• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomShoe

Banned
Let me show you something :

No, that list is totally wrong.

- Japanese games don't count

- Anime games don't count

- Anything below 90 metacritic doesn't count. If everyone doesn't love it, then it doesn't count.

- Remasters don't count

- Anything on PS3 doesn't count

- Anything on PC doesn't count

- Anything on 360 doesn't count

- Ports don't count

- Indies don't count

- Sequels don't count

- Anything that's not Western AAA doesn't count

- Anything that's not new IP doesn't count

- Anything not released doesn't count

Only thing that's left is Bloodborne, which has a Japanese developer & 40 second load times, so it doesn't count. Plus it's a Souls game. That means it's a port, so it doesn't count double.

No games indeed.

SO is a 2014 title and Tearaway Unfolded is 50% different than Tearaway on Vita.

It's not a 100% new IP, so it doesn't count.

I own all three consoles and prefer the ps4, but ^ that list isn't exactly 100% accurate. It's missing Sunset Overdrive and Tearaway is technically also available on Vita.
SO is a 2014 title and Tearaway Unfolded is 50% different than Tearaway on Vita.

- Anything below 90 metacritic doesn't count. If everyone doesn't love it, then it doesn't count.

- Remasters don't count

- Ports don't count

- Indies don't count

Only thing that's left is Bloodborne, which has a Japanese developer & 40 second load times, so it doesn't count. Plus it's a Souls game. That means it's a port, so it doesn't count double.

No games indeed.

image.php

Tigress

Let me show you something :

irdik4y38zf.jpg

I've not been paying much attention to what xbox one is getting this year (I don't have one so it's not that important to me)...

but is that really the only games coming exclusively to it this year?

I mean I was thinking people were right there didn't seem much coming to PS4 as exclusives but I assumed xbox was probably at least getting about the same. It just seems like that list has to be missing something (as I said, I don't know cause I haven't been paying attention. I mostly care about third parties anyways).

Can someone tell me what wrong with "list wars" when its factually telling the difference in the number of games and not arguing the quality of them?

I remember asking this in another thread but it got bypassed.

Even though im pretty sure what the lists was a reply to was a joke.

- Remasters don't count

- Ports don't count

- Indies don't count

- Sequels don't count

- Anything that's not new IP doesn't count

No games indeed.

It's not a 100% new IP, so it doesn't count.

Hahahahahaha, <3

PensOwl

Banned
I own all three consoles and prefer the ps4, but ^ that list isn't exactly 100% accurate. It's missing Sunset Overdrive and Tearaway is technically also available on Vita.

You mean toukiden kiwami is technically also available on the vita right.

Also FFX HD is going to PC??
Isn't that pretty huge? How is this the first I've heard of this

Cess007

Can someone tell me what wrong with "list wars" when its factually telling the difference in the number of games and not arguing the quality of them?

I remember asking this in another thread but it got bypassed.

Even though im pretty sure what the lists was a reply to was a joke.

For what i've seen, it's because then it devolve into "well, i don't care about RPGs/Indies/what-ever genre" and so; something that contributes nothing to the threads and became fuel for console wars.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait. Is that list for US, or WW? 'Cause i just noticed the Yakuza 0 is in there.

I've not been paying much attention to what xbox one is getting this year (I don't have one so it's not that important to me)...

but is that really the only games coming exclusively to it this year?

I mean I was thinking people were right there didn't seem much coming to PS4 as exclusives but I assumed xbox was probably at least getting about the same. It just seems like that list has to be missing something (as I said, I don't know cause I haven't been paying attention. I mostly care about third parties anyways).

the list only pretains to retail games so only games which are going to release this year and available at a game store on disc is eligible.

Iirc theres still Fable Legends coming out and Ori and the blind forest released recently. So its not THAT sparse as there are some digital games releasing.

I talked to my lawyer about suing Sony for the "games" that I thought I had for my ps4. Apparently they are not games and I've been mislead to believe they are.
See you in court Sony.

For what i've seen, it's because then it devolve into "well, i don't care about RPGs/Indies/what-ever genre" and so; something that contributes nothing to the threads and became fuel for console wars.

Hmm i see but personally i havent seen that happening much at all.
its more like a list appears and then a bunch of gaffers are like "lol list wars". i guess to me it just seems more like a knee jerk reaction to lists being present in a thread and the possibility of it being used as console war fuel.

but i understand the gist of why they are disliked now so thanks.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

It's similar in significance and dignity to other comparisons.

W6EzD.jpg

Bgamer90

Banned
Hmm i see but personally i havent seen that happening much at all.
its more like a list appears and then a bunch of gaffers are like "lol list wars". i guess to me it just seems more like a knee jerk reaction to lists being present in a thread and the possibility of it being used as console war fuel.

but i understand the gist of why they are disliked now so thanks.

I personally don't like list wars as it usually becomes a battle of quantity without any consideration of quality and/or gaming preferences; People will start naming off games that they couldn't have cared less about before the list war started (haha).

A bit unrelated but iOS has WAY more games than the 3DS but I would never say that there's anything as good on iOS as the Nintendo exclusive games on the 3DS. Overall, there still may be a reason as to why a person feels a certain console has a better lineup of games regardless of quantity. They're just very shortsighted comparisons in my opinion.

Halabane

You mean toukiden kiwami is technically also available on the vita right.

Also FFX HD is going to PC??
Isn't that pretty huge? How is this the first I've heard of this

Yeah first I had heard of yet another port of X. Is this confirmed somewhere?

EatMyFace

Banned
this thread turned into gold(noses).

i hate the ps4 for having no games but being the more successful system.

the ps3 was in the same state (in europe)

no games, but sells more.

whats wrong with all people out there?

i know so many people with glasses, and all of them tell me, 900p vs. 1080p is a VAST difference.

is this difference a nose long?
Maybe the problem is you? If you can't see why the PS4 is selling the best then maybe you have a very narrow point of view. Don't assume you're tastes apply to everyone else.

I personally don't like list wars as it usually becomes a battle of quantity without any consideration of quality and/or gaming preferences; People will start naming off games that they couldn't have cared less about before the list war started (haha).

A bit unrelated but iOS has WAY more games than the 3DS but I would never say that there's anything as good on iOS as the Nintendo exclusive games on the 3DS. Overall, there still may be a reason as to why a person feels a certain console has a better lineup of games regardless of quantity. They're just very shortsighted comparisons in my opinion.

Oh yes i definitely understand the quantity doesnt = quality thing cause thats entirely subjective and opinionated.

but i was talking more about it in factual cases like the joke post conduit was replying to which said "PS4 has no games" or other instances made seriously by posters that the ps4 has less games/exclusives etc etc than another platform because the knee jerk reaction still happens even in that context.

Thats was what i was getting at. I dont want to derail this thread any longer though so...

In other news.

Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom