• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Way more hyped for State of Decay 2 than DR4.

Also, it would be cool if we could play W10 games on the Xbox similar to OnLive.

Santar

Uergh, please let State of Decay 2 be playable offline too!
I'm not a fan of this games as online services trend, we never own our games anymore.
When the publisher decides it's time to shut down the servers your game is magically gone.

Linkified

Because there is no Surprise announcement its all known shit the only surprise there is Dead Rising and that was ruined.

So? By not knowing if their would be surprise game announcement it will be boring. Even though a surprise announcement would be a surprise and not be known about as it would be a surprise....

Strootman

So? By not knowing if their would be surprise game announcement it will be boring. Even though a surprise announcement would be a surprise and not be known about as it would be a surprise....
RDR 2 exclusive on xbox one leaked before E3.

"Meh, the conference will be boring because there are no surprise and we already know about RDR 2"

Someone had to. If it's not me then someone who means it seriously!

I'm the brave warrior. The hero this page doesn't want but needs.

752194_ben-stiller-zoolander-103-owen-wilson-look-at-hansels-perfect-hair-though-of-course-hes-too-cool-for-school.gif

;)

Even if every surprise was known, I would still be looking forward to E3 for gameplay videos, conferences, and impressions.

The only thing that would really turn me off this year is an overload of CG cinematics. A few CG trailers here and there? Fine. But not like last year.

Actual game play or bust.

Zeta Oni

Even if there is no new IP or other surprises, (which I hope isn't true) this E3 is looking crazy.

-Sea of Thieves
-Battletoads
-Dead Rising 4
-Halo Wars 2
-Possible new Halo/Halo 5 DLC
-Scalebound
-ReCore
-Forza Horizon 3
-Gears of War 4
-Possible new Forza spin off
-Cuphead
-New KI characters
-State of Decay 2
-Age of Empires V
-Anniversary update
-BC title dump
-New Hardware (Console/Controllers)

That's an amazing E3 imo, even without including a single third party game.

SOR5

Even if there is no new IP or other surprises, (which I hope isn't true) this E3 is looking crazy.

-Sea of Thieves
-Battletoads
-Dead Rising 4
-Halo Wars 2
-Possible new Halo/Halo 5 DLC
-Scalebound
-ReCore
-Forza Horizon 3
-Gears of War 4
-Possible new Forza spin off
-Cuphead
-New KI characters
-State of Decay 2
-Age of Empires V
-Anniversary update
-BC title dump
-New Hardware (Console/Controllers)

That's an amazing E3 imo, even without including a single third party game.

It just feels like, theres a little somethin' missing
Ransom Thrust? Handsome Lust? What was it called again?

SOR5

Lmao. We can rule out a Blinx reboot by Rare, at least. :p

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/739874260185845761

hahaha this and Brute Force are never happening, I wrote about this in other topic

I think this interview with Phil Spencer is a bit notable in regards to Original Xbox emulation and their older IP's
360 Backwards compatibility was started in early 2014, team came back in December 2014 with a rough but very operational version of PDZ working on XB1
Original Xbox emulation "should be easier" due to x86 architecture being shared
Believed multi-disc 360 emulation would work soon (and he was right, very notable the team was doing this in reference to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon)
Talks to Jordan Weissmann, interested in bringing back Mechassault and Mechcommander as a inter-connected experience that takes the strength of different platforms
Would bring back Voodoo Vince under it's original name "Vince: The Voodoo Doll" due to sentimental value
Feels an obligation to resurrect Phantom Dust reboot, believes it was influential, will only give it to developer who really understands IP ala Double Helix/Iron Galaxy and KI, has some of the original Phantom Dust team willing to work on it (Futatsugi?)
Top Spin and Amped IP's arent theirs, no sequel possible without their permission, joked he might just buy them back
Would bring back Crimson Skies, another Jordan Weissmann connection
Stated they want to do Battletoads (twice! I dont think we even need a reminder of all the Battletoads hints)
Phil seems to dislike Blinx The Time Sweeper (and Malice, and Sneakers)
Doesn't want to resurrect Brute Force (I believe he stated this was due to genre oversaturation in a different interview)
Rare 'might' revisit Conker, Gregg Mayles and co. very passionate about Sea of Thieves for the time being (hope to god their input on the Young Conker demo was minimal)

