• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Exec Says He's 'Very Excited' For Some Unannounced 2021 Games

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They love to talk a big talk, yet rarely do they have any reciepts to show. Outside of halo infinite, first party in 2021 looks barren af, and halo infinite was supposed to be a fucking launch game. Like how much worse can you fuck up the first year of your new console?
They should have gotten Halo going now we’re getting Halo towards the end of the launch hype launch hype is important in the particular Xbox vs PlayStation wars.

LokusAbriss

Forza Horizon 5 set in Japan, old engine sadly but some QoL improvement is my prediction
Forza Horizon 5 might be a possibility. Horizon 4 has been released in late 2018. New Motorsport is still far away as they said.

What could they have unannounced? A new Dead Rising?

Tiamat2san

Makes me think of the Jim Carry movie, Liar Liar. I'd love to hear Phil Spencer in that situation where he couldn't help but be 100% truthful, no matter how hard he tried.
Imagine that with every executive anywhere.

nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple , Samsung and even worse the food and oil industry.

it would be entertaining.

Stuart360

Forza Horizon 5 might be a possibility. Horizon 4 has been released in late 2018. New Motorsport is still far away as they said.

What could they have unannounced? A new Dead Rising?
Didnt Capcom dissolve the studio that made Dead Rising?, i'm sure i read that.

reksveks

From what I have heard Playground has a new engine that both Forza and Fable will be using.
AFAIK, don't think that engine is 'production-ready' yet so think FH5 will on the old one and Forza:Motorsport/Fable will be on the new one.

JLB

Banned
IE2ozqG.jpg

Nice new beard Phil!

Bridges

Didnt Capcom dissolve the studio that made Dead Rising?, i'm sure i read that.
They did dissolve Capcom Vancouver, but they only picked up the franchise after the first game, it was originally made by Keji Inafune's team.

They could definitely pass the IP to someone else, but I'd be worried about people trying to westernize it again. CV did a great job with DR2 but after that they went more and more of the direction of padering to the west with big open worlds, emphasis on killing hordes over time management, more linear missions, darker color palette, etc. It'd make more sense to a let another Japanese dev take a crack at it. Not sure there's anyone at Xbox Game Studios right now that'd be a good fit for it, but if Capcom ever does revive the franchise I could see Microsoft going for some sort of exclusivity deal again.

GymWolf

When he say unannonced, does he mean stuff with only a cg trailer ready to show that is not gonna actually release before 2-4 years like fable or stuff in advanced state of development ready to be released in 6-12 months?!

Last edited:

dottme

We’re they exited for the Halo Infinite reveal? I’m just trying to judge if this is a little promising or not.

Fredrik

We’re they exited for the Halo Infinite reveal? I’m just trying to judge if this is a little promising or not.
I really like Microsoft but they always over-promise and under-deliver. I’m still waiting on the best launch lineup in the history of Xbox... Any day now!

He's literally saying this to drive hype. Still waiting on Microsoft to make a legitimately exciting announcement after years of lip service.
So Fable, Avowed, STALKER 2, inExile new Unreal Engine 5 RPG, Hellblade 2, Everwild, Bethesda Purchase, and State of Decay 3 with unlimited budget is not hype? Damn dude. Must sucks to be you. Then again, to each his own lol.

Topher

Gold Member
So Fable, Avowed, STALKER 2, inExile new Unreal Engine 5 RPG, Hellblade 2, Everwild, Bethesda Purchase, and State of Decay 3 with unlimited budget is not hype? Damn dude. Must sucks to be you. Then again, to each his own lol.

Perfect Dark, Fable, and Avowed have my full attention. Microsoft revealed their big guns already and they are truly big, no doubt about it. Now they just have to deliver those games while I still have a couple of marbles in my noggin'

old man hand GIF

Warablo

Not really a difference, I'd say. Apart from The Initiative (which is a new studio), most of the games that will now come on Xbox post-acquisition, would have come on Xbox anyway, e.g., Bethesda games. I'm not sure what changed for Xbox gamers.
The difference being Sony/Amazon/Google won't scoop up exclusivity like Sony has already on two Microsoft games.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Supposed to be news this week. Absolutely no shot they comment on exclusivity. So don't get your hopes up. I expect there to be a nice celebration and mutual pats on the back from Microsoft and Bethesda, maybe some word on when Deathloop will come to Xbox...that's about all I'm looking forward to.

Of course if they do drop an exclusive bomb, I will be more than happy to eat my words.

Riky

$MSFT
After actually watching the interview in full he says that on top of the FPS Boost feature that a resolution boost is also in the works and some games could get both, that would be pretty great news. He also talks extensively about Machine Learning and the different ways it can help games, saying they are so convinced of it they invested in the hardware.
He actually comes over as a pretty genuine guy and not a PR mouthpiece.

oldergamer

Not really a difference, I'd say. Apart from The Initiative (which is a new studio), most of the games that will now come on Xbox post-acquisition, would have come on Xbox anyway, e.g., Bethesda games. I'm not sure what changed for Xbox gamers.
Well, there are some people here that will turn anything into a negative regarding Xbox. They now have 23 studios making games with many having more then one team, and that doesn't take into account publishing independent developer titles.

Saying they have unannounced games in 2021 doesn't mean the same as half the statements talking about E3 from previous years. So, no its not the same.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Can you imagine how hype Fable, Avowed and Perfect Dark would have been if we didn't have to wait years for them to release?

What do we have until then? Do people still pretend to give a shit about the latest games hitting Game Pass?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't know. They have the Bethesda acquisition going on, why say shit like this again? Why make unnecessary attention when you have Bethesda now smdh.

XBox exec says:

"Our exclusives suck, our GP line up sucks, nothing is coming out this year, XBox sux."

I think you are mistaken Neogafs chair execs and journalists with the Xbox exec

Andodalf

Banned
Can you imagine how hype Fable, Avowed and Perfect Dark would have been if we didn't have to wait years for them to release?

What do we have until then? Do people still pretend to give a shit about the latest games hitting Game Pass?

Lol, you can say the exact same for GOW 2. Or HZD 2. Or GT 7. Or BOTW 2.

We're getting MS's biggest IP this year. If we're lucky, a New megaton IP as well.

Top Bottom