• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Series 2 Core announced for $129.99

Draugoth

Gold Member

With the launch of the original Xbox Elite controller in 2015, we wanted to give gamers a new way to play at their full potential. We developed a premium gaming controller that offered unparalleled levels of customization to allow you to play with a specific setup that works best for you.
Today we are excited to build on that legacy with the announcement of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 – Core in white. It's designed to meet the core needs of today's competitive gamers, putting exceptional performance, customization, and durability where it matters most — in your hands. We are giving fans more choice than ever before with two Elite controllers to meet your needs:
  • The new Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 – Core in white at $129.99 USD MSRP includes the essential components you need to unleash your best game. Experience adjustable-tension thumbsticks, wrap-around rubberized grip, and shorter hair trigger locks. Enjoy limitless customization with exclusive button mapping options in the Xbox Accessories app. Stay in the game with up to 40 hours of rechargeable battery life1 and refined components that are built to last.
  • The current Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in black at $179.99 USD MSRP includes all the Elite Core features plus it comes with premium interchangeable components to fit your preferred gaming style, including different thumbsticks, D-pad, and paddle shapes. The carrying, case allows you to keep the controller and components secure and organized. Charge the controller either inside or outside the carrying case with the included braided USB-C cable and charging dock.
Complete Component Pack Image

Since Xbox Design Lab debuted in 2016, the number one fan request has been to include Elite controllers in our unique customization program to empower further personalization of that premium experience. Today we're announcing that coming this holiday, you will be able to do just that when we bring Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Xbox Design Lab! We're excited to bring more choices to gamers around the world and can't wait to see how fans reimagine what it is to be Elite.

Add even more customization to the Elite Series 2 – Core or replace components on other Elite Series 2 models with the Complete Component Pack for $59.99 USD MSRP. Tailor the controller to your preferred gaming style with interchangeable thumbsticks, paddle shapes, and D-pad. Includes carrying case, charging dock, and USB-C cable.

Xbox Elite SKU Choice Image

We've heard players loud and clear and have continued to improve Elite Series 2 controllers to be more reliable than ever before with refined components that are built to last. For added peace of mind, Elite Series 2 controllers come with Microsoft's 1-year limited warranty2. The best part is that Elite Series 2 controllers are designed to be fully customizable, so you can play with a specific setup that works best for you.

The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 – Core in white and the Complete Component Pack are available for pre-order today in select Xbox markets worldwide for $129.99 USD MSRP and $59.99 USD MSRP, respectively. Visit Xbox.com or your local retailer, including Microsoft Store, for more information.

To celebrate the newest member of the Xbox Elite family, the Xbox Gear Shop is excited to announce the new Xbox Elite Jersey. This premium gaming jersey includes both styling and technical features, including a zippered sleeve pocket and magnetic chest strip to keep your Elite components ready for action. The Xbox Elite Jersey is available for purchase today from the Xbox Gear Shop for $99.99 USD MSRP.

1 Battery life varies with usage and other factors.
2 Microsoft's Limited Warranty is in addition to your consumer law rights.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware you could even buy those things separately. Removing those doesn't really make it an "pro" controller, but the names makes more sense now being called "core".

Good, now Sony has a reason to price the Dualsense Edge lower
Methinks they recognize Sony is likely going to undercut them, so they're trying to preempt it with this slimmed down offering. Makes some sense if you believe Edge & Series Pro are in the same market segment, but it really only applies to PC users. You can't buy one or the other and use it with a console of your choosing, so it's still proprietary and you're stuck paying whatever the console-manufacturer dictates.

CeeJay

hmm, not sure what to think about this...

+ Looks nice
+ Cheaper price

- Series 2 based on previous gen design
- No accessories

Is this aimed at people who already have the accessories but have a bust controller? Without the paddles and different sticks it's taking away a lot of the reasons to buy an Elite in the first place. No doubt you can buy those as after market purchases but then they will be priced really high and will bring the total cost upto and probably over the cost of buying the full Elite controller to start with.

