• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass - Includes over 100 Games at Launch, 14 Day Trial (Live Now)

SenkiDala

Someone know if the DLC of Layers of Fear is included with XGP?

When I watch on the xbox website they just say "Layers of Fear" and nothing about the DLC, but when I go on the Xbox store on my X1 and select the DLC they say "play more with Xbox Game pass" or something and get 10% off the DLC, but usually they give 10% off of games included in the offer. So I wonder if it's in or not. Thanks!

Vert boil

Someone know if the DLC of Layers of Fear is included with XGP?

When I watch on the xbox website they just say "Layers of Fear" and nothing about the DLC, but when I go on the Xbox store on my X1 and select the DLC they say "play more with Xbox Game pass" or something and get 10% off the DLC, but usually they give 10% off of games included in the offer. So I wonder if it's in or not. Thanks!

No, the dlc isn't included.

It's 20% off games and 10% off DLC.

A guy on Xbox Daily basically just said:

New games on 1st of every month.

At least 5 new games every month, absolute minimum (I suspect the 4 XBL Gold titles + another 1)

No games will leave the service until November.

Again reiterated that most games will stay.

Bsigg12

They will add 5 games every month. They just said on the Xbox show.

At least 5 new games every month, absolute minimum (I suspect the 4 XBL Gold titles + another 1)

Was just about to post this. Interested to see what shows up in July.

Chris1

Nice so should be up to over 140 games before any games leave.

Vert boil

**Seems to be a limited email only campaign**

Microsoft Rewards (previously Bing Rewards) are doing a 50% off game pass promo until the end of the month (3500 points instead of 7000). Not sure if you can do the quiz through the offer page or if it's only available through the email news blast. Still enough time to earn that many points this month.

If you aren't a member yet it's only available in a few countries. US, UK, FR (not sure if it's out yet in DE or CA.). To sign up go to bing.com and click the medal icon next to your name/handle.

Microsoft Rewards (previously Bing Rewards) are doing a 50% off game pass promo until the end of the month (3500 points instead of 7000). Not sure if you can do the quiz through the offer page or if it's only available through the email news blast. Still enough time to earn that many points this month.

If you aren't a member yet it's only available in a few countries. US, UK, FR (not sure if it's out yet in DE or CA.). To sign up go to bing.com and click the medal icon next to your name/handle.

I get hundreds of spam emails...except the one I want :( is the offer only available via a link in an email?

I've been collecting bing rewards for a couple of weeks and up to 4k already.
Two things worth noting:-

You can get the 90 points for PC search AND the 180 points for Edge searches. I have 2 PC's and can get 270 points each day from this.

Secondly the annual Xbox pass is much cheaper overall. It's 30,000 points...the equivalent in full price monthly passes is 12 times 7,000 i.e. 84,000

Vert boil

Pm'ed the link to Alx and irrotational that I received through the email and it isn't working. Guess it's just a limited campaign. ;(

I get hundreds of spam emails...except the one I want :( is the offer only available via a link in an email?

I've been collecting bing rewards for a couple of weeks and up to 4k already.
Two things worth noting:-

You can get the 90 points for PC search AND the 180 points for Edge searches. I have 2 PC's and can get 270 points each day from this.

Secondly the annual Xbox pass is much cheaper overall. It's 30,000 points...the equivalent in full price monthly passes is 12 times 7,000 i.e. 84,000

Yeah, 30,000 (29,000 with level 2 discount) is amazingly cheap for the Game Pass. Isn't it normally like $99 for a year or something?

I wonder how many years you can stack it. Basically it's the same price as an Xbox Live 1-year subscription in MS points. I usually earn enough points through the year to do 2 years of Live, so maybe now I'll do 1 year of Live and 1 year of Game Pass. Thanks a lot, Bing :)

Yeah, 30,000 (29,000 with level 2 discount) is amazingly cheap for the Game Pass. Isn't it normally like $99 for a year or something?

I wonder how many years you can stack it. Basically it's the same price as an Xbox Live 1-year subscription in MS points. I usually earn enough points through the year to do 2 years of Live, so maybe now I'll do 1 year of Live and 1 year of Game Pass. Thanks a lot, Bing :)

Yeah, I mean I guess they can change the price at any time but it seems very good value at the moment. It's 29k with the level 2 discount as well.

For a year it would be $120 wouldn't it? At 10 a month?

In case anyone else is interested, I had got the bing email but it was only going to my MS email account.

There is a page called "promotional communications manager" which lists all your registered email addresses, and which promotional emails they will get, if any.

It seems random...bing rewards went to ms but sea of Thieves was going to my Gmail account.

Ironically the link for 50 percent off still doesn't work.

Vert boil

Decent update. Four that I don't own but only two of those I want to play (F1 and Flame in the Flood).

Personally I'm going to let the sub lapse for a few months to build up a new backlog as I've already burnt through all I can be bothered playing of the original list.

Gowans

Gona get them downloaded, if I enjoy one it's game pass paid for for the month.

sizes from Reddit :

* Dead Island - About 7 Gb each for both games
* Resident Evil 6- 17 Gb
* F1 2015- 20 Gb
* Bard's Gold- 200 mb
* Monaco- 900 mb
* Guacamelee- 3 Gb
* Flame in the Flood- 4.5 Gb

Oynox

Gona get them downloaded, if I enjoy one it's game pass paid for for the month.

sizes from Reddit :

* Dead Island - About 7 Gb each for both games
* Resident Evil 6- 17 Gb
* F1 2015- 20 Gb
* Bard's Gold- 200 mb
* Monaco- 900 mb
* Guacamelee- 3 Gb
* Flame in the Flood- 4.5 Gb

Going do download Flame in the Flood for sure. Maybe RE6 and Dead Island as well though I do not think the ports were received very well and Dying Light probably is the better game overall.

