• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass is a Console Seller

ReBurn

Gold Member
It really is a great - I used it for Halo 5 and the Gears series. It's insane that all new game will come to gamepass, because if you only care about singleplayer you can pay $10 and finish the game instead of paying $60. I am still not sure how they justified that decision.

People who only care about single player probably aren't the majority of the people spending $60 for Halo or Gears on launch day. Some will, but a lot of people wait for price cuts and cheaper used copies. So Microsoft gets at least $10 from people that they might have gotten nothing from.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Been playing Dead Rising 3 and been quite enjoying it, i tried the 20 minute time trial 2 years ago and didn't like it, funny how a demo can give off a wrong impression. Anyway it's a half decent launch game that i missed imo.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It's probably a good deal for people who can't afford choice. I found it a large collection of stuff I didn't want. Sifting through it to find something good to play and then risk losing access to it wasn't worth the hassle. Then there are the data caps that make trying various games hard to do. I'd rather pay for game I know I want then rent stuff I don't have much interest in.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see Game Pass increasing console sales. If anything, it's meant for those who already own an Xbox One. For someone like me who owns an Xbox One Slim, getting new releases day one for what will technically be $10 for a month is an awesome deal. Instead of me spending $120/$96 GCU on State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizon 4 this year, I can spend $20 to play and complete the single player campaigns for each respective game.

Game Pass is good but not great because the majority of the games are either crap, old or have already been played by the majority. But it's awesome to take advantage of. I used the 14 day free trial to play and complete Dead Rising 3 (6.5/10 imo) which saved me $10-$15 from buying a used copy of it and then going through the trouble of having to sell it back.

How it all plays out remains to be seen but for me personally, Microsoft is saving me a bunch of money by subscribing to Game Pass for a month to play and complete the game(s) that I would have originally bought for $60/$48 GCU. So in this regard, thanks Microsoft.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I totally agree. I've been with don't since the PS1 but the lack of any BC this generation has really bothered me but I accepted it as the were moving over x86 (as I understand, I don't know the specifics). If they do that again, I would expect that my entire digital catalog would carry over to the ps5. If it doesn't, I'll likely go the Xbox route next time as they are willing to go that extra mile (at least they seem to).

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm seeing a Lot of people saying it's not "them" but I feel like the game pass overall isn't aimed at the hardcore, at least until the first party games day one games are added, and I'm confused why some are saying everything in there is crap.

Like gears 4, halo 5, Darksiders 1 and 2, mad max, fablr anniversary, soul claibur 2 hd.

Are you telling me those games are crap!? Cuz no way man lol.

I get it, you already own them, but people that don't play every must have title probably don't have all of the games above and for $10 a month, more and other games will be added they can play.

Like I see ZERO negative here.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Any idea of when the already released stuff like Forza Horizon makes it in? I see they just put up Halo Wars 2 however.

In response to the post a few places above tho -- yea I would say the campaign to halo 5 is crap ... :oops:

I'm actually going thru all the gears games currently. Thinking of taking all the Fables for a run after that.

It would be nice if Panzer Dragoon Orta made an appearance. Haven't played it since it first came out and didn't give it a fair shake back then.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Any idea of when the already released stuff like Forza Horizon makes it in? I see they just put up Halo Wars 2 however.

In response to the post a few places above tho -- yea I would say the campaign to halo 5 is crap ... :oops:

I'm actually going thru all the gears games currently. Thinking of taking all the Fables for a run after that.

It would be nice if Panzer Dragoon Orta made an appearance. Haven't played it since it first came out and didn't give it a fair shake back then.

Halo 5 campaign is sub par. It's not as good as others but it's not unplayable. But hey it's the multiplayer that's amazing. Still play it weekly. Love me some super fiesta.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I see the usual post I expect from you and of coarse its a system seller as is playstation now, the plus points to gamepass over NOW are you don't need a great internet connection to enjoy the games at full quality. new games coming to it to are huge, nobody else does this currently in the market and will shift gamepass to millions of xbox owners and tempt more people into buying and xbox one.playstation now is also good but the games are not on there day one
I never made a thread about PSN NOW being a system seller, but it sure is more of a system seller than Gamepass, because it has more subs and you get a much larger library of titles. You can also argue you don't have to download 100GB of Gears or 178GB of Quantum Break or 100GB of Forza, you can just stream the games (with 5Mbits) which is a much lower internet footprint for a much better library of titles....

People who only care about single player probably aren't the majority of the people spending $60 for Halo or Gears on launch day. Some will, but a lot of people wait for price cuts and cheaper used copies. So Microsoft gets at least $10 from people that they might have gotten nothing from.
Halo multiplayer is no selling point anymore, besides. Halo CE, my favourite Halo btw, was awesome in splitscreen with friends, but it's campaign was the main reason many bought it in the first place....It was an awesome ride, bar some nasty slowdown in the last level, but it had one of the best campaigns on console for a minute......

It's just that really, people these days only stick to one or two games for their multiplayer needs for the most part. I've bought a gajillion games this gen, but the only game I play online pretty much regularly is SF5. I'm not much of an FPS player or a shooter fan outside a solid campaign, so I played BF4's campaign, FC4 etc.., still have to play Titanfall 2's campaign etc..., but the truth is, I won't spend a minute with MP (maybe one game), but that is true for millions of folk who buy COD's every-year, BF etc....It's the reason people cried a storm that Titanfall 1 did not have a proper campaign and they wanted better for part 2, they wanted better campaigns for Battlefront's sequel and Destiny. The majority of mp folk have moved to titles like PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch etc.....No one is watching Halo as a competitor to these titles and COD has been at it just as long and it's numbers online are still amazing, GTA5 online is pretty populated too.

The truth is, no one is going to bat an eyelid that these first party MS efforts are coming to gamepass outside of the current fold. What it's going to do is allow current XBOX owners to stop paying $60.00 at launch for said games (Halo, Forza-SIM, Forza-Horizon and Gears) play these campaigns for $10.00 per month or only pay the months when these launch and allow it to lapse thereafter....

Let's be honest, nobody is going to leave their other console for this suppposed greener grass and console selling juggernaut.....All I'm seeing is intense hype by a few placard wavers, but here's the reality....Was MS really impressed with Halo 5's sales or the number of folk currently playing? No..and yet this is not going to help that......and no, MP is not their saviour either.....I just logged into my live account to track most popular mp titles; Fornite is number one followed by PUBG, then Rainbow Six.....all if not most of these titles do higher numbers on PS4 including other titles on the list like GTA5, COD WW2, NBA 2k, Monster Hunter etc.... and we all know PUBG is on other platforms at playable framerates and it's also coming to PS4 soon...But it isn't about that is it? It's about first parties, that's what has caused this sudden frenzy about the virtues of gamepass in the here and now.....Let's see then, Halo 5 is behind Warframe, yes warframe in the most popular MP game on live at the minute. We've been there before though, we heard a storm about titles like Titanfall, (do you remember the memes?...have you played Titanfall bro......I just cannn''t believe...)....Titanfall was dead before the cock even crowed once that morning. You remember the hype on Killer Instinct? MP dead almost instantly, who's playing this at EVO? Let's not kid ourselves that people are jostling to play these games online. Halo5 and Gears are behind warframe and closer to a 360 title in blackops 2 and Skyrim-SE in multiplayer....These are the firstparty games that's supposed to woo people because of MP?

What about Forza 7, how many are really playing this anymore compared to what's available at the competiton, it's way down on the list, close enough to shadow warrior (yes the first one this gen) and the ill-forgotten MCC, and it's only been 2 months since it's been out.....People keep on hyping these titles like Sea of Thieves as an example, and that game will be forgotten 2 days after it launches with ho-hum reviews, the same with crackdown and fable if they ever see a release date in the first place. So gamepass is sure exciting and certainly a console mover or prospective ;) I mean people hyped super lucky tales.....for goodness..sake...Console movers TM...indeed.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I never made a thread about PSN NOW being a system seller, but it sure is more of a system seller than Gamepass, because it has more subs and you get a much larger library of titles. You can also argue you don't have to download 100GB of Gears or 178GB of Quantum Break or 100GB of Forza, you can just stream the games (with 5Mbits) which is a much lower internet footprint for a much better library of titles....

Halo multiplayer is no selling point anymore, besides. Halo CE, my favourite Halo btw, was awesome in splitscreen with friends, but it's campaign was the main reason many bought it in the first place....It was an awesome ride, bar some nasty slowdown in the last level, but it had one of the best campaigns on console for a minute......

It's just that really, people these days only stick to one or two games for their multiplayer needs for the most part. I've bought a gajillion games this gen, but the only game I play online pretty much regularly is SF5. I'm not much of an FPS player or a shooter fan outside a solid campaign, so I played BF4's campaign, FC4 etc.., still have to play Titanfall 2's campaign etc..., but the truth is, I won't spend a minute with MP (maybe one game), but that is true for millions of folk who buy COD's every-year, BF etc....It's the reason people cried a storm that Titanfall 1 did not have a proper campaign and they wanted better for part 2, they wanted better campaigns for Battlefront's sequel and Destiny. The majority of mp folk have moved to titles like PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch etc.....No one is watching Halo as a competitor to these titles and COD has been at it just as long and it's numbers online are still amazing, GTA5 online is pretty populated too.

The truth is, no one is going to bat an eyelid that these first party MS efforts are coming to gamepass outside of the current fold. What it's going to do is allow current XBOX owners to stop paying $60.00 at launch for said games (Halo, Forza-SIM, Forza-Horizon and Gears) play these campaigns for $10.00 per month or only pay the months when these launch and allow it to lapse thereafter....

Let's be honest, nobody is going to leave their other console for this suppposed greener grass and console selling juggernaut.....All I'm seeing is intense hype by a few placard wavers, but here's the reality....Was MS really impressed with Halo 5's sales or the number of folk currently playing? No..and yet this is not going to help that......and no, MP is not their saviour either.....I just logged into my live account to track most popular mp titles; Fornite is number one followed by PUBG, then Rainbow Six.....all if not most of these titles do higher numbers on PS4 including other titles on the list like GTA5, COD WW2, NBA 2k, Monster Hunter etc.... and we all know PUBG is on other platforms at playable framerates and it's also coming to PS4 soon...But it isn't about that is it? It's about first parties, that's what has caused this sudden frenzy about the virtues of gamepass in the here and now.....Let's see then, Halo 5 is behind Warframe, yes warframe in the most popular MP game on live at the minute. We've been there before though, we heard a storm about titles like Titanfall, (do you remember the memes?...have you played Titanfall bro......I just cannn''t believe...)....Titanfall was dead before the cock even crowed once that morning. You remember the hype on Killer Instinct? MP dead almost instantly, who's playing this at EVO? Let's not kid ourselves that people are jostling to play these games online. Halo5 and Gears are behind warframe and closer to a 360 title in blackops 2 and Skyrim-SE in multiplayer....These are the firstparty games that's supposed to woo people because of MP?

What about Forza 7, how many are really playing this anymore compared to what's available at the competiton, it's way down on the list, close enough to shadow warrior (yes the first one this gen) and the ill-forgotten MCC, and it's only been 2 months since it's been out.....People keep on hyping these titles like Sea of Thieves as an example, and that game will be forgotten 2 days after it launches with ho-hum reviews, the same with crackdown and fable if they ever see a release date in the first place. So gamepass is sure exciting and certainly a console mover or prospective ;) I mean people hyped super lucky tales.....for goodness..sake...Console movers TM...indeed.

Genuine question. You do know people outside of your gaming group and thinking just might have a different perspective and play different things right.

You pull numbers out of your butt and make claims that have absolutely zero evidence. Like your Halo claims.

Like nobody said halo was the most watched and played shooter. Yet you rant as if I said halo 5 is the only shooter anyone is playing.

Your perspective of the market is flawed in so many ways I don't even know where to begin.

And if you honestly think streaming a game like gears 4 would be a smaller bandwith footprint over the lifetime of the game vs downloading it, you're straight up deluted.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Games pass is an awesome service but it's not a threat to Sony's dominance this gen. There's only a handful of Xbox exclusives per year and half of them are called Forza. Whereas on the PS4 front you have a large variety of high quality titles unlike the offerings from the third party publishers.

Also, somewhat anectdotal but digital sales and discounts come far more frequently on PSN than the Xbox game store.

Regardless of all the complaints about mostly non-issue microstransactions etc... I've bought and have more to play than ever this gen.

P.S. - PS now is trash

Last edited:

Valdega

Sure, the obvious ones are there like Halo and Gears, but what shocked me was the insane amount of arcade games available, and even titles such as Resident Evil 1, 0 and 6 that I couldn't believe were free.

This mentality is strange to me. If you have to pay for Game Pass, you aren't getting free games. You're paying for those games (or rather, paying for access to those games because you'll lose access if you stop paying). It's like saying that Netflix gives you free movies.

JaffeLion

Banned
MR. GRUMPY EDIT - You're very welcome to have differing opinions to other members but this isn't the community to be throwing unfounded accusations at others. Please, keep to the topic at hand.

Like streaming games is now an advantage of psnow? this is the BIGGEST drawback of PSnow.. the games lag and are most of the time almost unplayable and not near as good as downloading the game and playing the game. seriously..

Last edited by a moderator:

octiny

Banned
MR. GRUMPY EDIT - You're very welcome to have differing opinions to other members but this isn't the community to be throwing accusations at others. Please, keep to topic at hand.
Last edited by a moderator:

TannerDemoz

This mentality is strange to me. If you have to pay for Game Pass, you aren't getting free games. You're paying for those games (or rather, paying for access to those games because you'll lose access if you stop paying). It's like saying that Netflix gives you free movies.

Mate, they just dropped membership to like £3 in the UK. I call the games I get with PlayStation+ free. I reckon you can call a back catalogue of 150+ games free for that price unless you're being pedantic.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm not sure it's a console seller right now, or even for the rest of this generation. Why? Because if you take people at their word, they're not buying an Xbox because they're apparently not interested in the exclusives Microsoft offers. Not sure making those same exclusives part of GamePass suddenly means those same people become interested.

But as part of the launch for Xbox 5? Most definitely.

cooper59

Banned
It's probably a good deal for people who can't afford choice. I found it a large collection of stuff I didn't want. Sifting through it to find something good to play and then risk losing access to it wasn't worth the hassle. Then there are the data caps that make trying various games hard to do. I'd rather pay for game I know I want then rent stuff I don't have much interest in.
i can afford any game or console. But that isn't what gamepass is for. For the price of 2 games i get probably 70 games i have never played plus all the excl. has nothing to do with what i can afford. lol

phil_t98

#SonyToo

so lets say you bought your playstation pro and your 4k tv, now playstation streaming doesn't hit the quality of your 4k tv. where as gamepass and xbox one x and a 4k tv can play the game at the quality it should be at

Allandor

so lets say you bought your playstation pro and your 4k tv, now playstation streaming doesn't hit the quality of your 4k tv. where as gamepass and xbox one x and a 4k tv can play the game at the quality it should be at
Well actually, PSNow was somehow interesting as long as only a TV or PS3 was needed to play the games. Now you need a PS4 to stream, which doesn't make sense, as the PS4 could easily play those older and newer titles. And you get all the cons of streaming (changing quality, input lag, if you are temporarily offline nothing works, ...).

Xbox Games pass get's interesting as soon as there are some games on the list that I don't already own and I wane play. But the real pain is the number of subscriptions I already have and I don't want to add another one
e.g.:
- amazon
- netflix
- spotify
- xbl gold
- office family

at least MS should offer something like an "All in one family" pack.

Mate, they just dropped membership to like £3 in the UK. I call the games I get with PlayStation+ free. I reckon you can call a back catalogue of 150+ games free for that price unless you're being pedantic.

They haven't dropped it to £3 for everyone. I think they're A/B testing different price points. Some people are seeing £3, some people still £7.99!

TannerDemoz

They haven't dropped it to £3 for everyone. I think they're A/B testing different price points. Some people are seeing £3, some people still £7.99!

That's really weird – do you think they're testing users who haven't used the service to see if they'd dip their toes at a lower price?

People keep on hyping these titles like Sea of Thieves as an example, and that game will be forgotten 2 days after it launches with ho-hum reviews, the same with crackdown and fable if they ever see a release date in the first place. So gamepass is sure exciting and certainly a console mover or prospective ;) I mean people hyped super lucky tales.....for goodness..sake...Console movers TM...indeed.

Just more shit posting from the master. And you never answered my question about why you enjoy shitting up MS threads.

Is this quality discussion mods? You've asked others to stick to the topic yet allow this fucking garbage. I guess it is to be expected.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
i can afford any game or console. But that isn't what gamepass is for. For the price of 2 games i get probably 70 games i have never played plus all the excl. has nothing to do with what i can afford. lol

English? I have no idea what you are saying. My point stands, if you buy many games, especially on sale, there is no use for a standing monthly subscription if you already have a huge backlog. It's like Gamefly, better for people who don't buy games.

Valdega

Again, if you're paying for them, they're not free. If you stop paying, you lose access, so you aren't even "getting" them. "Getting" would imply that you own them forever, even if you cancel your subscription (ala Humble Monthly). £7.99 a month (the actual price in the UK) is £96 a year, which is roughly the price of a two new AAA games. It's not pedantic to use words correctly.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
English? I have no idea what you are saying. My point stands, if you buy many games, especially on sale, there is no use for a standing monthly subscription if you already have a huge backlog. It's like Gamefly, better for people who don't buy games.

Are you trying to say that if you have a back log, you shouldn't be a gamepass subscriber?

TannerDemoz

Again, if you're paying for them, they're not free. If you stop paying, you lose access, so you aren't even "getting" them. "Getting" would imply that you own them forever, even if you cancel your subscription (ala Humble Monthly). £7.99 a month (the actual price in the UK) is £96 a year, which is roughly the price of a two new AAA games. It's not pedantic to use words correctly.

You better drop Sony a message then and tell them to stop advertising their PS+ games as 'free'. They must be having a nightmare.

gioGAF

Game Pass is like a gym membership. It makes sense for those people who truly use the facilities (service in this case), but I think the majority of people just end up throwing money away on this. They pay for Game Pass, play a game here and there, but they also end up buying the latest games (I doubt the big boys of online gaming are going to show up on Game Pass).

The games they buy are where they will spend most of their time (Call of Duty type stuff, current year sports titles, big EA/Acti/Ubi releases, etc.). With so many different companies vying for "player engagement", something like Game Pass or PS Now just ends up being an underutilized service that you are paying a monthly fee on.

If you got your shit together, you could make way better use of that $120 (Game Pass) or $240! (PS Now) you used on a subscription service. It also feels like these "services" will be used to erode other services in the long run (Games with Gold, PS+).

The nail on the coffin for me is that all of the games in the service have no DLC included, but the DLC can be purchased for said games as usual (you buy the DLC, it works with the Game Pass game). Feels like Game Pass is more of a Trojan horse for DLC than anything else. That is why those that are on board are on board. The games being offered are usually either dead, forgotten or super cheap to buy. Now they get a chance to sell the DLC again (you know, that part of the game that never goes down in price on consoles).

Game Pass and PS Now are NOT the same as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. The content difference is enormous, and I don't have to pay extra to watch the special holiday episode or secret ending to my chosen show or movie.

Valdega

You better drop Sony a message then and tell them to stop advertising their PS+ games as 'free'. They must be having a nightmare.

They should stop advertising them as free because they aren't free. However, it makes sense for them to do that because they want to convey themselves as pro-consumer. "Hey guys, look at all this free stuff we're giving you! Oh, ignore the fact that you have to pay a subscription fee to actually use any of it. Look over here! Free stuff!" As a consumer, you should be able to see past this charade.

MilkyJoe

I'm not sure it's a console seller right now, or even for the rest of this generation. Why? Because if you take people at their word, they're not buying an Xbox because they're apparently not interested in the exclusives Microsoft offers. Not sure making those same exclusives part of GamePass suddenly means those same people become interested.

Parents getting their kid their first console... Clerk tells them that with this one they get 100 games plus new releases for $10 a month. I dunno, seems like a winner to me.

thelastword

Banned
Genuine question. You do know people outside of your gaming group and thinking just might have a different perspective and play different things right.

You pull numbers out of your butt and make claims that have absolutely zero evidence. Like your Halo claims.

Like nobody said halo was the most watched and played shooter. Yet you rant as if I said halo 5 is the only shooter anyone is playing.

Your perspective of the market is flawed in so many ways I don't even know where to begin.

And if you honestly think streaming a game like gears 4 would be a smaller bandwith footprint over the lifetime of the game vs downloading it, you're straight up deluted.
My halo claims???? This is public information available on MS's site. I did not create the MP activity list. It's right there for all to see....The truth is Halo is no where close to as popular in MP as it used to be, the same for SP, but that goes without saying.

Like streaming games is now an advantage of psnow? this is the BIGGEST drawback of PSnow.. the games lag and are most of the time almost unplayable and not near as good as downloading the game and playing the game. seriously..
The games lag if your connection is not stable, but 5Mbits/s is more than enough to use the service and it works. Most people in the US have more than that, so here goes. If you have one internet connection in your home and choose to test PSNOW whilst the kids are downloading torrents, others are netflixing and others are playing PC games online, even Roblox or Minecraft, that's on you, but the service works and works well......

Which is the point I've been making, except the last bit, which is what the last paragraph on my initial post was about. There's no way XBOXNEX-TWO launches with Halo7, Gears 6, Forza 10, Fable 4 and they put all their triple A titles (next gen blow my eyeballs graphics and new IP's) on a new console with gamepass for 10.00 that launch month in 2019/2020. That will take XBOX under quicker than a Ronda Rousey roundhouse.....Business is about making money and this is not it.

70 games you have never played? lots of old shool indies, 360 games and old and grey launch multiplats....What time are you going to get to play all of those old games now? It's the same spiel people gave when MS gave BC with a Rez and AF uplift on XBONEX, as if, that was going to make them play through a 100+ hr Oblivion again at 30fps with dips in 2018, when all potatoe PC's can play this at 4k 60fps. People move on, they want new IP's, they want well done remakes if they're going back, they want their known and established IP's to push the envelope like the swinging mechanics in UC4 and the axe and bow in GOW, new settings (NORSE), top graphical fidelity with good framerates. This is where MS first party have failed, there's not much in a huge graphical fidelity upgrade or world settings minus a filtering and rez boost for the most part in existing franchises.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Anyone would think this is £40 $60 a month. It's optional £7 $10 just to try out a few games you wouldn't normally buy/try and some 1st party games. Who care's if Microsoft don't make money out of it . End of , nothing worth arguing about.
P.s i wish Sony had something like this for my Ps4 as i don't want extremely laggy washed out looking games on Ps Now.

Last edited:

jadedm17

It's as great as Netflix, but a constant subscription and rotation of titles mean owning a game is still a viable option; The pain of 30 Rock leaving Netflix still hurts.

RivalGT

Neo Member
It can be great if MS can get constantly get new software on the platform, having their first party games release there is a good start. Having 3rd party do the same would also be a big boost to the service. Game pass needs new content, having the old library of games there is nice, but the main attraction is being able to play new games, or try out new games without having to pay full price for them.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Most games on their if you owned them an tried to sell them you would be lucky to get £ 2each for them, it's mostly dead stock the games what are on Gamepass.
New Microsoft 1st party is a different kettle of fish though. Will be interesting though how it plays out.

Yeah, I don't get all of the indie game store pushback against it in its current state, but I get they don't like what it portends. It's mostly older games and MS first party. Are they writing off 3rd party Xbox sales? Don't the biggest 3rd party games usually dominate the overall top sellers list on the platform? Now if some 3rd parties start putting new or even new-ish games on there I can see those stores going apeshit over it.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Which is the point I've been making, except the last bit, which is what the last paragraph on my initial post was about. There's no way XBOXNEX-TWO launches with Halo7, Gears 6, Forza 10, Fable 4 and they put all their triple A titles (next gen blow my eyeballs graphics and new IP's) on a new console with gamepass for 10.00 that launch month in 2019/2020. That will take XBOX under quicker than a Ronda Rousey roundhouse.....Business is about making money and this is not it.

That's a fairly narrow minded view.

Netflix makes plenty of money. If they can hit 10 million subscribers by 2020 (fairly conservative number), you're talking about 100 million a month in revenue. A month. Over a year that's 1.2 billion. I'm fairly sure all the content on GamePass won't be costing them more than that by 2020 when they launch Xbox 5.

I guess if you haven't played those old games. MS exclusives still seem pretty weak to me. I tried sea of thieves and didn't like the game play at all.

Corrik

I am not convinced gamepass will be a console seller yet. I feel unfortunately a lot of people just simply will not give Xbox a chance at this point.

Top Bottom