• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 survey mentions Nintendo SNES Classic Edition

A Microsoft survey for Xbox Live Reward members has mentioned Nintendo's unannounced SNES Classic Edition microconsole.

Nintendo has so far said nothing about a follow-up to last year's smash-hit miniature NES, but Eurogamer sources have heard that the SNES Mini is indeed being planned for launch - as soon as this Christmas.

In a question that asks about the E3 announcements Xbox fans are most looking forward to, Microsoft listed the SNES Mini alongside its own Xbox Project Scorpio, plus reveals for the PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-01-xbox-e3-survey-mentions-nintendo-snes-classic-edition

*wellthereitisgif* and also confirmation of the eurogamer rumours people were doubting previously.

E3 announcement?

Patryn

I imagine they know just as much as we do, and it was never a surprise anyway.

Exactly. I highly doubt Nintendo is going around to competitors and letting them in on secrets, for a multitude of reasons.

It's a just a marketing person who knows the current rumors and threw a credible one in there.

oti

Banned
This means nothing. I remember seeing PS5 on some of those surveys a couple of years ago.

Podge293

I'd say there's a solid chance it's that MS looked up what was trending in the console space and added it in

Not that I doubt it exists. Not even Nintendo are that stupid
I hope

Platy

Christmas time is the perfect time for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep doing it yearly up to the GameCube

September.
Enough time to relit the fire of Nintendo love inside of people so they see that the Switch has more SNES games so they buy one in Christmas

Indelible

It is still hard to believe they will release a SNES mini when they could just put those games on virtual console.

wildfire

Banned
This means nothing. Microsoft doesn't know what Nintendo is doing.

That's not automatically a given. IF the 2 companies were from the same country it's not unreasonable to believe there is insider information sharing. That's not the case and it would be risky to hint having insider knowledge because of NDAs but it's generally speaking possible.

Top Bottom