Everytime Blinx gets brought up, he doesnt want to touch it

Zedox

So let's assume MS announces Scalebound, Gears, and Crackdown for W10. That would mean from the beginning of the year to "Scalebound release", of the known games we would have:

•Gears of War 4
•Quantum Break
•Halo Wars 2
•Crackdown 3
•ReCore
•Sea of Thieves
•Killer Instinct: Season 3
•Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
•Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
•Dead Rising 4
•Cuphead

That would be 11 games coming to the Windows Store from MS. And we don't know which ones would be cross-buy (I would presume the ones that haven't been released are going to be cross-buy...besides Cuphead). I guess MS is being serious about PC gaming (obviously assuming all of this is true).

And we also have Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Halo 5: Forge. I wonder what other games are going to be announced that will be on both platforms.

Is it safe to assume every MS published PC game will be a W10 exclusive?

edit: looks like I'm not eligible for the W10 upgrade. Oh well, I can wait a few years.

Zedox

Is it safe to assume every MS published PC game will be a W10 exclusive? Where is my notification to upgrade to 10?

I think this E3 will show you how much they are gonna have games on both device types. I'm assuming that they will do such a move. Plus that's what Project-Helix is about. Also a MS exec from computex talked about them bringing games to both xbox and pc.

Strootman

So let's assume MS announces Scalebound, Gears, and Crackdown for W10. That would mean from the beginning of the year to "Scalebound release", of the known games we would have:

•Gears of War 4
•Quantum Break
•Halo Wars 2
•Crackdown 3
•ReCore
•Sea of Thieves
•Dead Rising 4
•Cuphead

That would be 11 games coming to the Windows Store from MS. And we don't know which ones would be cross-buy (I would presume the ones that haven't been released are going to be cross-buy...besides Cuphead). I guess MS is being serious about PC gaming (obviously assuming all of this is true).

And we also have Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Halo 5: Forge. I wonder what other games are going to be announced that will be on both platforms.
Forza horizon 3

Sydle

•Gears of War 4
•Quantum Break
•Halo Wars 2
•Crackdown 3
•ReCore
•Sea of Thieves
•Dead Rising 4
•Cuphead

Forza Horizon 3 for sure. I'd be surprised if the new State of Decay game was Xbone only.

Edit: Add Sunset Overdrive since Dragon Punch said it was coming to W10.

Xav said Battletoads is coming and he confirmed Rare was making a pirate game ages before SoT was revealed, so probably that too.

Montresor

Forza Horizon 3 for sure. I'd be surprised if the new State of Decay game was Xbone only.

Edit: Add Sunset Overdrive since Dragon Punch said it was coming to W10.

Xav said Battletoads is coming and he confirmed Rare was making a pirate game ages before it was revealed, so probably that too.

Does it make me petty that I think it would be an utter waste for the Xbox conference to spend time hyping up a Sunset Overdrive port to Win10 / PC? There's nothing wrong with the game coming out to PC - the more people that get to enjoy it, the better.

But it does nothing for me as an XB1 owner to talk about a PC port for a 2014 game (my 2014 goty) on an Xbox conference. Hopefully they mention Sunset Overdrive 2...

Leflus

Does it make me petty that I think it would be an utter waste for the Xbox conference to spend time hyping up a Sunset Overdrive port to Win10 / PC? There's nothing wrong with the game coming out to PC - the more people that get to enjoy it, the better.

But it does nothing for me as an XB1 owner. Hopefully they mention Sunset Overdrive 2...
The SSO port could be announced at the PC conference.

blakep267

It just feels like, theres a little somethin' missing
Ransom Thrust? Handsome Lust? What was it called again?
I still think it's coming. Like they were pretty upfront about cancelling Fable Legends so when they say it's shelved until the right team is found, I feel inclined to believe it more if they hadn't outright cancelled games after it

Zedox

Confirmed/Released
•Quantum Break
•Halo Wars 2
•ReCore
•Sea of Thieves
•Rise of the Tomb Raider
•Cuphead

Awaiting E3 Confirmation
•Gears of War 4
•Crackdown 3
•Scalebound
•Dead Rising 4
•Forza Horizon 3
•State of Decay 2
•Battletoads
•Sunset Overdrive

(Would have had 2 more if Motiga worked correctly and if Fable Legends was alive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom