• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

FH3 is a given...guess again :)

There is no need for Project Gotham Racing since we have Horizon, so can't be that...

Open world Kart racer like Forza Horizon with Karts? LOL. Could be cool if it has a Splatoon like aesthetic.

Yeah. Imagine all the themed zones they could cram into a space like FH2. It wouldn't have to be a realistic setting, so they could go nuts.

Also have things from Sonic Racing Transformed like air/land/sea capabilities plus mods.

Shared world, too.

What does (design) and (build) entail?

Like they did with Forza Horizon 2. I assume Playground designed the whole game and Sumo built the 360 version.

Given how great the Sonic Racing games turned out I'd trust Sumo with some design, but Playground has proven they have skill when it comes to designing for open world.

jesu

Collaboration project between Playground (design) and Sumo (build) for an open-world Banjo kart racer.
Collaboration project between Eidos (design) and some other studio (build) to reboot Perfect Dark.
Mistwalker for Lost Odyssey 2

What does (design) and (build) entail?

klaus

hNrLAjc.jpg

This train needs passengers.
One more ticket, please.
CHOOO CHOOO!

I need crackdown 3 and sea of thieves beta dates immediately.
Yes please!

jelly

I imagine Capcom would want Dead Rising 4 multiplatform but maybe they are still going down that fund this game or it won't exist route.

I think Microsoft will definitely show a game then play it today! Could be a beta or something else.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Game Informer have posted their thoughts on what Microsoft will show at E3

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...itter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=2

Nothing earth shattering or speculation about what games they will show that hasn't been discussed on here, but they are going with MS revealing two consoles: the slim and Scorpio.

This makes no sense at all lol

Sure it does.

It's better for Microsoft to set the record straight about Scorpio as the rumors are already out there. Also it makes sense if it's a early 2017 release.

Leflus

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...itter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=2

Nothing earth shattering or speculation about what games they will show that hasn't been discussed on here, but they are going with MS revealing two consoles: the slim and Scorpio.

I still don't think we're going to see Halo 6. It feels too early to me.

Maybe a new Halo spinoff series or something.

Also... I'm not sure if I would bet on Rare being the developer of Battletoads if MS is rebooting the franchise. It would be really nice to see the studio make a new entry in one of its classic franchises again, though.

Linkified

Pretty big glaring error in the first paragraph:
"As we've seen with Dead Rising 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Scalebound, one of Microsoft's key strategies seems to be investing in third-party exclusive titles. Look for another big third-party developer to announce that it's working with Microsoft to release exclusively on Xbox One."

Scalebound is a first party game. i.e. published and funded by MS.

Alienfan

Pretty big glaring error in the first paragraph:
"As we've seen with Dead Rising 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Scalebound, one of Microsoft's key strategies seems to be investing in third-party exclusive titles. Look for another big third-party developer to announce that it's working with Microsoft to release exclusively on Xbox One."

Scalebound is a first party game. i.e. published and funded by MS.

I think they just mean third party developed / not developed in house

Chris1

If Scorpio's coming out in 2016 it makes sense. The Slim can be the lower pricepoint so they can advertise $250 or whatever that won't sell a shit load, while the Scorpio can be the main one at the higher price point.

And the Scorpio probably shares the same design as the Slim I'd imagine, so they might aswell shrink down the current xbox one and save some money on that while they're at it.

If Scorpio's due out 2017 then yes, that makes no sense.

daTRUballin

Also... I'm not sure if I would bet on Rare being the developer of Battletoads if MS is rebooting the franchise. It would be really nice to see the studio make a new entry in one of its classic franchises again, though.

Well, we've had an insider here on GAF who basically "confirmed" Rare are the ones who are making it. I don't know what other conclusion we can come to at this point, especially after these leaks as well. Everything seems to be aligning so far.

Leflus

Well, we've had an insider here on GAF who basically "confirmed" Rare are the ones who are making it. I don't know what other conclusion we can come to at this point, especially after these leaks as well. Everything seems to be aligning so far.
GAF insiders have been wrong before. Kampfheld, anyone?

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course. I'm just being cautious.

daTRUballin

Good point.

It's just hard for me to believe after so many years of Rare only working on one project at a time. :p

Now that Kinect is dead and isn't a priority for Rare anymore, it's not that surprising that Rare would start to work on multiple games at the same time. Let's hope they bring back their pre-Kinect level of production back. :p

Leflus

Now that Kinect is dead and isn't a priority for Rare anymore, it's not that surprising that Rare would start to work on multiple games at the same time. Let's hope they bring back their pre-Kinect level of production back. :p
If they really do have a team that's working on Battletoads it will open up so many possibilities for other revivals.

Not necessarily talking about Banjo-Kazooie either. They could look at games like RC Pro-Am and Blast Corps and give them new spins.

(Crackdown x Blast Corps needs to happen)

daTRUballin

If they really do have a team that's working on Battletoads it will open up so many possibilities for other revivals.

