• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Would love to see a ScaleBound beta during E3 but I think its still a way off. Really want to see the scale of this game and where they see it going.

SOR5

So, what games, if any, are we thinking will have a 'Beta available now!' moment? Really keen to sink myself into something new.

We cant dodge this megaton any longer

ZBDK4fV.gif

blakep267

Would love to see a ScaleBound beta during E3 but I think its still a way off. Really want to see the scale of this game and where they see it going.
I don't think it's a ways off. If it's a March 2017 release that's 9 months from now and around 20 months since it was last shown in August 2015. So depending on what's shown on Monday it could look a lot more polished. The frame rate was better when they had a stream of it at I wanna say TGS or something like that

FordGTGuy

Banned
Nothing? Please. I'm not gonna derail this thread anymore with Phone talk but nothing is bullshit. Launching 950 same price as iPhones without apps and a beta OS was and still insane. But nope, keep believing that MS did their best.

And Zune. Yes, the same Zune that everyone still hold dearly to this day because it was yet another fantastic product killed because dear MS did the best they could.

For your own sake, you better hope Satya doesn't wake up one day and pull a Win Phone on Xbox.

None of what you mentioned was either possible or would have helped.

950 could have been cheap but it wouldn't have sold because the lack of apps.

There is nothing Microsoft could ever do to match iOS or Android apps let alone even kind of compete.

WM10 runs fine on my 1520 and better on 950s but still, even if the OS was perfect it wouldn't have competed without the apps and see above for that one.

Satya is not going to "pull a windows phone" on the Xbox. Xbox isn't just a console anymore anyway, it's a gaming platform across all of their Windows 10 devices.

Just because Windows Phone is doomed, and was doomed the moment they even entered the market. does not mean Xbox is doomed or has no future.

BTW, no it's not bullshit to say there was nothing they could do to save Windows Phone... there was nothing they could do. No amount of money is going to make a ecosystem that matches iOS and Android and without that ecosystem you aren't going anywhere.

Zune didn't die because of Microsoft, Zune died because the market it existed in collapsed when the smartphone market took over; this is ignoring that the Zune was late to the market and never made huge progress in the market either.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wonder if they will try to get mods working for Minecraft on Xbox after seeing how successful Fallout 4 mods were.

Hexer06

Hey FordGT, I'm new here and was wondering if I could board the Hype-finity :D. I'm looking forward to Phantom Dust rising from the dormant rest it's been in for way too long :p. (In my dreams). As for realistic expectations, Forza Horizon 3 is my most hyped, and Dead Rising 4 should be awesome :D.

pitchfork

Hmmm..

Noticed Mike Ybarra posted a couple of Screenshots from 'League of Legends' on his Xbox activity feed earlier

Possible tease?

RoKKeR

So based on the news today, I'll revise my predictions for E3 to simply "Phil Spencer walks on stage and cancels Xbox."

/s

I wonder if Steam will be a part of their plan for the PC, it seems they are pretty committed to the Win10 store.

So based on the news today, I'll revise my predictions for E3 to simply "Phil Spencer walks on stage and cancels Xbox."

/s

I wonder if Steam will be a part of their plan for the PC, it seems they are pretty committed to the Win10 store.

If things are truly failing with them on the store front, I can see it happening within the next year. If they are seeing good results then forget about it.

Luckily UWA/UWP's can be released on any platform....dunno if that matters really.

Just a few more days

So close, so damn close

ezgif-3417914390.gif

LMAO.

kevin1025

Banned
I've been kind of sleeping on Xbox excitement this year, but having read over the thread now, I'm ultra excited. My Xbox One is more of a media machine for me, but every now and then, especially the fall, it becomes an awesome place for games. If all of these leaks and rumors are true, I can't wait for Monday!

Sea of Thieves, Gears 4 and possibly Dead Rising? Yes, please.

Zedox

In other news (which was funny seeing in this thread)

Halo 5 is not coming to PC

PCGamer said:
Update: We reached out to a Microsoft spokesperson, who denied that Halo 5 will ever come to PC. "Our approach is to deliver epic Halo experiences designed for PC gamers and Windows 10, such as Halo Wars 2 and the recently announced Halo 5: Forge. There are no plans to port Halo 5: Guardians to PC.” 

Stinkles - 1
Enter The Dragon Punch - 0
------------------------------------

If I missed this article earlier in the thread, my bad.

Zedox

Now they could always support a Halo 5 within halo mcc which can be released on PC. ;)

I know they would say that...but I'm just saying.

Too much of a megaton to tell a gaming website its coming to pc.

Rather it be announced via halowaypoint/xboxnews or a big event with up to the millions watching or paying attention to.

But i dont think itll come to pc though. Halo 6, yeah.

Zedox

Too much of a megaton to tell a gaming website its coming to pc.

Rather it be announced via halowaypoint/xboxnews or a big event with up to the millions watching or paying attention to.

But i dont think itll come to pc though. Halo 6, yeah.

Yea, I don't think it will either until Halo 6. No sweat. Anyways. ReCoreeeeeeeee

Can't wait to see the campaign footage from Gears 4 and in general just can't wait to be sitting on my couch then and hear the words "Please welcome so and so.." That's the feeing of E3 starting. You're watching the stream and you see the crowd busting, things start to quiet down, then all of a sudden the lights fade music plays and the announcer says "Please welcome _____ to the stage." Then if it's Phil, he'll say we have a LOT of great things to show you guys tonight, and I'm proud of what the Xbox team has created for you all. That moment is when I get a big smile on my face, sit back relax and just have an amazing feeling of excitement and anxiousness of the next announcement one after another!

Can't wait to see the campaign footage from Gears 4 and in general just can't wait to be sitting on my couch then and hear the words "Please welcome so and so.." That's the feeing of E3 starting. You're watching the stream and you see the crowd busting, things start to quiet down, then all of a sudden the lights fade music plays and the announcer says "Please welcome _____ to the stage." Then if it's Phil, he'll say we have a LOT of great things to show you guys tonight, and I'm proud of what the Xbox team has created for you all. That moment is when I get a big smile on my face, sit back relax and just have an amazing feeling of excitement and anxiousness of the next announcement one after another!

Agreed, hoping for a Gears 4 blowout at E3, I want Roddy to go all in; single player, multiplayer, all of it. Its got to be the opener or closer since it's Gears. I originally pinned Battlefield 1 being MS's opener but the more I think about it the more I doubt it, it all depend on how much EA shows off at their event and given it's reception it'll likely be substantial. Regardless, I do know I am excited.

Just a few more days

So close, so damn close

ezgif-3417914390.gif

Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom