• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

Jennings

Mortal Shell left in November, but it was sneakily put back on GamePass today.

Also of note: This time, it is the Enhanced addition with 4K visuals, 60 FPS gameplay, and high-quality textures.

KmSWhDZ.jpg

Last edited:

TuFaN

How are people getting the gamepass on pc for 1€ over again over again? Isnt it supposed to be full price after a trial month

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox Game Pass continues to grow each month. Here's a list of great games, from Hi-Fi Rush to Monster Hunter Rise, you can play on the service right now.

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's gaming subscription service, is often referred to as the best deal in gaming, and for good reason. Each month, multiple games are added to its rotating catalog of titles, a mix of first-party Xbox games, indies, and other huge games.

It can be a little overwhelming, but have no fear. In this video, we're going to tell you the best games to play on Xbox Game Pass. There's something for everyone, from the all-new vibrant rhythm brawler Hi-Fi Rush, to the beloved classics like GoldenEye 007.

00:00 - Intro
00:13 - Hi-Fi Rush
01:20 - GoldenEye 007
02:40 - Persona 3, 4, 5
03:52 - Monster Hunter Rise
04:54 - Eastward
05:40 - Potion Craft
06:30 - Outro

Osthyvel

I love Rougelites, i collect thoose, and damn, i must say, Roboquest is amazing! Thet really nailed it, exactly how i want a RL to be with upgrades, progression etc, fantastic game.

Chukhopops

Rumor that Soul Hackers 2 is also coming to game pass soon

Bought it at launch, it’s a good game but people who expect Persona style of gameplay will be disappointed. It’s basically a dungeon crawler with very sparse bits of story.

If you enjoy SMT gameplay (the actual combat) it’s as good as SMT V imo.

Great to hear. So far I think I can count about 2 or 3 devs not wanting to keep going with Gamepass after dev/launching titles with it. I think in terms of devs that are happy and raving good things about GP it's well over 50-60+ I've seen in the last 12 months or so. I'd take that ratio every day in business thanks.

Well for gamers is good and for devs is good because they get paid upfront. But the reality is they get inflated not sales but played hours and more positive reviews because...oh its free so whatever I just came to check it out. For example Scorn...if it was a full paid title, game would be shat on, its full of issues. But because it was free for everyone.....uhhhh ahhh Geiger feels....yes gameplay is from the 90s but still not a bad game.

Well for gamers is good and for devs is good because they get paid upfront. But the reality is they get inflated not sales but played hours and more positive reviews because...oh its free so whatever I just came to check it out. For example Scorn...if it was a full paid title, game would be shat on, its full of issues. But because it was free for everyone.....uhhhh ahhh Geiger feels....yes gameplay is from the 90s but still not a bad game.

Yep, it's a bit of mixed bag for now. Some GP dev deals seem to be profit share, others up front and hybrids too. I guess the "disruptor" phase for GP enables all sorts of games to be greenlight or shared more for now. So far so good. I do agree with posters about GP price rises in future but I'm happy with that, everything has to face inflation and there's a value ceiling to subs prices too. My own anecdotal experience our kids, their friends and myself/my friends included are playing more together and even gifting things to each other we want to play but others perhaps don't have GP or don't want to buy something when it's off GP. It's been working our pretty nicely and certainly in the last 2 years we've all played a wider range of games and stuck with some of them longer than expected. My daughter has 3 titles I've purchased the moment they went off GP, we tried them for "free" and played while on GP then bought them at a solid discount later. I did the same with Flight and Forza, played for free then subbed/MTX/DLC as we went along.

reksveks

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/02/28/pc-game-pass-preview-40-new-countries/

As a part of our mission to expand the joy and community of gaming to every player in the world, we’re excited to announce we’re bringing a preview of PC Game Pass to 40 new countries for the first time ever, comprising:

Albania
Algeria
Bahrain
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Georgia
Guatemala
Honduras
Iceland
Kuwait
Latvia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Moldova
Montenegro
Morocco
Nicaragua
North Macedonia
Oman
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Qatar
Romania
Serbia
Slovenia
Tunisia
Ukraine
Uruguay

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone else seeing this expiring message way too soon?

f56WYlO.jpg

C1s4uCn.jpg
Yeah. On console also. Used some of my reward points to put an extra 9 months on and took off auto renew. It was sat in a tile bottom right of the console all the while until I gave in and put auto renew back on even though I’m good till middle of 2025 also.

I don’t think it’s the year (as that’s 3 of us now that are up to 2025) as this was earlier in the year I did this and kept getting the nagging app. I know it’s a piss take but put auto renew back on and in a couple of weeks it will go away.

How are people getting the gamepass on pc for 1€ over again over again? Isnt it supposed to be full price after a trial month
Just change your region to Turkey or Argentina on your console/ms store browser and put a random Turkish/arg address under your credit card details. MS doesn't crosscheck address vs credit card number. But the address needs to match your region in order for you to successfully make purchases. I pay $2 for GPU and just like STEAM, MS store also offers much better deals in certain countries. For example for Turkey, Resident Evil 4 is $35. Some games are a little cheaper but most games are way cheaper than the original US store.

No, you don't need to make a new account, just one click change region and done, everything is still in English. Your game collection, trophies etc stays the same.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Kinda weird thing to say, "disruptive" isn't necessarily negative and in the tech world it's usually used in a positive sense. From my point of view as a consumer, Game pass has been very disruptive in a good way.
Indeed. A new invention that's way better is "disruptive." It's usually used in a positive sense.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn shame to see QB leave game pass for whatever reason.

-

This is a list of currently known games coming to GP in April.

If there are any more beyond these, we'll find out tomorrow in the announcement blog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom