• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass - Includes over 100 Games at Launch, 14 Day Trial (Live Now)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Gonna try maybe 10-20 games from the original lineup. Worth it for Mad Max already. You also need to consider the fact that it can save money on games even if you don't like them. Rule them out so you never waste money on them in a sale or that.

Gowans

Been grazing of a few games after setting them all away to download, liked Mad Max, DMC but Mega Coin Squad is a game I wouldn't have looked at that I really have been enjoying my time with.

Guess the trial is not gonna work for me.....

They ask me for a payment method, which is Paypal but since i can't pay in the US store with this Paypal account......i have no idea how to make this work. Been using the US store since launch because the Dutch likes to fuck people with overpriced stuff.

Theorry

They ask me for a payment method, which is Paypal but since i can't pay in the US store with this Paypal account......i have no idea how to make this work. Been using the US store since launch because the Dutch likes to fuck people with overpriced stuff.

Switch to your region you are in. Activate and switch back. Just like EA Access.

Got Screamride, Resi 0, Kyub and Unwritten Tales 2 so far. For free, currently, nae bad!

If they really push this i can see myself subbing.

Switch to your region you are in. Activate and switch back. Just like EA Access.

I wanted to do that via the site but man, as soon as i click on the button to activate the trial the site just crashes. I'm gonna need to do this on the console i guess.

It's probably wise to cancel it right away as well, right? Before i forget to do that within the 14 days.

Oh and now it does work but i can only select 5 days and it says not available. Lol...USA only first then? wouldn't surprise me at all.

ty_hot

I never owned a Xbox. Its very tempting to get an used one cheap, subscribe for 1-3 months to play the games I missed.

Anyway, I wonder bow will they add new titles to the catalog, im suspecting it will be like ps+, great games first, then later random games you wouldn't buy in the first place.

im_dany

Imo they should give us 10 bucks. I mean, look at that list. Who wants to play games like Halo 5 oder the Gears 1 remaster?

@ topic

My used copy of Halo 5 never worked so I think I subscribe 1 month. To make it worth I will also play the gears ultimate and this Max game.

If your copy is recognized but doesn't install (scratched disc?) you can just put the disc in and then download the whole game from the Xbox Store. You will still need the disc in to play it but atleast you will be able to.

ramparter

Banned
I'm afraid this isn't for me, it's probably really good for those playing a lot. If only there was also a lower tier like 2-3$ per month.

Ricker

For some reason I thought you could stream those games,like PSNow...I mean its a good price but again,if I want to play the single player of Halo 5,I still need to download 75GB to ''try and play'' it...plus XBox Live is now 70 bucks a year in Canada...so it comes to almost 100 bucks a year.

shmoglish

If your copy is recognized but doesn't install (scratched disc?) you can just put the disc in and then download the whole game from the Xbox Store. You will still need the disc in to play it but atleast you will be able to.
Oh, I did not know about this feature. Sounds great, thank you.

And yes, the disc has a small scratch. Installaziob always stops after a few minutes.

For some reason I thought you could stream those games,like PSNow...I mean its a good price but again,if I want to play the single player of Halo 5,I still need to download 75GB to ''try and play'' it...plus XBox Live is now 70 bucks a year in Canada...so it comes to almost 100 bucks a year.

For H5 yeah it's nuts, and SO, Gears Ultimate etc are still 35GBish.

However, there are dozens of games there sub 10GB.

This is a pretty amazing deal TBH, wish there was something as good as this when I was a kid.

I'll likely subscribe for a couple of months to play some stuff I missed, let's see if MS can keep me subscribing with new additions to the library.

This is Microsoft we're talking about. Best case scenario is that they bundle XBL Gold with Game Pass.
Oh shit...$50 a year for online play and Games with Gold...or $120 a year for that plus access to the Game Pass games...probably makes that an automatic buy for me.

I like the list of games here. If I do jump in on this, it would be my chance to finally play Halo 5. Been looking forward to that!

Iceman829

I picked up the trial and depending on how things go I'll probably keep it. I downloaded Farming Simulator 15, Payday 2, Megaman Collection and Mad Max so far. Me and my friend want to screw around with co-op farming and rob a few banks this weekend. I'm sure it will pay for itself and I can always unsubscribe if I know I won't be playing or finished the games I was interested in.

Fredrik

Do it on the console, I had the same problem on the website, it said not available, but it worked fine activating it on Xbox One.

Trigged a download on like 15 games. Got 25-30mb/s download speed, pretty okay. Been playing Mega Man 2 on the Mega Man legacy collection. This is pretty great tbh. I wish it was included in Xbox Live Gold though but I guess you can't have everything. Impressive start lineup anyway!

Fredrik

This should be great for certain types of gamers, but it's not appealing to me at all.
Because you don't own the games?
I was like that with movies, bought everything, but then I tried renting once through Apple TV and now I do that for all film I'm not sure I'll watch more than once. It's convenient and not all that expensive. Same with Game Pass, it's great for the maybe-purchases.

FinKL

I'm hanging out with my buddies this weekend and there will be 8 of us in a house so I had the grand idea to see how many games on the Xbox One list are multiplayer. I'm sharing this list with you guys as it might help people plan a little LAN party. These are all taken directly from their store page which list Local/Online coop player numbers. I also didn't check any of the Xbox 360 games which is probably a huge disservice, except for Dungeons & Dragons. I have memories of that, an Action RPG in the arcade?!

Also, if you have 2 Xboxes I'm assuming you can game share the service so if it says Online, you can probably (I haven't checked) run something like Terraria and put 4 people x 2 consoles and everyone join the same game making for a grand total of 8 players.

2-Players
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara 2 Local - 8 Online (I thought this was 4player Coop?)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Day One Version 2 Local - 8 Online
Blood Bowl 2 - 2 Local
Defense Grid 2 - 2 Local

4-Players
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings - 4 Local
Mega Coin Squad - 4 Local
NBA 2K16 - 4 Local - 10 Online (I'm guessing this is 3 Xboxes if you wanted to play in the same game together of 4+4+1 players per team)
The Golf Club - 4 Local
Terraria - 4 Local - 8 Online

6-Players
WWE 2K16 - 6 Local

8-Players
#IDARB - 8 Local/Online
Knight Squad - 8 Local/Online

jryeje29

Sounds really cool would love to see this on PC, not just play anywhere stuff. More options of ways to play games is always great for everyone.

What PS Now should have been - fully download the game, and the pricing is exactly right. Bravo once again MS - more and more-so wishing I had a XBO with this and the BC integration.

Fredrik

Just tried Max the curse of brotherhood for the first time, had no idea it what it was, thought it was a kids game but it's more like Trine meets Limbo, physics based puzzles and eerie atmosphere. And 60fps! Love it!

Defect

At first I was like, the service is cool but I'm not really interested in these games or I own the big ones.

But I looked through the list and now I'm playing all these 360 arcade games I never played before and some cool games like Shantae and Resident Evil 0. Still need more games obviously but this is a good starting library.

Fredrik

At first I was like, the service is cool but I'm not really interested in these games or I own the big ones.

But I looked through the list and now I'm playing all these 360 arcade games I never played before and some cool games like Shantae and Resident Evil 0. Still need more games obviously but this is a good starting library.
Yeah I'm really surprised, there are some crappy filler titles for sure but they managed to get some big titles here as well. Gears Ultimate, 1,2,3, Judgement, Bioshock 1,2, Infinite, MaxMax, DmC Definitive, and some cool older games like the old arcade collections and Soul Calibur 1,2.
I'm impressed, I could honestly see myself subscribing to this, right now it feels like this could be the big thing that could get me to frequently use a console even though I'm mainly gaming on PC nowadays.

I'm hanging out with my buddies this weekend and there will be 8 of us in a house so I had the grand idea to see how many games on the Xbox One list are multiplayer. I'm sharing this list with you guys as it might help people plan a little LAN party. These are all taken directly from their store page which list Local/Online coop player numbers. I also didn't check any of the Xbox 360 games which is probably a huge disservice, except for Dungeons & Dragons. I have memories of that, an Action RPG in the arcade?!

Also, if you have 2 Xboxes I'm assuming you can game share the service so if it says Online, you can probably (I haven't checked) run something like Terraria and put 4 people x 2 consoles and everyone join the same game making for a grand total of 8 players.

2-Players
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara 2 Local - 8 Online (I thought this was 4player Coop?)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Day One Version 2 Local - 8 Online
Blood Bowl 2 - 2 Local
Defense Grid 2 - 2 Local

4-Players
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings - 4 Local
Mega Coin Squad - 4 Local
NBA 2K16 - 4 Local - 10 Online (I'm guessing this is 3 Xboxes if you wanted to play in the same game together of 4+4+1 players per team)
The Golf Club - 4 Local
Terraria - 4 Local - 8 Online

6-Players
WWE 2K16 - 6 Local

8-Players
#IDARB - 8 Local/Online
Knight Squad - 8 Local/Online

It's fucking sad to NOT see Halo on this list at all. Fuck MCC & H5 with respect to LAN. Scorpio mofos bring LAN back pls, thx, k, bye.

I know how shit MCC/H5 are on LAN, I hold an annual Halo LAN at my house.
Yes it's devolved into non Halo LAN in recent years.

Chris1

Just tried Max the curse of brotherhood for the first time, had no idea it what it was, thought it was a kids game but it's more like Trine meets Limbo, physics based puzzles and eerie atmosphere. And 60fps! Love it!

Max is awesome, criminally underrated. Still one of my favourite GwG's to date

Justinh

Yes. My game share buddy activated his 14 day trial and I was able to download the games too without activating mines.
Oh. It wasn't under you memberships tab in My Games in Apps was it?

I'm just trying to figure out how this works. My Pop didn't have it in his Membership tab and his Xbox One is set to my home console and I activated my trial already. I figured it was because it was a trial or something. I guess I should go over and see if his console is still activated as my home console to make sure my account didn't get hijacked or something (I wouldn't think so, I have 2FA and no weird purchases and don't see any weird location for login in the MS security page)... and I guess you know, visit my family too.

m23

I love that game so much.

brawly

I'll probably play through DmC DE for free, so thanks for that.

Beyond that not really for me based on the line-up.

Ricker

I got Unwanted tales 2 and the curse of Max to download overnight but the one I want,Halo 5 didnt work and this morning it says Queued and probably wont work again...I tried RE 0 just now and I dont see the install button...service might be getting hammered or something...they should add the games in a season pass tab also...

Signed up this morning. Downloaded Ms. Splosion Man for myself (loved Splosion Man) and Screamride for my son. Kind of liberating to just pick a game and away you go.

I see this being huge for familyies. At $9.99 a month I can play what I want and the kids can play what they want. Huge savings and less risk involved. I've held back buying games in the past because I wasn't sure if I'd like a game or not or have the time for it. Looking forward to see how they expand this service.

Ricker

Does the X1 have the same thing as the PS4 like if your hard drive is getting full,even though you have enough space,a game will not download for some reason...like you have 100 GB left and the game is 75GB it wont work...? Halo 5 just doesnt start,it sits at 0 %...

Lucifon

Does the X1 have the same thing as the PS4 like if your hard drive is getting full,even though you have enough space,a game will not download for some reason...like you have 100 GB left and the game is 75GB it wont work...? Halo 5 just doesnt start,it sits at 0 %...

It will tell you if there's not enough space to download. If a download is just stuck then try doing a full hard restart of the console.

Somnia

My boss at work gave his kid a "6 month game pass" card on his birthday last month and will be signing him up on June 1st. I showed him the game lineup and his kid is pretty excited.

I know a couple other parents who see this as an awesome thing for their kids. They just pay $10 a month and their kids get a ton of games to play. They know they'll still want some new releases, but this eases the pressure on going to rent games and buying a new game all the time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Just saw this this morning. Might sign up to play Halo 5 and Mad Max.

Free trial n all....why not.

Fredrik

Don't miss out on this during the free period!

Replaying Gears of War in the Ultimate Edition right now. Currently at the slum about to get the vehicle, after the first Berserker fight. I had forgotten how great this game was. A.I seems worse though, Dom got killed like 5 times at the Berserker fight just wandering around getting killed. Still, this game is a true classic for me, so much memories. Can't wait until I get to the underground cave, that was insanely good-looking back in the days.

Fredrik

Isn't it a 14-day trial whenever each person decides to activate it?
Oh that's right. No hurry then, Gold users get access to it now though, a bit earlier.
All in all I'm impressed, I just hope they put some "X days left" notification on the games they plan to delist.

Top Bottom