• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox discontinued, 360 Pro Bundle coming?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
snatchez requested I post this news here:

The Xbox has been discontinued by Microsoft. I assume they mean the hardware is no longer being manufactured. I also am assuming this isn't old news.

Also, there is a Xbox 360 Pro Bundle coming out that will include the system, PGR3, 1250 Points Card & 3 Month Live Gold for $399. It is supposedly going to be available the week of August 1st.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is this "pro bundle" going to be the premium 360? If so, thats not a bad deal.. 3 XBLA games (plus the one the system comes with) and a AAA racing game for the same price as the system last xmas.

neptunes

Good news, I hope this means more people on PGR3.

I CAN'T FINISH the online career mode, if it takes forever to find someone.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
StoOgE said:
Is this "pro bundle" going to be the premium 360?

I'm assuming so. If not, that would be mighty stupid.

What sort of incentive would people have to buy it if it was the tard pack?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sathsquatch said:
I assume that this stuff is just in addition to the premium pack considering all this stuff is worth about 50-60 dollars and a hard drive is worth 100.

Ditto, it wouldn't make sense unless it was a premium. It's very cheap for MS to include this stuff.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
gofreak said:
Ditto, it wouldn't make sense unless it was a premium. It's very cheap for MS to include this stuff.

Yeah. I'm surprised a lot of people are asking if it's the tard pack. MS would be mega retarded to offer this with the core pack.

Lo-Volt said:
Proof would be nice.

Yes it would. But this appears to be a "leak" of some sort.

Zonar

I'm positive this is because the 360's have not sold as well as they wanted. If the PS2 continues to out sell the 360 then this was severely needed.

Plus I wont be the only one loosing on pgr3:D

If true, this is going to make for a nice bundle heading into the fall when the other systems are closing in on their release. More value for the same money, and probably not effecting MS as all on the bottome line.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
If true, this is going to make for a nice bundle heading into the fall when the other systems are closing in on their release. More value for the same money, and probably not effecting MS as all on the bottome line.

Yeah, it's peanuts really.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The excuse I needed to finally justify this purchase....now, should I put it on my wine cooler or my subwoofer?

Zonar said:
I'm positive this is because the 360's have not sold as well as they wanted. If the PS2 continues to out sell the 360 then this was severely needed.

you're crazy. they are STILL selling out in lots of markets. This is clearrly to make the pricepoint more attractive to those who don't accept a 400$ pricepoint and to build their online audience.

Dr: what is Snatches source? vague answers acceptable.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It wouldn't surprise me since stores are including a free game with the 360 up here. It used to be PGR3 but this week it's a choice between Kameo and Perfect Dark.

EDIT: Then again, MS is ripping Canadians off with the current price so it's probably just to make it more in line with the US price..

Bojangles

Sorry Doc, this message is just rumor and speculation until it's been massaged by a PR rep and released officially :lol :lol

(i support no-source leaks)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Bojangles said:
Sorry Doc, this message is just rumor and speculation until it's been massaged by a PR rep and released officially :lol :lol

(i support no-source leaks)

I'm not thrilled about having no real proof either, and I debated about posting this in the first place. It's legit to consider this rumor since there is no source I can provide.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
meltpotato said:
and by system you mean... premium?? (what else would the points be good for)
People with just a core system and a memory card can still make use of the points.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
meltpotato said:
and a gold subscription?

it would be a massive ****-up on the part of MS

Nothing stopping MS from taking an idiots money now is there? I think the **** up would be on the users part personally.

Kolgar said:
Me too. Process shrink be damned, I'm springing for the extended warranty anyway. :)

ugh.. just in time for Dead Rising no less... i seriously need to build up my PS2 backlog so i don't jump the gun and pick this up.

kaching said:
Not sure I follow...what would be the screwup on MS's part?

they would lose all the sales from people like myself.. those of us with eyes and the ability to read.

Zonar

meltpotato said:
you're crazy. they are STILL selling out in lots of markets. This is clearrly to make the pricepoint more attractive to those who don't accept a 400$ pricepoint and to build their online audience.

Dr: what is Snatches source? vague answers acceptable.

have to slightly disagree. I believe the $400 price point to be true but I think their #1 concern is install base. When PS2 out sold 360 in the NPD numbers (mostly due to the ps2 price drop) AFTER they got there supply chain fixed, that caused them to worry. I have seen no recent evidence to show that they have still been selling out (at least not in Phoenix).

ZeoVGM

Banned
im guessing this would just be a limited run for a couple months.

now ms just needs to do this in the fall: drop the core bundle all together, drop the premium to $299 (and if they still have this pro bundle, drop that to $349), and then put out a "high end" sku of sorts for $399 that comes with an internal HD-DVD player and maybe a bigger HDD

Top Bottom