberal/leftist comes up with some total bullshit
-someone (mostly white male) disagrees in any way--->called racist/nazi etc.

I'm okay with this, as long as everyone is treated the same (but we know it's not like that...).

This just proves that there’s systemic racism inherit to Xbox streamers. It’s high time to reform the streamers of the Xbox. DDOS then, spam them, idgaf. They all deserve to be cancelled.

Or maybe it’s just this 1 streamer. 🤔

This just proves that there’s systemic racism inherit to Xbox streamers. It’s high time to reform the streamers of the Xbox. DDOS then, spam them, idgaf. They all deserve to be cancelled.

Or maybe it’s just this 1 streamer. 🤔
Sounds a lot like you're ok with enabling all of them by only punishing one.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
He probably was just under the radar enough for them not to notice his racist shit if this has been ongoing
I guess that they never got down. I hear stuff of them since the early Xbox One years, and maybe since they made a ton of dumb God of War posts just to piss off the PlayStation fanbase. It was mostly childish behavior thou, so eh.

They won a lot of stuff from Xbox US, got sued from a magazine or something, but continued with the Xbox support. Game over from them now.
It's even more stupid since the term "Mil Grau" is a slang from the hoods, clearly influenced by local rap and stuff like that.
Kinda, but not really. It's mostly used by people with bikes who do a wheelie, which is called here "grau" because it's a math thing - you have on wheel on the floor and the other wheel on the air, which does 160º (160 graus). People exagerated enough saying "mil grau" because sounds cool and then became a meme, which could be said to anything that can look cooler.

lock2k

Banned
I guess that they never got down. I hear stuff of them since the early Xbox One years, and maybe since they made a ton of dumb God of War posts just to piss off the PlayStation fanbase. It was mostly childish behavior thou, so eh.

They won a lot of stuff from Xbox US, got sued from a magazine or something, but continued with the Xbox support. Game over from them now.

Kinda, but not really. It's mostly used by people with bikes who do a wheelie, which is called here "grau" because it's a math thing - you have on wheel on the floor and the other wheel on the air, which does 160º (160 graus). People exagerated enough saying "mil grau" because sounds cool and then became a meme, which could be said to anything that can look cooler.

Oh, I know that, but I always heard the phrase said by "Manos" hehehe

Still.... what a douche this Mil Grau dude is. Deserves to be punished accordingly.

Vawn

Banned
I'm confused, what were their ties? I guess I don't follow gamer YouTube channels.

Does Xbox pay YouTubers to play and speak positively about their consoles and games?

lock2k

Banned
I'm confused, what were their ties? I guess I don't follow gamer YouTube channels.

Does Xbox pay YouTubers to play and speak positively about their consoles and games?

I'm not sure but they probably sent stuff to the channel and endorsed it in a way, or a partnership in Brazil Game Show, I'm really out of touch though.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

Dumb analogy: it's like you have a neighbor who you share your wi-fi, and now you don't.

They didn't pay anything directly (as far I know), but Xbox send games, merch and Phil Spencer knew who they are.

nikolino840

Maybe he was part of Xbox Ambassador program

Seems like this finally put him above the 150 average viewers on twitch. Before the channel was deleted, that is. :messenger_smiling:

/edit
damn , Instagram is gone as well

He's currently trying to deflect the criticism on Twitter. Actually fun to watch. Must be hard if you get backlash for being a piece of shit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom