• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The online zombie game is Class4 from Undead Labs guys. State of Decay, World of Decay, whatever they call it. We have known this since like 2012 :p

And please stop saying it's not going to be there just because Undead said they won't be there. They don't need to be there for MS to show a trailer. I'm expecting it to be a 2017 game anyways since only 2017 titles we know are Scalebound and Crackdown

CrazE

Banned
Next week at this time we will be inside and hearing all the news! I can't wait to check it all out. Should be a great time.

jbug617

Banned
So no surprises for Microsoft E3 left right?

Gears 4
Halo Wars 2 (Possible shown at PC Conference)
Forza (Horizon 3 is rumored)
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
XB1 Slim and maybe a teaser for Scorpio
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

That would be the "no surprises" show.

Liamc723

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

They're obviously going to have more than that.

CryptiK

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

That would make an incredible boring show.

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

state of decay in some form or some sort of spinoff will probably be there, just more online orientated

Microsoft's E3 press conference theme will be death: Dead Rising 4, State of Decay 2, Xbox One... *ducks*
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/739863008726372352
cheeky

But Microsoft is anyway my love for that game and Bastila will never die!

well i hope you get your wish someday lol

i dont think ea isn't too keen on remasters for that to ever happen

I think (unfortunately!) the biggest issue with getting a KOTOR remake/re-release (which I'd love) is the fact that extended universe isn't really part of the new Star Wars scope since Disney has taken on the IP.

I believe a lot of extended universe stuff has been nuked as non-canon (I think), so that'd be a big obstacle for that game to come back out. I mean, it is a remake/re-release, so there's a chance (much better chance than a brand new extended universe game) - but we should be a bit realistic here...

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

Surely there must be some new game announcements other than DR4 and Forza, it doesn't make sense to only show either games we already know about or ones that are expected/the typical franchises.

Bsigg12

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
State of Decay follow up
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

You're missing something new for Halo other than Halo Wars 2.

Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Cuphead
Below
Inside
(Probably) Titanfall 2/Madden/Fifa
New feature announcement, something on the scale of if not larger than BC

I think there a few other things as well, maybe a it's available now beta for either Sea of Thieves or Crackdown.

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

Sea of Thieves
Anniversary Update for Xbox OS
HoloLens
Cuphead/Below/Inside or other downloadable games
DLC for already released games like Quantum Break
New IP from somewhere

It's totally my choice to remain active while E3 is around the corner, but where along the lines do leaks usually occur? Friend of a dev? Disgruntled employee? Contract workers?
The BC from last year was a total surprise, but I imagine it was kept a secret since that was handled internally.

I want to be surprised, but GAF keeps calling.

Announcing a game can be a big complicated machine. Leaks can happen from a intern at the company producing the reveal trailer to someone transporting promotional material from the printshop to the publisher or a third place. The bigger the reveal is, the more people need to get involved.

Xbox BC had the benefit of being a software thing, so no physical things had to be made, which allows for a bit more control.

It's totally my choice to remain active while E3 is around the corner, but where along the lines do leaks usually occur? Friend of a dev? Disgruntled employee? Contract workers?
The BC from last year was a total surprise, but I imagine it was kept a secret since that was handled internally.

I want to be surprised, but GAF keeps calling.

Finally played the first DR in the lead up to the XB1 launch thinking I would get current with the series before 3 launched but I never got around to playing 2. I'll be a bit disappointed if the new game is a remake but if the announcement comes with the news DR2 and the XBLA games are now on BC I'd be satisfied.

If you follow KF, you shouldn't be surprised that their Xbox coverage is less than stellar. I don't blame them necessarily, they've been into the PS ecosystem for so long that it is likely that covering anything PS will come easier. It is just depressing to know the industry so well all around and watch a gaming podcast with hosts that are so far removed from 1/3rd (2/3rds if you count Nintendo, because Tim doesn't count) of the hardware manufacturers. Colin is so removed from Xbox gaming though and it shows, I like him most of the time, but he claims that Microsoft has shown "all of their games too early" this generation, as if Sony hasn't been showing their big games just as early before eventual release. He also talks about Halo Wars 2 being far off, which barring a delay isn't the case as it is still 2016 as far as I know. It also irks me that they spend basically 10 minutes of a 26 minutes podcast, that is supposed to be Xbox predictions, laying out their E3 coverage plans. Let's see how long they spend talking about Sony predictions *rolls eyes*.

Yeah I know they're more partial to what Sony offer but I thought they might have had a few scoops.

Thanks, you've just saved me from wasting time watching their video :)

Dead Rising 4 being a remake is interesting, DR1 was easily the best and I'm looking forward to more of it. I've got a bad feeling they're going to butcher the gameplay style of the original though, map design and the time mechanic is crucial.

JaggedSac

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Recore
Scalebound
3rd Party Demos (BF1)

4 of those were announced before this E3, how would they be considered surprises?

shingi70

Banned
If you follow KF, you shouldn't be surprised that their Xbox coverage is less than stellar. I don't blame them necessarily, they've been into the PS ecosystem for so long that it is likely that covering anything PS will come easier. It is just depressing to know the industry so well all around and watch a gaming podcast with hosts that are so far removed from 1/3rd (2/3rds if you count Nintendo, because Tim doesn't count) of the hardware manufacturers. Colin is so removed from Xbox gaming though and it shows, I like him most of the time, but he claims that Microsoft has shown "all of their games too early" this generation, as if Sony hasn't been showing their big games just as early before eventual release. He also talks about Halo Wars 2 being far off, which barring a delay isn't the case as it is still 2016 as far as I know. It also irks me that they spend basically 10 minutes of a 26 minutes podcast, that is supposed to be Xbox predictions, laying out their E3 coverage plans. Let's see how long they spend talking about Sony predictions *rolls eyes*.

I like kinda funny, but sometimes I feel that it's weird that I know more about what's going in the industry than some of the guys who are paid too and I only really keep up though gaf.

That goes to the point about the E3 of dreams everyone created themselves over last year. None of those games are close to release at that point and it seems no one cares, yet will jump all over say Record for being delayed.

Didn't Phil Spencer said that there will be a new big OS feature this E3 like BC last year?

They only are releasing part of the update today (as they mentioned) - I'm sure there's a lot more of the Anniversary update (e.g. background music, more BC games, etc., and other unannounced features) that's being held off for E3 announcements.

Didn't Phil Spencer said that there will be a new big OS feature this E3 like BC last year?

Mike Ybarra said they had a couple of platform innovations' / features that they were excited about that could be as big as BC.

But to temper excitement these things were still in development and could be a while away, that's if they release at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom