• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass is five times more popular than PlayStation Now

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I was subbed for GP. Great service. But the sum bishes stole three of my games that I already owned that were also on GP. As soon as the games were no longer available on GP, I didn't have access to those games anymore. And you can't talk to a rep to get this matter resolved. They can suck it now. Microsoft done fucked up.
Did you go back to the store and redone load the games?

there is a download history ain’t there that you can go on and just redone load everything you have bought befor

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Did you go back to the store and redone load the games?

there is a download history ain’t there that you can go on and just redone load everything you have bought befor
Tried that. Gives me the option to buy or gift. I ain't buying shit. Yank my shit if you want to. Fuck GP.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Bryank75 Bryank75 Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 @

172j42.jpg

I'll buy that for a dollar.

DapperFrenchCamel-size_restricted.gif

Gavon West

I have game pass and that’s never happens to me. How long ago was this?
Seems a mad thing to happen.
Late February early March I believe. Days are blurring together from quarantine. lol

But if you already own the game and it goes away on GP, you lose access to those games. I'm livid over that shit. Pisses me off just thinking about. God damn trillion dollar company and they legit yanking people shit they spent good money on. Microsoft need to get some act right.

Late February early March I believe. Days are blurring together from quarantine. lol

But if you already own the game and it goes away on GP, you lose access to those games. I'm livid over that shit. Pisses me off just thinking about. God damn trillion dollar company and they legit yanking people shit they spent good money on. Microsoft need to get some act right.
Did you call customer support? They can see your purchases and you can regain access.

VAL0R

Banned
Gamepass makes no money, so they're 'crushing' nothing....

They also don't look at how it has impacted game sales on the platform and let me tell you game sales on Xbox are terrible compared to PlayStation.

Stupid article.
Phil Spencer, head of gaming at Microsoft repeatedly says that Game Pass is a huge financial success. Bryank75 Bryank75 , Sony fanboy and Neogaf Xbox thread troll says Game Pass makes no money. Who to believe!?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the best way currently to get the most time for the least amount of money on Gamepass?
Create new Xbox account. Sign up for $1 trial for your first month. Cancel recurring billing. Sign into Xbox or PC with that account, download and play games. When the trial month is up, rinse and repeat. Ideally, use a different credit card every time. You'll obviously lose your game progress between accounts. Total cost: $1.00/month.

If you want to do it on the same account like a normal sane person, the best value is pre-paying for 3 years of Xbox Live Gold ($60/year, you might be able to find cheaper deals if you shop around) then upgrading your account to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 which will convert your three years of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. Doing this method, you'll be out $181-ish dollars but you'll be good for the next three years. Total cost: $5.02/month.

If you're already a subscriber and in the US, Best Buy and Amazon have occasionally run deals where you buy 3 months of subscription time ($45) and get 3 additional months free. So $45 for 6 months, or $7.50/month if you can wait for this deal to happen again. It's popped up about 4-5 times since Christmas. Total cost: $7.50/month

Last edited:

Gavon West

Did you call customer support? They can see your purchases and you can regain access.
There's currently no number to reach them. Its all automated now. I looked all over the place. If you go to the Xbox site, it has some automated feature or you can ask someone in the community. Not doing it...

Phil Spencer, head of gaming at Microsoft repeatedly says that Game Pass is a huge financial success. Bryank75 Bryank75 , Sony fanboy and Neogaf Xbox thread troll says Game Pass makes no money. Who to believe!?
Phil ‘I’m a gamer’ Spencer is hardly going to say ‘we’re losing money is he.
He’s actually said gamers shouldn’t be concerned if it’s making money or not and to just enjoy the games.
experiencing huge numbers and growth doesn’t necessarily mean profit.

There barely releasing any first party games on it yet as they’re still making them. So they’re paying lots to get 3rd games on the service and offering it for a dollar.

Vawn

Banned
Seeing how people got GamePass for $1 a month and PS Now is mostly just a way to stream older games, I'd be surprised if the difference was any less.

I just hope PlayStation doesn't ever go fully with the GamePass model. Their exclusives are too valuable to trade them in for cheaper games just good enough to keep people subscribed to a monthly rental service.

They also don't look at how it has impacted game sales on the platform and let me tell you game sales on Xbox are terrible compared to PlayStation.

Stupid article.
Lol Netflix also made no money but look at where they are now same with other services at first it makes no money does not matter the point is you build up the subscribers numbers than the investor will invest than you get the money it worth way more than some games sales. Hate to break it to you but services like gamepass are the future and digital games sales are also the future Xbox knows it that why they are changing Sony have to too or they will get left behind it that simple.

Vawn

Banned
Hate to break it to you but services like gamepass are the future and digital games sales are also the future Xbox knows it that why they are changing Sony have to too or they will get left behind it that simple.

Been hearing this stuff from Xbox fans since the original Xbox. I've yet to see PlayStation get left behind. Just the opposite, actually - generation after generation.

Bryank75

Banned
Lol Netflix also made no money but look at where they are now same with other services at first it makes no money does not matter the point is you build up the subscribers numbers than the investor will invest than you get the money it worth way more than some games sales. Hate to break it to you but services like gamepass are the future and digital games sales are also the future Xbox knows it that why they are changing Sony have to too or they will get left behind it that simple.
Left behind?

No, as long as they have great exclusives and good hardware, they will be successful... they don't need to run after the company in 3rd place.

We don't see Nintendo chasing this strategy and I'd prefer if Sony would stay closer to them than MS. Sony are not good at services and customer services, so it just isn't a fit.

thelastword

Banned
Been hearing this stuff from Xbox fans since the original Xbox. I've yet to see PlayStation get left behind. Just the opposite, actually - generation after generation.
I swear the more I hear about XBOX crushing anything, it's the less they crush....It's like opposites. I think XBOX's best chance is to un-hype it. Maybe they will deliver then. All the fake hype is spooking XBOX something fierce..

Left behind?

No, as long as they have great exclusives and good hardware, they will be successful... they don't need to run after the company in 3rd place.

We don't see Nintendo chasing this strategy and I'd prefer if Sony would stay closer to them than MS. Sony are not good at services and customer services, so it just isn't a fit.
Exclusive can only get you so far exclusive alone cannot make up for the PS Now low subscribers numbers compare to how much the console sales 110 million i mean 2 million out of 110 million subscribe to PS Now is pretty bad.

I can guess why, constantly offering $1 trials, I've had more than a few "trials" and only been charged $1 for a month or $2.00 for two months, always cancelled before renewal though. MS also markets the crap out of it, hell Greenberg turned an acceptance speech for an award Turn 10 won into a commercial for game pass at the 2018 game awards. Sony has only recently started even advertising PlayStation Now in any real way and even then it's not a whole lot.

They will if they don't make changes to PS Now and get their own servers insteading of renting it.

Stupid article.
😂😂 Wait till real stats are shared with profit and revenue being known not just lumped up in this ball of revenue but profits get excluded.

Sony got that 🔥🔥🔥 for that ass.
What a disingenuous piece of shit article..... there are news reports everywhere saying PS4 sales are well over 110 million.

XBox sales are at 46 million. That is much less than half. You can't just cut 10 million from PlayStation sales.... cut 10 million away from XBox too, in that case.....

What an annoying load of shit.
Something cheaper is more popular

RevolvingNegligibleIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif

You guys are so right. Microsoft should sit back and let Sony shit all over them, I mean any attempt they make to improve services at affordable prices and have more revenue in their business decisions is just a futile effort in their ultimate demise in the video game industry.

🙄

Last edited:
Well even a few years ago when Witcher 3 launched it was 4 to 1.... 4 copies sold on PS4 to every copy on Xbox.

I saw a few months ago Gears sales and they seem to have completely caved, I'm chalking it up to gamepass. Letting people play a new game for 1 dollar instead of them paying 60 or more is just stupid frankly.

Yeah man, please show us your business credentials. The guys at MS run a business, you run a Neogaf troll account. End.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For a week? 🤔 And only can be redeemed once🤔😂😂😂
The $1 trial that everyone keeps talking about, also can only be redeemed once per account. If you don't believe me, try signing up for Game Pass and paying $1, cancelling, and try signing up again the next month and see how much they charge you.

Klayzer

The better gamer friendly model without question is Gamepass. The better business model is the Sony model because, they dont have to debut their new 1st party games on day one to sell the service.

Sony gets all the cake from retail and digital sales/dlc for the initial release, and then when sales slow down, they release the game on PSNow for a possible subscriber boost. I think in the long run, Sony's model might win out. Just my opinion.

Gamernyc78

Banned
The $1 trial that everyone keeps talking about, also can only be redeemed once per account. If you don't believe me, try signing up for Game Pass and paying $1, cancelling, and try signing up again the next month and see how much they charge you.

I'll try it I subbed once for a $1 if I see the promotion again now you have me wondering if I could again. Will suck if I can't.

thelastword

Banned
Reminds me of Phil always saying 'it's our biggest E3 ever', it just loses meaning after a while.
Yeah, he surely killed those terms. They hype to the heavens. games, hardware, sales or MAU. Then the reality settles in. Even what we are discussing here, five times the PSNOW numbers, MS has to know people would talk about how most of these subs were wrought, they were not at $15 per month. So to bring such a talking point means very little and it can be broken down easily because profitability is not a high point with these subs. The other thing is, how many are active subs of gamepass. I'm on gamepass and in as much as people say you get free games, not much there holds any interest to me and the only game I've played is Gears 5. Also, I have most of the games on PC already, I own them, and I'd rather have them on Steam too.

Exclusive can only get you so far exclusive alone cannot make up for the PS Now low subscribers numbers compare to how much the console sales 110 million i mean 2 million out of 110 million subscribe to PS Now is pretty bad.

Doesn't matter MS and Sony have totally different strategies. How many copies do you think Gears of War 5 sold for MS? didn't even make the NPD top 20 the month after release it only got to number 7 the month of release and NPD covers their strongest market by far the United States.

Sony has had more 10 million plus selling exclusives this gen then they ever have before, there is a reason why PSN alone makes more money for Sony than ALL of Xbox does for Microsoft and has for a while now. Think about it PSN brings in more money than Xbox console sales, physical and digital game sales, game pass, Xbox live gold subscriptions, controllers/accessories etc.

Sony's focus isn't on subscription services PSNow is just there as an option, most PlayStation gamers probably aren't interested in a subscription service right now anyway and it'd be stupid to put games that are selling millions of copies into a service where people can play them on launch day for $10 a month. That would be the fastest way to make sure that the AAA exclusives we are used to on PlayStation end up becoming a thing of the past.

Top Bottom