• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Increase Your Backlog Inside

Mista

Banned
Does anyone know which exact phrase dictates that save are cross platform (PC <-> Xbone)?
xo97Dax.png

Is it Xbox Live cloud saves?
This and play anywhere

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Loved Gris, played it on the Switch. I'll definitely be giving Plague Tale a go at some point too.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Same as above ^, game pass has increased my game time and decreased the amount i buy games.
I haven't bought a game since Anthem (huge mistake) and have never once felt like I was missing out on anything or was lacking for games to play. Game Pass is an incredible service and I'm actually surprised MS was able to get to this level as quickly as they have.

Game Pass is a system seller.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I’m really looking forward to Yakuza dropping. Hopefully it’s in this first part of the year opposed to the latter half.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Isa

GHG

Gold Member
Started Children of Morta earlier, heard great things about it and so far it hasn't disappointed.

Last edited:
lol Internet dictionaries actually have entries for backlog

"a large number of things that you should have done before and must do now"

It really needs a gamer working at one of those places - "a large number of games that you should not have bought before and must play now, and yet you still pay for Game Pass"

Great thread by the way Mista Mista

Mistas a real OG , he don't give a flying @#$% about warriorism....a true dying breed folks 🙏🗽💪

Isa

I've been eagerly anticipating Yakuza finally appearing on GP. I wish I could say that it was for my friend's sake, as on PS they'd rarely make purchases on niche or unknown titles for them. Which should be neat since on GP they'll definitely give the series a go, even Final Fantasy when that arrives. But I really want to go through the series again, starting with 0. I've not tried the Kiwami remasters yet either so it should be a fun time. Hopefully they end up getting 'em all on there and do well. I hope Gris makes its way to Xbox soon.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I've been eagerly anticipating Yakuza finally appearing on GP. I wish I could say that it was for my friend's sake, as on PS they'd rarely make purchases on niche or unknown titles for them. Which should be neat since on GP they'll definitely give the series a go, even Final Fantasy when that arrives. But I really want to go through the series again, starting with 0. I've not tried the Kiwami remasters yet either so it should be a fun time. Hopefully they end up getting 'em all on there and do well. I hope Gris makes its way to Xbox soon.

I forgot about FF. I have no idea where I'm going to be find the time for all this stuff.

Walledhouse

Started Rage 2, it is okay but suffers from copy-paste open world syndrome slightly. Rather than XP each location basically awards some form of talent point in a treasure chest so you progress by clearing out icons on the map. Combat wise it’s close to (but not quite) Doom 2016; and the open world sort of dilutes the level design.

By the way, skip State of Decay 2. It’s weirdly tedious and boring even in co-op; in a way that no other zombie game has made me feel before.

Gears 5 is polished, but feels the same as the others and doesn’t really excite a veteran like me.

Resident Evil 4 is meant to be leaving Game Pass soon, so never having played it before (you read that right) I decided to load it up and get it done.

Nope.

Couldn't get past the first village chainsaw guy third person tank controls. Uninstalled. I'm too old to be learning shit like that.

Thing is, I wanted to give the newer games a try, namely RE7, and the newer 2 and 3 remakes. Do they control like 4 too?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Resident Evil 4 is meant to be leaving Game Pass soon, so never having played it before (you read that right) I decided to load it up and get it done.

Nope.

Couldn't get past the first village chainsaw guy third person tank controls. Uninstalled. I'm too old to be learning shit like that.

Thing is, I wanted to give the newer games a try, namely RE7, and the newer 2 and 3 remakes. Do they control like 4 too?
Decent game but I find it VERY overrated

pr0cs

Gears 5 is polished, but feels the same as the others and doesn’t really excite a veteran like me.
I'd argue gears5 is pretty buggy not polished, unless you meant graphics wise then I'd agree. The scene at the missile base had me legit "wow" a few times, crazy geometry budget in that level.
I enjoyed it as a big fan of the series, a few twists that worked and few that didn't but definitely worth played.
Horde is also fun, much improved over 4

GHG

Gold Member
Gris is a fucking beautiful experience. Its fucking mesmerising with my Hue sync setup.

Next time anyone suggests that games can't be art I will slap them all over the face repeatedly until death with this game.

Buying it on Steam right now. Take all my money.

ManaByte

Gold Member
But... that's not the price. At least not on PC it isn't.

That's the price for access on both Xbox + PC + Gold is it not?

GamePass ultimate is $15.

GamePass on console is $10.

That $1 thing is just a way to get people to sign up. It's not $1 a month.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
But... that's not the price. At least not on PC it isn't.

That's the price for access on both Xbox + PC + Gold is it not?

Isn't PC @ $4.95 in Beta? I would certainly expect them to raise it to at least $9.95. I suspect console will stay @$14.95 for ultimate at least in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Isn't PC @ $4.95 in Beta? I would certainly expect them to raise it to at least $9.95. I suspect console will stay @$14.95 for ultimate at least in the foreseeable future.

Yep, will be interesting to see what the PC price settles at considering Origin Access can still be had for $4.99 a month and it offers a similar level of quality (albeit it's not day one for new EA releases at that price, for that they offer a more premium option). I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft don't offer a similar tiered approach that EA does on the PC going forwards.

GamePass ultimate is $15.

GamePass on console is $10.

That $1 thing is just a way to get people to sign up. It's not $1 a month.

Never said anything about $1, its not even the deal I signed up to.

I'll play it again to make up for your failure and to keep the world in balance.

I'm in the same boat as him. I watched my brother play RE4 on the Gamecube and loved every minute of it. I only played it for a couple hour before just throwing my hands up in defeat. The controls are exactly as they should be, since the game is designed around them, but I just couldn't do it. I did fare better than in Code Veronica on Dreamcast, where I stopped playing in the cemetary.

Both are excellent games, the problem is with me.

VAL0R

Banned
Playing Game Pass title Children of Morta in local co-op with my son and loving it. The dad in me love's the emphasis on family and familial love in the simple story of this little dungeon crawler with RPG and rogue-like elements. Love how leveling up the family members gives permanent group bonuses and so on.

Children_of_Morta_Featured-1024x576-e1472014270944.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the thread, Mista. Been subscribed to Game Pass PC since E3 and loving it. I need to stop buying games at all, because they keep adding stuff that I bought a couple of months previously (Plague Tale, Children of Morta, etc.)

Top Bottom