So what are some additions we can incrementally add to Game Pass?

-OG Xbox Games
-New episodic games released in a Netflix like fashion.

What else would we like to see? This program is in its infancy, but if handled properly it could be a very lucrative business for Microsoft.

So what are some additions we can incrementally add to Game Pass?

-OG Xbox Games
-New episodic games released in a Netflix like fashion.

What else would we like to see? This program is in its infancy, but if handled properly it could be a very lucrative business for Microsoft.

A fund program, where Ms would allow developers and publishers to register and create games aimed at game pass, kinda like an id@xbox, where anyone can apply but aimed to Gamepass.

A fund program, where Ms would allow developers and publishers to register and create games aimed at game pass, kinda like an id@xbox, where anyone can apply but aimed to Gamepass.

I would like to see something like this as well. Gamepass could be a great spot for some Indies to really take off.

yLEFTy

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000125

Not sure if posted yet or not but if you're a bing rewards member you can get a year of this for 29,000 points. Just for reference the "hot deal" going on right now for $5 Xbox credit is 3,500 points. Converting brings it to around $41 worth of bing points for a year of game pass (this is the same price in points as a year of Xbox live from the reward site)

Craft

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000125

Not sure if posted yet or not but if you're a bing rewards member you can get a year of this for 29,000 points. Just for reference the "hot deal" going on right now for $5 Xbox credit is 3,500 points. Converting brings it to around $41 worth of bing points for a year of game pass (this is the same price in points as a year of Xbox live from the reward site)

I've been recommending Bing rewards to everyone as it really is a great deal.
You can earn at least 160 points a day from about 2 or 3 minutes work.
If you're committed to get the points each day you could earn at least 2 passes a year.

yLEFTy

I've been recommending Bing rewards to everyone as it really is a great deal.
You can earn at least 160 points a day from about 2 or 3 minutes work.

If you're committed to get the points each day you could earn at least 2 passes a year.
Yep this is true. One of the interesting things to me was that there is an option for a year. Up until now I was under the impression that they only sold it in month increments

Oynox

Never heard of Pharaonic, will take a look at this. Already own the rest or not interested. But my sub only lasts until mid August anyways and I only managed to finish Mad Max in 2 months. Now I will try to get through DmC.

spons

Gold Member
ReCore Definitive Edition, Metro: Last Light Redux, Fable II, 10 Second Ninja X, Hue and The Bridge coming September 1st.

Also new countries that day: Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE.

Source

Can anyone tell me if it's just me, or is Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara gone from game pass? I can't find details anywhere but it's not free but I thought they weren't removing anything until the end of the year....

Vert boil

Septembers games are live now,

10 Second Ninja X
Fable 2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Hue
Metro: Last Light Redux
ReCore Definitive Edition
The Bridge

And Gamepass should now available in Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE.

aember

Wow, I love Fable 2, but the last time I played was on an old tube TV. I can't wait to see how it looks on normal screen!

tombo85

ReCore Definitive Edition, Metro: Last Light Redux, Fable II, 10 Second Ninja X, Hue and The Bridge coming September 1st.

Also new countries that day: Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE.

Source
Going to hold out for my Xbox One X to renew and play Recore in its 4k HDR glory.

So there seems to be a promotion going on in the Game Pass app. You get rewards for downloading and playing games that you haven't already played. It goes like:

Download & Play
1 Game Pass game to win a Mystery Gift
3 Game Pass games to win an Ultimate Mystery Gift
5 Game Pass games to win an Ultimate Mystery Gift and a chance to win £400 to the MS store.

Prizes include Xbox Live Gold, Groove Music Pass, movies, DLC, Microsoft store credit, and more

You need to play each game for a minimum of 30 minutes to be eligible.

I'll take the possibility of store credit just for playing some games. Now what to play that I haven't already?

Edit, looking at the rules this is UK and America only and the mystery gifts have a value of £5 or £10

So there seems to be a promotion going on in the Game Pass app. You get rewards for downloading and playing games that you haven't already played. It goes like:

I'll take the possibility of store credit just for playing some games. Now what to play that I haven't already?

Edit, looking at the rules this is UK and America only and the mystery gifts have a value of £5 or £10

This is awesome. This should be promoted outside gamepass though, so people that doesn't have it would sub.

So not Canada or did you mean North America??

Would be great if anyone who tries it can confirm the prizes. I would possibly start up the free trial if this includes Canada.

SickBoy

Can anyone shed light on the pricing that's shown for games with Game Pass? I was just browsing through the Xbox store and see that most titles are listed as "Free With Game Pass," while ReCore is listed as $17.59(Cdn) with Game Pass. (In fact, it seems to be the only one that shows a price other than free).

Is that likely an indicator that it's a temporary part of the library, vs. the games the service launched with -- or that the access to that game is more temporary? (i.e.: while they may add or remove titles elsewhere, you'll have permanent access to certain Game Pass titles you downloaded so long as you remain a subscriber?)

Just trying to figure out what it means. I was thinking about opting in for the free trial, but I have a ton of other stuff to play right now.

gamz

It means you can buy it outright at a discount.

It's a nice choice is all. Games don't stay on GP forever.

I have been enjoying playing through Bioshock 2 (missed out on it when it was released), and have bioshock 1 and fed rising 3 downloaded.

A great service so far for me, and I hope they keep it up

Top Bottom