If they ever release a v3 Elite, they should let you be able to reuse your paddles from the V2 and allow you to buy a cheaper v3 core

Dutchy

So my Elite v2 has been acting up lately. But I'm completely dependent on paddles right now. I'm assuming that I can use the components on the core? Cause that would make it a great deal for me.

Kilau

Gold Member
I noticed yesterday the Elite 2 was on sale at $155. Was hoping it meant a 3 was going to be announced.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Hmm. Ok. Should have come with 2 back paddles, however you can get branded aftermarket ones for dirt cheap. I like the look a lot. Wonder what the UK price is.

£114. Ok. Much better than the regular Elite price. Much better.

Last edited:
Hey everyone did you know that Playstation has an elite controller as well?
PLAYSTATION ALSO HAS A ELITE CONTROLLER!
STOP READING ABOUT XBOX!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
hmm, not sure what to think about this...

+ Looks nice
+ Cheaper price

- Series 2 based on previous gen design
- No accessories

Is this aimed at people who already have the accessories but have a bust controller? Without the paddles and different sticks it's taking away a lot of the reasons to buy an Elite in the first place. No doubt you can buy those as after market purchases but then they will be priced really high and will bring the total cost upto and probably over the cost of buying the full Elite controller to start with.

Yeah, I have all the accessorys twice over but a dodgy RB button. If this is confirmed to be fixed im picking this up no brainer!

Poppyseed

Problem is the Elite Series 2 is incredibly unreliable, with dodgy triggers, face buttons etc etc. I went through three of them before just throwing in the towel, and I’m not even a heavy user. Unless this new Core model has updated hardware, I’m still staying away. It’s a shame since I love the feel of the Elite controllers.

CeeJay

Yeah, I have all the accessorys twice over but a dodgy RB button. If this is confirmed to be fixed im picking this up no brainer!
I suspect not, if it was a redesign of any kind it would have the share button from the Series console controllers. I am more than happy to be proved wrong though... I hope I am wrong in fact.

I'll pick one up too if they have sorted it. Do Series 1 accessories fit a Series 2 Elite? After mine bust I swore not to buy one again until QC was improved, hence why I haven't bought one since.

jaysius

Banned
How the fuck it doesn't have any back button for that price??
You can buy them for far cheaper than what they're selling them for, I got some excellent ones on AliExpress that work perfectly in my Elite 1.

Also the best thing to do is to get 2 shorter sets of paddles, I found the longer paddles on the lower paddle buttons hard on the hands.

jaysius

Banned
This is the wackiest shit I've seen.

They could have put the fucking back paddles in, they really do cost next to nothing, and would have made the controller fully functional as an "elite" type "pro" controller.

As aforementioned, this is for someone with a Elite 1 already.

Again as I've mentioned, you can get any set of elite 1 paddles from litterally anywhere(Aliexpress, Ebay, old Elite 1 paddles on Amazon) and throw them in there and it'll work. You'll save more money yourself.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
You can buy them for far cheaper than what they're selling them for, I got some excellent ones on AliExpress that work perfectly in my Elite 1.

Also the best thing to do is to get 2 shorter sets of paddles, I found the longer paddles on the lower paddle buttons hard on the hands.

This is the wackiest shit I've seen.

They could have put the fucking back paddles in, they really do cost next to nothing, and would have made the controller fully functional as an "elite" type "pro" controller.

Again as I've mentioned, you can get any set of elite 1 paddles and throw them in there and it'll work. You'll save more money yourself.

Before worrying about how long is my paddle, you should look at your bipolar syndrome my dude.

:lollipop_blowing_kiss::lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

why haven’t they just made a v3? and then just discount the v2 to ‘cores’ price point. i know this is like a barebones v2 without the extra bits but if you are gonna buy an elite controller aren’t you going to want all the extras? isn’t that the point

Top Bottom