• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbudz

That's going to cap off the train.

zHQCA1W.jpg

All others will be placed on the Hype-finity.

Oh damn. I want on the Hype-finity as well! I'll buy two tickets if I must!

Wigdogger

It seems hard to believe that MS would launch two RTS games in one show (Halo Wars 2 and AOE/Rise of Legneds), but maybe that's a way of signalling they're committed to the PC and this entire "Xbox as a service" ecosystem.

For my money, I'm predicting the following:

> Known AAA Games: Forza Horizon 3 (trailer), Sea of Thieves (gameplay). ReCore (gameplay), Crackdown (trailer/beta announce), Gears 4 (gameplay), Halo Wars 2 (trailer showing some gameplay). Scalebound willb be a no-show, with maybe a mention and brief trailer clip. Wouldn't be shocked if one of these has been delayed.

> Unknown AAA Games: New IP (trailer), revived nostalgia IP (trailer).

> Indies: Summer of Arcade type thing with Inside, Below, Cuphead, Ashen. Increased focus on game preview and ID@Xbox tools.

> Unknown Indies: Probably two or three significant indies will be showcased.

> New consoles will probably get solid focus, alongside Xbox as a service. They probably won't completely play their hand here, leaving a few chips in the pile so that Sony doesn't have the ability to counter everything. I think they will emphasize the flexibility and mobility of the Xbox brand ("choice," "play anywhere," "pay what you want").

> No Hololens talk. VR talk seems likely to come from a possible Oculus partnership, but I think what they say will depend on the nature of that partnership and how it interfaces with this higher-powered console that's coming.

> As usual, probably a couple of smaller surprises (battletoads, KI characters, Rare nostalgia) and two or three third-party games being shown (Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Deus Ex, etc.)

My feeling is that the strength of their show will depend on how well Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves and ReCore have come along. We know what Gears and Forza are, and Crackdown could be awesome, but I get the feeling the multiplayer will only be kind of a beta that ends up being a bit mindless. I hope it's more than that. Those other three need to be winners. And of course, the two big AAA games and two or three indies they announce need to create a spark.

But beyond that, their service message needs to resonate, and the back compat offerings and flexibility of the platform need to be clear. No muddled messaging. Define Xbox as an alternative to the standard gaming experience, and clearly champion what it does well and why we should care. If VR isn't a big focus for them, don't waste time on it.

Interested (like everyone else) to see how they message the identify of Xbox and how some of these games have come along. One hand washes the other. They can create new hardware and identify, but you need games to shape that identity. But without a clearly defined hardware message and ecosystem, no one will play the games.

Granjinha

> Known AAA Games: Forza Horizon 3 (trailer), Sea of Thieves (gameplay). ReCore (gameplay), Crackdown (trailer/beta announce), Gears 4 (gameplay), Halo Wars 2 (trailer showing some gameplay). Scalebound willb be a no-show, with maybe a mention and brief trailer clip. Wouldn't be shocked if one of these has been delayed.

Shinobi already confirmed that Scalebound will be there.

Wigdogger

Shinobi already confirmed that Scalebound will be there.

Did he say with gameplay? Fair enough. I mean, it is coming early next year, but you'd think they'd have more to show that would take the time (especially with Gamescom for early next year stuff). But we'll see. Either way, I hope the demo shows the "scale" more than last year's Gamescom.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Probably some apex announcements i guess for PC.

But isn't Lamborghini supposed to feature the cover car for the next Forza game?

Forza Motorsport: City Racing

If you look back at the news in March it leaves everything open. But having Forza Motorsport on the T doesn't make sense if it's Forza Horizon 3. Would be just Forza. And they have a special Forza event at E3. It's starting to look like Turn 10 is working on two games.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Fanfest shirts:

luKLTC0.jpg

Forza Motorsport, eh?

What is going on?

Is there going to be a new Forza Motorsport IP?

First the Forza Motorsport event at the Peterson museum and now this.

A Lamborghini is supposed to be the new cover car and they said it would be for the next Forza game. But now a Forza Motorsport Fan Fest shirt for E3 with a Lamborghini logo?

Could Forza Motorsport PGR be happening as a city street racer?

Maybe Horizon 3 won't be there at all?

willbsn13

What is going on?

Is there going to be a new Forza Motorsport IP?

First the Forza Motorsport event at the Peterson museum and now this.

A Lamborghini is supposed to be the new cover car and they said it would be for the next Forza game. But now a Forza Motorsport Fan Fest shirt for E3 with a Lamborghini logo?

Could Forza Motorsport PGR be happening as a city street racer?

Maybe Horizon 3 won't be there at all?

Very interesting.

I mean this could just be more Apex content (VR demo?) or a Forza 6 content expansion/update and that's why it's a Forza Motorsport t-shirt for the fanfest instead of a Horizon one. Don't they brand Horizon under the 'Forza Motorsport' franchise anyway?

Either way, FH3 or Forza PGR would be sick. I'm down for both.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Very interesting.

I mean this could just be more Apex content (VR demo?) or a Forza 6 content expansion/update and that's why it's a Forza Motorsport t-shirt for the fanfest instead of a Horizon one. Don't they brand Horizon under the 'Forza Motorsport' franchise anyway?

Either way, FH3 or Forza PGR would be sick. I'm down for both.

I've never seen them brand Horizon under Motorsport.

Tntnico

I'm so so so hyped for Sea of Thieves ! Can't wait to share pirates adventures with my friends ! I'm sure they will show a fun demo at E3 ! Bring it on Rare !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom