• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 'Faked' Xcloud Gameplay

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Almost as bad as

Nope. Don't believe so. DX12 and The Cloud were hyped for years.

I didn't fall for the 1080p 60fps stuff.

You?

LuvOfThaGame
Wow. Do you think all the talk about dx12 has been the wrong focus and is why MS plays it off. Could WDDM2.0 with win10 be the key that changes how the architecture works? It struck me odd when I saw the bug list for the NXOE. Forza 6 has GRAPHICAL errors? Some games wont load? Media has been saying all along that the game OS was completely separate therefore wouldn't see a change with win10 and dx12. Well, its now obvious this is more than just an OS update. This is Xbox ONE 2.0, beta tested in the future!

http://misterxmedia.com/forum/gaming/498-xbox-one-secret-sauce™-hardware/page15

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
That's not fake. That's just lag. Looks real to me.

LOL, not even close. She is wagging he thumb all over the place and the car never reacts. Latency would just be late actions on screen which would led to her over correcting and crashing. That never happens.

Nope. Don't believe so. DX12 and The Cloud were hyped for years.

I didn't fall for the 1080p 60fps stuff.

You?
Lol. Yup. I was stupid for falling for that and have admitted so many times, but did I say you fell for it? No. I was pointing out that companies do this. Hilarious when you kids get triggered you always try and post offsite nonsense.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lol. Yup. I was stupid for falling for that and have admitted so many times, but did I say you fell for it? No. I was pointing out that companies do this. Hilarious when you kids get triggered you always try and post offsite nonsense.

You missed the point. He talks about falling for things every single time. Yeah, companies do it every single time, but MS still does hype things more than more than their compeition that doesn't turn out to be true, which is the point.

So no one is being triggered, it's just funny. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And the cloud was brought up again with CD3, and I know many XB1 fans believed The majority of XB games will run at 4k 30fps\60fps Ultra

A diversity show? Explain the logic please? I don't watch Inside Xbox. I find it very boring so enlighten me.

There's a thread on it.

It's exactly how you read it, in the latest episode the day before yesterday Miccrosoft basically had nothing too new to announce outside a new controller and a couple trailers, so the "theme" of the show was women, and they had a bunch of women acting like men and cursing with bleeps throughout the show with a cringe script and the only guy that was actually live at the show was the project xcloud guy who was there for like 5 minutes.

Calibos

There's a thread on it.

It's exactly how you read it, in the latest episode the day before yesterday Miccrosoft basically had nothing too new to announce outside a new controller and a couple trailers, so the "theme" of the show was women, and they had a bunch of women acting like men and cursing with bleeps throughout the show with a cringe script and the only guy that was actually live at the show was the project xcloud guy who was there for like 5 minutes.

Pretty disingenuous summary man. They announced MCC for PC and STEAM for christs sake. Also, maybe people aren't aware of this, but "Womens day" was a week ago. Celebration of women and their accomplishments. Maybe the women were just being women too.

Maturity level has hit an all time low here.

Pretty disingenuous summary man. They announced MCC for PC and STEAM for christs sake. Also, maybe people aren't aware of this, but "Womens day" was a week ago. Celebration of women and their accomplishments. Maybe the women were just being women too.

Maturity level has hit an all time low here.

MCC PC was announced before it, just the user who posted the thread only saw it when it was on Inside Xbox. Actual articles with more details were already out.

They had scripts, it was just done to be done, they literally tried extending the time by padding because they didn't have enough to show. They had the controller, which actually was shown slightly rushed oddly, and the other things I mentioned. That was the show. Heck, that episode was also under the radar, it was barely announced around the social media and other outlets, they basically kept quite on it until the stream.

JLB

Banned
People saying that the video is fake definetely never played Forza with a controller. It plays exactly like that.

So essentially are you saying they faked it so they wouldn't show a girl playing a game badly?

No. I'm saying the show had a "women in gaming" theme. You asked what made it a diversity show, on this episode they featured a bunch of women that I assume work for Microsoft. I don't think they faked the video, and I do think they showed her playing badly. I think they should have shown someone play it well to avoid this whole controversy in the first place.

LOL, not even close. She is wagging he thumb all over the place and the car never reacts. Latency would just be late actions on screen which would led to her over correcting and crashing. That never happens.

Somehow despite barely breaking legal highway speeds she still managed to crash. With normal steering selected in Horizon the wheels are not matched 1:1 with the stick travel. It takes about a second for the wheels to go from center to full lock when parked. As speed increases that time increases as well (think adaptive speed sensitive steering in a modern car) Quick jabs like what she's doing are too quick to alter the wheel angle. Normal steering also makes adjustments to the steering so that snap oversteer is mitigated and the car being used handles really well. She's got TCS and SMC active as well which you can see flashing in the HUD when she jabs the throttle. All that coupled with the low speeds she is driving in the video in a supercar means a spin is impossible with the inputs she's doing. I can replicate what she did in my game. If I did the same thing with my regular settings with a wheel in a Formula Drift car I'd be out in the grass.

All that said, I still think they should have had her get used to the game before filming or found someone who was. It was a bad decision to show someone struggle to just drive down the road at low speeds in an arcade racing game designed to make it easy.

The fact is game streaming is a dog's breakfast right now and nobody will nail it anytime soon. Don't believe any of Google's claims.

thelastword

Banned
Why would the right trigger stop the car? Right trigger, just like the right pedal in a car, is the gas pedal. It's set up like this in every racing game that supports analog triggers including Gran Turismo (unless you use the face buttons in GT5... shudder...). Can't argue the way she uses the analog stick made me want to die. I really hope that's not how she drives her actual car.
She didn't keep the right trigger depressed, she just pumped it like she was playing a shooter instead of a racer, yet the car's forward momentum was maintained, notwithstanding the way she kept pushing the joystick and it didn't seem to affect the direction of the car in any believable way......If this is not fake, there is some serious latency issues there....

Calibos

MCC PC was announced before it, just the user who posted the thread only saw it when it was on Inside Xbox. Actual articles with more details were already out.

They had scripts, it was just done to be done, they literally tried extending the time by padding because they didn't have enough to show. They had the controller, which actually was shown slightly rushed oddly, and the other things I mentioned. That was the show. Heck, that episode was also under the radar, it was barely announced around the social media and other outlets, they basically kept quite on it until the stream.

-No, it most certainly was not "announced" before the show anywhere. Rumored and leaks only for a very long time.

-The show was actually the shortest so far.

-The show was advertised all over the place a for the past two weeks.

Was the show a bit cringy? Yes. Are you being very hyperbolic and speculative.... yes you are and that is OK by me, just grab them facts first!

-No, it most certainly was not "announced" before the show anywhere. Rumored and leaks only for a very long time.

-The show was actually the shortest so far.

-The show was advertised all over the place a for the past two weeks.

Was the show a bit cringy? Yes. Are you being very hyperbolic and speculative.... yes you are and that is OK by me, just grab them facts first!

- Literally can check the dates and times of articles and see that there were indeed announcements before the show.
- The show was still padded, it overall being short doesn't change the fact they objectively padded for time with tons of segments that basically talked about nothing or were drawn out.
-It was not advertised "all over the place" it was one of the more under the radar shows, doesn't mean that it wasn't advertised at all, but even the last one had vastly more buzz.

Are you being exaggeratory and snivy? Yes. Was the Show cringy? Yes. Was the show padded? Yes. Of course you clearly don't have all the fact, hence why you responded as quick as you did without even looking to verify what I said.

But actually going back to the thread topic, it's possible it was faked, however there are other demos so at least people can't say they didn't show it off for real. Though why they would fake it on an inside xbox show is very strange. Oh well.

Calibos

- Literally can check the dates and times of articles and see that there were indeed announcements before the show.
- The show was still padded, it overall being short doesn't change the fact they objectively padded for time with tons of segments that basically talked about nothing or were drawn out.
-It was not advertised "all over the place" it was one of the more under the radar shows, doesn't mean that it wasn't advertised at all, but even the last one had vastly more buzz.

Are you being exaggeratory and snivy? Yes. Was the Show cringy? Yes. Was the show padded? Yes. Of course you clearly don't have all the fact, hence why you responded as quick as you did without even looking to verify what I said.

But actually going back to the thread topic, it's possible it was faked, however there are other demos so at least people can't say they didn't show it off for real. Though why they would fake it on an inside xbox show is very strange. Oh well.

No need to go full on attack mode. Facts would be great instead.

Links to articles please that "Officially" announced the game before the show?

advertising from a simple google search and from what I saw. I knew about the show over a week before it launched, but obviously I am an xbox player regularly...which is who the show is geared towards.

Xbox Wire
Game Reactor
Twitter
Xbox Dashboard
Youtube
Gaming sites all over a week ago etc...

As for padding, I suppose that is a matter of opinion..they are trying to do a monthly show for fans not a monthly E3 or XO18.

I can agree to disagree...this is all a silly off topic argumentative thing anyways.

EDIT: Also, this was right here a week before the show?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-...march-12-5pm-et-2pm-pt.1473224/post-253842565

Last edited:

lukilladog

Response seems so bad, I´m afraid they will have to dumb down games even more to make them fair to stream players.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean, it's streaming. Does anybody in here complaining on either side, truly care outside of brand preference?

Doesn't seem like a real big deal to me since it will be in everybody's hands anyway eventually.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Made SonyGAF a whole lot more insufferable. Funny how resolution and framerate no longer seems to matter though.

2013 to early 2015 resolution didn't matter.
Late 2015-2016 it matter after DX12 and the Cloud.
Early 2017 it didn't matter again
Mid 2017 - now it matters after the announced of XB1X.

I think XBoxGAF pretends that this never happened.

Oemenia

Banned
2013 to early 2015 resolution didn't matter.
Late 2015-2016 it matter after DX12 and the Cloud.
Early 2017 it didn't matter again
Mid 2017 - now it matters after the announced of XB1X.

I think XBoxGAF pretends that this never happened.
2006-2013

Superior multiplats don't matter. Those XBOTs right?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So no evidence that it is actually fake and this thread is full of people acting as if it's a fact. Not surprised actually.

Tripolygon

Banned
Its not fake, its just latency. It is not all too dissimilar from PS Now "sometimes". The interesting thing is for months some people who shall remain nameless won't shut up about how Xcloud tech is more advance than PS Now and has less latency because of Azure.

UnusualSether

Neo Member
Forza was a really poor choice, due to it being a racing game slidey movement and having latency on that would make it look pretty sketchy, the video of the guy recreating the joystick movements makes it look more legit but the woman demonstrating it was really fiddling around with the joystick and you can tell sometimes that it looks pretty strange and that something isn't right, especially with some of the turns.

Since the phone has to connect to Xcloud and receive inputs from the bluetooth controller it would make sense for latency to be very noticable, but Microsft didn't choose much of a good game for the demonstration so I don't think they really deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Its not fake, its just latency. It is not all too dissimilar from PS Now "sometimes". The interesting thing is for months some people who shall remain nameless won't shut up about how Xcloud tech is more advance than PS Now and has less latency because of Azure.

;).

DanielsM

Banned

Basically, this kind of how it rolls with all this cloud gaming is the future.

Excited Alleged Cloud Gamer: "Cloud gaming is the future"
Me: "Cloud gaming has been around for a long-time"
Excited Alleged Cloud Gamer: "Yeah, but now there are more companies are doing it"
Me: "So, what cloud game service do you subscribe to?"
Excited Alleged Cloud Gamer: "I don't subscribe to any service"
Me: (shaking my head)
Me: "So, its the future, there are plenty of providers today and have been for 5-10 years but you don't sign up"
Excited Alleged Cloud Gamer: (crickets)

Than they'll go onto the Netfix of gaming, so basically you find out they want 1000s of games and NEW GAMES, and they want Microsoft/Sony/Google/etc. to manage their hardware for them in the cloud (which is really what cloud gaming is) and they want it all for sub $10 a month. Than you tell them Netflix loses $1-4b a year making new content and exactly how are they going to making money without recouping the money on development, hardware, electricity, infrastructure, management, taxes, etc. ... at this point you get more cricket sounds.

Cloud gaming is a solution looking for a problem and for obvious reasons in favor of the gaming companies. In the end, they will have to charge you more for less that doesn't mean they won't lay bait out and than do a switch later. Video streaming cos. might one day make money, it depends, music probably one day - gaming has many more obstacles including latency.

Even if tech wise it was just as good as natively playing, it has to be more expense as people are basically paying the cloud company to manager their console/pc for them.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
All that Azure power and this is what we get...Some people said Sony wouldn't even be able to compete with this second coming of streaming.......And that MS had already beaten Sony with streaming because "How could Sony compete against" I mean; MS, Google, Amazon, they have all these powerful server farms......But yet, here we are, and Sony has not even deployed their new streaming tech and network infrastructure for next gen, which has been rumored for than a minute to be going through a major overhaul internally.......All I see is more hype and less delivery from MS, in typical fashion.....Things are not going to change next gen....Doesn't seem that way at all...

Great Hair

Banned
By selecting the best GT tracks and making a proper GT7 running at 8K60 HDR Plus Plus in VR and Demon´s Souls remake + fully patched 6th Archstone.

Next gen might be the most boring-est one ...

Watch Dogs 4 to 6
Ass.Creed 21 to 26
Far Cry 7 to 11
Halo 6 to 9
Forza 8 to 11
Gears 6 to 10
Tomb Raider Reboot Part Deux

kbear

What's the average age of a NeoGAF poster?

Age is but a number in the The Great Console Wars, my friend.

3322af2c-232e-4b14-9qjjns.jpeg

I agree with this guy, and I'm glad to see that someone made that video to show how the game behaves when run locally. I've played Forza a fair bit, and watching the video, it looked to me pretty much how Forza reacts to inputs--with some delay/inertia, as opposed to super arcade twitchy reactions. Especially if you are using any of the assisted steering options. Glad to see someone confirmed my suspicions by making the video comparison I was too lazy to make.

That said, I have heard from former MS people that they did have a "no live demos" policy for some years at least, after the BSOD disaster they once had. So I still reserve a little suspicion, but if it were a canned video, that would have been hella hard for her to fake the control movements so well. Could be done with practice though i guess...

Oh, and one last thing. They didn't say where the "data center" was relative to the stage. If I were doing that demo, I would have been filming within 100 yards of the data center with a dedicated bazilliagigabit connection to the studio, which I'm sure MS could figure out how to arrange.

Top Bottom