• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Series 2 Core announced for $129.99

Larxia

Is it still the same sticks that will have drift after a few months, and which also do this annoying spring click noise when they come back to the center? If so then meh.

jaysius

Banned
Before worrying about how long is my paddle, you should look at your bipolar syndrome my dude.

:lollipop_blowing_kiss::lollipop_blowing_kiss:
No, I was stating that you can buy the paddles cheaper than the $60USD for that stupid fun bag accessory kit. In one post, in the other post I was giving a genuine reaction to how fucked up they are.

I'm still torn on this, this is an amazing deal, but the paddles are fucking pieces of cheap metal that you yourself can buy on any site.

This is a great deal for me. ALSO Elite 2's are coming to the design lab this holiday, so that's huge for me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
No, I was stating that you can buy the paddles cheaper than the $60USD for that stupid fun bag accessory kit. In one post, in the other post I was giving a genuine reaction to how fucked up they are.

I'm still torn on this, this is an amazing deal, but the paddles are fucking pieces of cheap metal that you yourself can buy on any site.

This is a great deal for me. ALSO Elite 2's are coming to the design lab this holiday, so that's huge for me.
I was joking dude, the occasion was too good:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
...otherwise people are going to use the Xbox Elite controller on their PS5?

Sony has no competition on the high end. There is no equivalent PS5 controller, they can price it however they feel like.
There is Scuf and Hex Gaming that both make PS5 Pro style controllers but both are priced pretty high

STARSBarry

Gold Member
ROFL

"For added peace of mind, Elite Series 2 controllers come with Microsoft's 1-year limited warranty"

for most countries that's the bare minimum legal requirement advertised here as a feature...

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
All these controllers and still losing the console war.

Pokemon-Switch-2-1.jpg

Brigandier

I had a few of the original elite controller and for the price it was shit, I had creaky and spongy face buttons and I found the paddles came off too easy, for the price it was garbage.

Lone Wolf

They will probably make some good money on design lab Elites. They should put the Series S in design lab as well.

jaysius

Banned
There is Scuf and Hex Gaming that both make PS5 Pro style controllers but both are priced pretty high

f193a76c-4dad-42e8-9059-d89d729ee7d1_reflex_console_gallery_playstation5_split_dt_850x600.jpg

The way they've integrated those paddles in fucking sexy.

But yea SCUF has an awful name, even worse than Razer... but god damn those are sexy paddles.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The PS5 controllers from those companies dont work for PS5 games?
Sorry out of date info.
Scuf got the rights to make DualSense compliant PS5 controllers.
I was misremembering when companys couldnt use the full feature set and were emulating DualShock 4s.

Disregard.

Don't buy at launch if you value your sanity. I've had 3 broken elite 2's and the current one is almost unusable. RB doesn't work at all A button barely works and B button works around 70/80% of the time. Worst controller quality control ever.

jaysius

Banned
Don't buy at launch if you value your sanity. I've had 3 broken elite 2's and the current one is almost unusable. RB doesn't work at all A button barely works and B button works around 70/80% of the time. Worst controller quality control ever.
They claim to have "listened to gamers" and they've supposedly "reengineered" the controller to get all those bugs out.

jaysius

Banned
I should mention to followup on my own post.
They arent actually third party controllers, to get around the Sony copyright, companies are modding stock DualSense controllers.

Guy in that thumbnail.
Shrek Film Smile GIF by PeacockTV

It's retarded that they gate keep their controllers wireless connections like that.

Xbox does the same shitty thing which is why most "pro" controllers for Xbox are wired.

Last edited:

Jebron

I don't get it... it's the same as the Elite Series 2, but without all the accessories that make the controller worth buying? Why would I buy a controller that has back paddle functionality or analog stick swapping, but doesn't come with the paddles or analog sticks?

rapid32.5

For those who tested. How clicky is the d-pad on the elite controllers. Is it PS5 noiseless or just like regular XSS/X ?

I don't get it... it's the same as the Elite Series 2, but without all the accessories that make the controller worth buying? Why would I buy a controller that has back paddle functionality or analog stick swapping, but doesn't come with the paddles or analog sticks?
I like the increased stick tension and the textured grip on the handles. I don't use the back paddles so I've taken them off. The price has been lowered accordingly for the removal of items not everyone wanted or used. More options are good for customers and not every product has to appeal to you personally.

Tripolygon

Banned
It has more features, and you can add the accessory that you need by just buying 3rd party part for less?

Jebron

I like the increased stick tension and the textured grip on the handles. I don't use the back paddles so I've taken them off. The price has been lowered accordingly for the removal of items not everyone wanted or used. More options are good for customers and not every product has to appeal to you personally.
So rubber grips and stick tension is worth $60 extra to you?

Top Bottom