Not necessarily talking about Banjo-Kazooie either. They could look at games like RC Pro-Am and Blast Corps and give them new spins.

(Crackdown x Blast Corps needs to happen)

I wonder if it's the Rare Replay team that's working on it? Or was it already in development before RR was even announced? That's what I'm wondering about. I remember there were already hints towards Battletoads even before E3 2015. Didn't players have the option to wear Battletoads shirts in Kinect Sports Rivals? That game came out early 2014. I remember thinking that was suspicious even then.....

Leflus

I wonder if it's the Rare Replay team that's working on it? Or was it already in development before RR was even announced? That's what I'm wondering about. I remember there were already hints towards Battletoads even before E3 2015. Didn't players have the option to wear Battletoads shirts in Kinect Sports Rivals? That game came out early 2014. I remember thinking that was suspicious even then.....
It would be a good match for BT, but I'm pretty sure the Rare Replay team has been dissolved. Some of them are working on Sea of Thieves while some now work at other studios (Microsoft team in Redmond, Creative Assembly, Playtonic, Ubisoft Massive).

daTRUballin

It would be a good match for BT, but I'm pretty sure the Rare Replay team has been dissolved. Some of them are working on Sea of Thieves while some now work at other studios (Microsoft team in Redmond, Creative Assembly, Playtonic, Ubisoft Massive).

How do you know this exactly? Do you have inside sources or something? I'm just curious. :p

Sydle

Good point.

It's just hard for me to believe after so many years of Rare only working on one project at a time. :p

They worked on Sea of Thieves and Rare Replay at the same time.

I'm hoping they've become at least a two-team studio again. One working on new things and one working on existing IP.

Weird. It seems to me everyone at MS have tried to casually hint that SoT is Rare's only game. When something seems too good to be true...

So... Shinobi delivered a few interesting hints in this video

- Said that Rare is turning into a 'New IP factory'. Suggested that Rare are working on another new IP, beside Sea of Thieves (though didn't say whether that would be at this E3)

- Halo Wars is a lock for this year

- Capcom will announce an exclusive. Presumably/likely Dead Rising 4.

- Recore will be there

- Heavy first-party focus

I am ready to board the Train.

The great man himself.

bidguy

Banned

- Said that Rare is turning into a 'New IP factory'. Suggested that Rare are working on another new IP, beside Sea of Thieves (though didn't say whether that would be at this E3)

- Recore will be there

The great man himself.

cant wait for DR4 hope its more like 3

If Scorpio's coming out in 2016 it makes sense. The Slim can be the lower pricepoint so they can advertise $250 or whatever that won't sell a shit load, while the Scorpio can be the main one at the higher price point.

And the Scorpio probably shares the same design as the Slim I'd imagine, so they might aswell shrink down the current xbox one and save some money on that while they're at it.

If Scorpio's due out 2017 then yes, that makes no sense.

Thats the only way I can see all of this playing out as well.

- Recore will be there

The great man himself.

Re the bolded, as MS's main studios are housed for particular franchsies this must mean they have some new partnershipsd to unveil.

Exciting!

Leflus

- Said that Rare is turning into a 'New IP factory'. Suggested that Rare are working on another new IP, beside Sea of Thieves (though didn't say whether that would be at this E3).
So they're going back to their roots then? :)

I recently found this in one of their job ads:
"We're looking for someone with expertise in rigging creatures and characters who is passionate about story-based games"
https://www.rare.co.uk/careers/lead-technical-character-artist-may16

They're hiring an Art Director, Animation Director and Technical Art Director as well.

There's a chance it could be for Sea of Thieves, but maybe it is for their next new IP?

Re the bolded, as MS's main studios are housed for particular franchsies this must mean they have some new partnershipsd to unveil.

Exciting!

Unfortunately, it doesn't necessarily mean that. MS defines first-party as anything either by their internal studios, or that they own the IP to. Scalebound and Recore for example, are first-party in their eyes. Between SoT, Scalebound, HWars, Recore, Gears, Forza H, and Crackdown, I'd say that's a already a fairly heavy first-party focus.

It's probably less 'partnerships', and more 'a deal with a 3rd party studio'.

Capcom exclusive's almost a lock, and I believe Sakaguchi's new current-gen IP will be another of MS left-of-field announcements.

Chris1

That's a good place to put rare, but I fear they're only doing that because they don't know what to do with Rare, and when they hit their magic they'll be turned into a (insert game here) factory.

I'd love it if they continued to work on new IP's in addition to whatever they hit big (we'll say SOT) though. They could be like Naughty Dog, not as high quality but in terms of letting them do whatever they want essentially. Remedy also fits this bill but if all their games sell like QB I'm not sure how much MS will want to continue working with them (though I expect at least another game or two from them).

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

IIRC the Rare Replay team was like a dozen people. You don't build games with that, they will have been split up to work on the other projects instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom