• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
in an attempt to stop the bitching here in this topic i try to talk about Microsofts E3 Conference now

please make some time for exciting services and feature announcements
because i don't care that much for games

2015 was BC
2016 was Play anywhere and all that stuff
i need the holy trifecta

they already launched Gamepass so i hope that have other even better stuff for the future

I'm sure a year or two without Forza and something else instead wouldn't upset people too much surely? . PGR would be a welcome return considering how long it's been since one, playground games could do a super job with that IP.

Wasted opportunity cost. There's no evidence of Forza fatigue, and significantly more so with the Horizon-side of things, where FH3 is clearly the best performing FH game to date.

It makes more sense to transition Motorsport & Horizon into 3-year dev cycle games, and introduce a 3rd Forza pillar which is more PGR-like/city-racing based.

Wasted opportunity cost. There's no evidence of Forza fatigue, and significantly more so with the Horizon-side of things, where FH3 is clearly the best performing FH game to date.

It makes more sense to transition Motorsport & Horizon into 3-year dev cycle games, and introduce a 3rd Forza pillar which is more PGR-like/city-racing based.

This what I said dude

"I feel the release of these games could get stagnant in the future"

I didn't say there was Forza fatigue at present , I said there could be in the future. If you release these games in such short time frames, surely there's potential of that happening?

in an attempt to stop the bitching here in this topic i try to talk about Microsofts E3 Conference now

please make some time for exciting services and feature announcements
because i don't care that much for games

2015 was BC
2016 was Play anywhere and all that stuff
i need the holy trifecta

they already launched Gamepass so i hope that have other even better stuff for the future
Am I being trolled right now?

WEll you tend to be a bit of a buzz killington when people want to just theorize about goofy stuff

He was right when he said he wasn't informed of any CPU upgrades when making games for Xbox.

Be realistic or else come away disappointed. He is doing you guys a favor as opposed to someone like Hansampel completely disregarding what Lisa was saying about Zen Apu was 2018+ and hyping you up over nothing.

Am I being trolled right now?

no. games are just not my! priority. especially not for a E3 conference
i don't have time for all those games anyway.
I don't play that much anymore, but when i do i want the best place to play
and i'm also the "new type" of gamer, that is heavily invested in just a very few titels
talking of that, i would love to see new Path of Exile gameplay and a launch date, lol

i'm a sucker for new tech and modern services plus products, tho

Hawk269

What if PG games made a remake of PGR?

<3

I have been saying that for a few years. I think PG are best equipped to make it. They have done wonders with open world racing games, giving them a circuit based racer would be amazing.

I would not mind a 3 year cycle for 3 racing games...Forza Motorsport, PGR, Forza Horizon etc....then after 2 cycles, they make Forza World, where you get a little bit of everything, open world racing, circuit based sim racing and PGR style city races.

Shadowrun was way ahead of its time. Microsoft sent it out to die. Sorely underrated and appreciated game. Would love to see a sequel but I have very little faith it will ever happen.

In a world where it's extremely unlikely that Halo MP doesn't come without a $60 price tag anytime soon, releasing a F2P Shadowrun would be very cool. Hell, they could even retool the 360 game with monetization/content hooks and release that.

blakep267

He was right when he said he wasn't informed of any CPU upgrades when making games for Xbox.

Be realistic or else come away disappointed. He is doing you guys a favor as opposed to someone like Hansampel completely disregarding what Lisa was saying about Zen Apu was 2018+ and hyping you up over nothing.
I never said he was wrong about anything and I don't have any expectations that MS is doing to do super amazing things. I just find it silly when you see somebody maybe half joking about something and you feel the need to correct them. There are a bunch of silly useless threads here on gaf. We don't need spoil sport police

Matt

I never said he was wrong about anything and I don't have any expectations that MS is doing to do super amazing things. I just find it silly when you see somebody maybe half joking about something and you feel the need to correct them. There are a bunch of silly useless threads here on gaf. We don't need spoil sport police
When did this happen?

Hexer06

I wonder if Code Mystics asking about other OG Xbox games to do, means anything. I wanna believe OG Xbox BC will be announced at E3, but I feel that's too good to be true.

Also, that rumor that Battlefront 2 is Native 4k, 60fps would be pretty nice if true. I imagine that game is gonna look pretty dam good, especially in HDR. :D

Man, honestly, the more I read of Xbox fans in this thread spouting the stuff they do, attacking people who are trying to keep expectations realistic for them, even trying to steer the conversation into solid directions, the more I realize that the diehard Xbox fanbase here on GAF is easily some of the most delusional, hateful, willfully ignorant fandom i've ever seen.

I'm confused by the animosity towards Matt. From what I have seen, his posts have been pretty level headed and grounded. There are a lot of posters who troll and shitpost in almost every Xbox thread, but he's certainly not one of them. I think my console preference is pretty clear, but I also think it's great to criticize some of the decisions MS makes. It just becomes hard when you have diehards from both sides going at it. Like, I think MS's first party lineup is pretty solid (Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, ReCore DE, etc.) but I can still be disappointed in them for canceling Scalebound, or for stacking all their releases in the fall. There's a lot of critical discussions to be had, unfortunately, it can easily get caught up in console wars (which to be fair, I've probably engaged with more than I should...).

I will say that I do think people on both sides of "the console wars" put too much stock into insiders. That's not a knock against them; I love hearing their perspective on the industry, it's just that one person can't speak for an entire industry or company. Again, that's not a bad thing, and it should go without saying - it's just something to keep in mind.

But wow, I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make any more. Back on topic, how many shirts will Phil Spencer have for the show? 3? 7? 12? 99? It's the question I'm dying to get an answer too.

Nutter

Man, honestly, the more I read of Xbox fans in this thread spouting the stuff they do, attacking people who are trying to keep expectations realistic for them, even trying to steer the conversation into solid directions, the more I realize that the diehard Xbox fanbase here on GAF is easily some of the most delusional, hateful, willfully ignorant fandom i've ever seen.

Not saying keeping expectations in check is wrong, but maybe you guys should try some of that in non MS threads? I mean if Xbox fans end up being disappointed in any fashion due to their own inflated hype, how the in the world does that end up hurting you?

Not saying keeping expectations in check is wrong, but maybe you guys should try some of that in non MS threads? I mean if Xbox fans end up being disappointed in any fashion due to their own inflated hype, how the in the world does that end up hurting you?

It's been super boring to speculate and discuss stuff regarding Sony stuff recently when all expectations are pretty boring and by-the-books. Basically people are expecting Sucker Punch, a FROM Soft game, PSVR announcements from their PSVR teams (Manchester, etc) and that's about it.

The plus and minus of Sony E3 is the fact that we do have a relatively clear picture what their 2018+ lineup would look like in terms of big hitters, whereas for Xbox... while it is rather clear as well ( Halo 6, FH4, Gears 5, FM8 are undoubtedly 50-60% of Xbox's AAA lineup over the next 2 years), that 40% balance is interesting to look forward to.

Matt

I do, and it doesn't, but this is an industry discussion board. There are no "overly enthusiastic fans only" zones.

Except maybe in Community.

blakep267

I usually ignore you but I had a feeling you were posting about me. No need to respond to me anymore

I have no idea where you got delusional, hateful, willfully ignorant from what I posted.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
What if PG games made a remake of PGR?

<3

cYanmPn.gif

But seriously, FH isn't an adequate replacement for PGR. I'm happy for it to sit under the Forza branding.

jmartoine

Sucks what happened to Bizarre Creations after the Activision buyout, shame that Microsoft didn't step in and save the day. While I enjoy the Forza games I would have liked to see the PGR series continue.

Lol, come on man. It's E3. Who are you trying to kid with this fake concern for Proper Xbox-related Discussion?
E3 will come and the truth will be revealed. Absolutely nothing is lost by a little overzealus speculation and overhyping beforehand.

According to an article from a site that has no reputable things for anyone to believe them. Ya not buying it

Yeah that's definitely true man. Well good thing we're going to find out what this is soon enough now. Definitely keeping any hype in check though.

Especially after what Matt said in the other thread. He's someone in the know about things isn't he? When he says he's not seeing much change at all when it comes to improving first party input, that doesn't sound good. Of course it takes time but it's not like they haven't had a lot of time. Then again in Phil Spencer's first years a lot of good has happened to Xbox as a system and service, less good things for actual new games and they definitely are starting over with that again, if we are to believe them that is. Time will tell.

Salty Hippo

I was thinking here, if MS does have a weak/thin show like many expect them to, is it better or worse for them that they will have over 24h to sit on it?

Especially after what Matt said in the other thread. He's someone in the know about things isn't he? When he says he's not seeing much change at all when it comes to improving first party input, that doesn't sound good.

Link?

I was thinking here, if MS does have a weak/thin show like many expect them to, is it better or worse for them that they will have over 24h to sit on it?

Link?

Scorpio thread

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=238870728

As for new MS IP, I am unhappy with MS's lack of commitment to a strong and deep first party lineup, and I have no reason now to think that is changing. If it does change however, I would be nothing but ecstatic.

wapplew

I mean if Xbox fans end up being disappointed in any fashion due to their own inflated hype, how the in the world does that end up hurting you?

What are you talking about, fans already satisfy before the conference even start.
Show Sea of thieves, crack down, Stage of Decay 2, Forza 7, A+ conference; tease Ori 2, Halo 6, E3 of dreams.
Scorpio price $499, shut up and take my money; Scorpio price $399, megaton.
Really, anything more is gravy at this point.

What are you talking about, fans already satisfy before the conference even start.
Show Sea of thieves, crack down, Stage of Decay 2, Forza 7, A+ conference; tease Ori 2, Halo 6, E3 of dreams.
Scorpio price $499, shut up and take my money; Scorpio price $399, megaton.
Really, anything more is gravy at this point.

Really doesn't even sound like a bad show at all but it does sound like a expected one, which no matter how you see it is a bummer. Because going in a Sony show you just know they will throw a few surprises. OK it's true though that they tend to reveal games and yet here we are several years later still waiting for em. Both actually do that though.

But again, who's to say that there won't at least be one announcement similar to the BC announcement?

blakep267

I Don't agree. Regardless of the games they show, scorpio is going to get a ton of buzz. As it did last year. Better to let that stew for 24h

gamz

I Don't agree. Regardless of the games they show, scorpio is going to get a ton of buzz. As it did last year. Better to let that stew for 24h

Yeah, and with the Xbox One S. They basically dominate the news since the announcement up until now.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I do, and it doesn't, but this is an industry discussion board. There are no "overly enthusiastic fans only" zones.

Except maybe in Community.

I am totally with you in general. However you make it seem like this is your first E3. E3 is about hype. It's not the time to warn people of their expectations, speculating is half the fun. Did somebody tell you specifically there won't be an update to the CPU? Because if not you really don't know, do you? I mean you could just as easily say that there will be a CPU downgrade because nobody told you otherwise. So let them have some fun hyping up the biggest event in the industry and, yeah, don't kill their hype. The conference is there for that.

Eh, we shall see.

A part of me still feels that Scorpio, while it will enjoy a better buzz than Pro; is still going to be weighed down by the eventual reality that is is a complementary product to the XB1 once we actually see the product for real in retail and in consumer hands.

One of the misleading narrative for Scorpio is the notion that "MS has got to show games for it", because that is the logic of a new hardware release. But the reality is with or without Scorpio, MS has to show games anyway because it's their job as a platform holder & publisher to continuously publish/release games to make their platform appealing.

It's why the one single thing I'm most curious and excited about Scorpio isn't the specs or the price, but the name.

Whether or not Scorpio will keep the "Xbox One" brand.

I personally belief it will still be an "Xbox One" named product for marketing, simplicity, continuity and ease of transition reasons. But we shall see.

They basically dominate the news since the announcement up until now.

Whut?

You don't think Scorpio has? Look at the endless threads on here. It's been the talk and buzz all year.

I hesitate to use GAF as a metrics center, but that wasn't the point that raised my eyebrow.

It was the XB1S line. Nothing about the XB1S has been notably exceptional in terms of heightened product awareness and buzz post-launch. At least past the first 3 months.

gamz

I hesitate to use GAF as a metrics center, but that wasn't the point that raised my eyebrow.

It was the XB1S line.

You don't think that was a big splash last E3. The look of it and including 4K player. I think it got huge buzz last year. It was a rebirth of the Xbox and going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom