• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.
3o85xmqdFq5GDwInIY.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /JOKERLAUGH

Cess007

I got a response from Ed Fries on Twitter:

5CSwSyk.jpg

j4gc1U6.jpg

Wait, so he thinks that at the end of the generation, things will be closer than they are now? World wide? What?

Edit. I mean, i get that he can't actually say (or that it wouldn't be good if he says) that the gap will be a lot bigger at the end of the gen, but geez, man.

Bgamer90

Banned
Damn even MS admitting defeat already

Is Bgamer ok? Someone please check up on him.

Missed my earlier posts in the thread?

Not really sure why I've had this impact on some of you guys considering I said the PS4 would more than likely be #1 worldwide pretty early in the gen (2013). Very strange.

angelic

Banned
does anyone really expect ed fries to admit the truth about the current situation. cut him he bleeds green.

I got a response from Ed Fries on Twitter:
j4gc1U6.jpg
What a silly cop-out. If by the end of generation anybody still gives a damn (who am I kidding, I know some of you guys will count the days until you can throw that quote back in his face), all he has to do is say "well, my prediction was wrong". And what is "a nose" in terms of sales, anyway? less than 20% less than 10%. Silly Ed Fries.

I can't believe Fries basically dug the hole deeper for himself. Just what makes him think the XBO will make it close by the end of this gen?

Daviii

Be careful. The density of Pinocchios in the first page is close to reach the critical mass for a nose hole.

Journey

Banned
I can't believe Fries basically dug the hole deeper for himself. Just what makes him think the XBO will make it close by the end of this gen?

Did you read what he said, no wait, did you even the title? Not that I agree with the assessment, but its alarming that it took 11 pages and a tweet before anyone understood the discussion. Its obvious PS4 is ahead by far, but AR/VR may change things and he still predicts PS4 by end of the "console war" but just by a nose and not the landslide we see today. Not many will agree, but not as crazy of a comment as everyone made it out to be.

Cess007

Did you read what he said, no wait, did you even the title? Not that I agree with the assessment, but its alarming that it took 11 pages and a tweet before anyone understood the discussion. Its obvious PS4 is ahead by far, but AR/VR may change things and he still predicts PS4 by end of the "console war" but just by a nose and not the landslide we see today. Not many will agree, but not as crazy of a comment as everyone made it out to be.

I though the comment was a bit crazy if he meant it as "right now"; but i think it's even crazier if he meant "at the end of the generation" world wide.

It's crazy because worldwide, it isn't going to be a win by the nose. You may believe AR will help X1 but uhh that console is only selling in NA. and losing?

Steroyd

The only way his comment won't seem farfetched is if MS starts selling double what the PS4 is selling in America.

Abdiel

Any time I see this perspective, it makes me scratch my head. Sony outsold the 360 every year world wide except I believe the year of the Kinect... Because PlayStation is a global brand with serious mindshare and reception, something the Xbox brand simply cannot count on. Outside of the US and UK, Microsoft can't count on any markets providing them any really momentum, and unlike last generation, they are losing in those two markets as well.

Where can you even speculate on them gaining new sales power? It's not even a console war opinion. Objectively, Sony has a much more popular gaming brand on the global scale, and has released a product with a near universal acclaim. Outside of people arguing for their favored product, or making strange mental gymnastics, there's no viable reason for the sales situation to do anything but grow further apart.

Jezbollah

Wow. That Twitter reply is something. The original quote had him answering a question in the past tense. Now he skews it to be in the future tense. What a fool.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Its obvious PS4 is ahead by far, but AR/VR may change things and he still predicts PS4 by end of the "console war" but just by a nose and not the landslide we see today. Not many will agree, but not as crazy of a comment as everyone made it out to be.

It's a very crazy comment.

JetJetJaguar

Neo Member
While I like my xbox one more than a nose more than my ps4 the main result of this round of the console wars was to drive me back to PC gaming... And I'm loving it!

Just wait and watch them treating Hololens as the new Kinect.

I'm not even sure why they gimped the FOV on the newer Hololens hardware. That seems to be something that a number of the tech press are wondering as well.

An earlier prototype Hololens had a much wider FOV.

The difference in FOV, as I understand it, is like looking at the default size of the "Reply to Thread" textbox (on your PC browser) for the new hardware versus what you can normally see looking out of a pair of eyeglasses for the earlier prototypes.

No it's even crazier now that he's doubled down.

Rurunaki

How is AR/VR going to change things? The 2 consoles can barely run 1080p/60fps games and you expect something like AR/VR to change tgat around? It will be in line with Move/Kinect. Nothing of worth will come out of it.

The only viable platform for AR/VR is PC, unless you believe in the Cloud or secret sauces the 2 consoles are holding back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom