• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass is five times more popular than PlayStation Now

Vawn

Banned
So being consumer friendly and not charging 60 bucks for games when it on gamepass is watered down wtf is that logic lol so you prefer to get rip off and paid full price for everything. And Nintendo remaking another Mario game and charging full price is anti consumer.

Crackdown 3 existing is anti-consumer.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
"Witcher 3 (which Xbox people love to claim) sold 4 times more on PlayStation."
Sold 4 times more on PlayStation you said but the numbers below shows otherwise are we making up fake stats now lol.

• PC: ~12 million
  • PS4: ~ 10.8 million
  • Xbox One: ~ 4.3 million
  • Nintendo Switch: ~ 700,000
  • Total: ~28.3 million
Nearly 3 times, still a lot more.... still embarrassing for people who pretty much claim Witcher as theirs on Xbox.

Nearly 3 times, still a lot more.... still embarrassing for people who pretty much claim Witcher as theirs on Xbox.
Witcher series of games is a PC Game first and foremost it was on PC first and it runs and look the best on PC and Witcher 2 was a Xbox Exclusive on console that why many Xbox fans claim it but it is still a PC Game first and your math is way off it sold twice as much cause twice as many people bought the PS4.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Witcher series of games is a PC Game first and foremost it was on PC first and it runs and look the best on PC and Witcher 2 was a Xbox Exclusive that why many Xbox fans claim it but it is still a PC Game first and your math is way off it sold twice as much cause twice as many people bought the PS4.

10.8 million vs 4.3 million

Bryank75

Banned
Witcher series of games is a PC Game first and foremost it was on PC first and it runs and look the best on PC and Witcher 2 was a Xbox Exclusive that why many Xbox fans claim it but it is still a PC Game first and your math is way off it sold twice as much cause twice as many people bought the PS4.
2.51 times, to be exact...which you round up to a full number as is custom in maths... 3.

Damn they must of waters down spiderman because that’s on the subscription service now?

forza horizon is every bit as good and maybe better than all the previous horizons games. No watering down there.

there are loads of incredible games on GamePass, including some from XGS

But he is in every GamePass thread flinging shit against the wall. Don’t expect logical arguments

Meh, wasn't too bad for a miss-remembered stat.... anyway, the point was to show how game sales had cratered since after then.
Meh, wasn't too bad for a miss-remembered stat.... anyway, the point was to show how game sales had cratered since after then.
It not really cratered it is proportionate twice as many people bought the PS4 so i expect it to sales twice as many games that just how it is.

Last edited:
😂😂 Wait till real stats are shared with profit and revenue being known not just lumped up in this ball of revenue but profits get excluded.

Sony got that 🔥🔥🔥 for that ass.
What a disingenuous piece of shit article..... there are news reports everywhere saying PS4 sales are well over 110 million.

XBox sales are at 46 million. That is much less than half. You can't just cut 10 million from PlayStation sales.... cut 10 million away from XBox too, in that case.....

What an annoying load of shit.
One is free, the other isn’t.
So more subs at giveaway prices and Gamepass is crushing PSNOW. Sound logic surely. One of these two are profitable, I wonder which one....:unsure:
Been hearing this stuff from Xbox fans since the original Xbox. I've yet to see PlayStation get left behind. Just the opposite, actually - generation after generation.
Something cheaper is more popular

RevolvingNegligibleIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif
SDF ASSEEEEEEEEMBLLLLLE

For real, if it’s positive news about MS or Gamepass it might as well be the bat signal for you guys.

Saying “but it’s cheaper/only a dollar” doesn’t change anything. You’re simply reinforcing the fact that GP is much better value than Now. You further reinforce it when ever you try and shift the conversation to “but the consoles sold are greater than 2 to 1!“ yes, that is correct. Well done highlighting the abysmal adoption rate of Now compared to Gamepass.

Or the classic “akshually, Sony haven’t even marketed Now”. Well done, in your rush to defend your favourite product you’ve pointed out something they’re shit at.

No one is saying you guys have to like Gamepass, or subscriptions, or Xbox or MS or Phil Spencer. The fact you get so triggered simply by the word “crushing” (which is an apt description. If PS4 crushed Xbox One by being ~2.5 to 1 in sales, surely Gamepass being 5 to 1 in subs compared to Now also fits this definition) is frankly pathetic. Is it so hard to resist spewing bile over a “rival” product.

Gamernyc78

Banned
SDF ASSEEEEEEEEMBLLLLLE

For real, if it’s positive news about MS or Gamepass it might as well be the bat signal for you guys.

Saying “but it’s cheaper/only a dollar” doesn’t change anything. You’re simply reinforcing the fact that GP is much better value than Now. You further reinforce it when ever you try and shift the conversation to “but the consoles sold are greater than 2 to 1!“ yes, that is correct. Well done highlighting the abysmal adoption rate of Now compared to Gamepass.

Or the classic “akshually, Sony haven’t even marketed Now”. Well done, in your rush to defend your favourite product you’ve pointed out something they’re shit at.

No one is saying you guys have to like Gamepass, or subscriptions, or Xbox or MS or Phil Spencer. The fact you get so triggered simply by the word “crushing” (which is an apt description. If PS4 crushed Xbox One by being ~2.5 to 1 in sales, surely Gamepass being 5 to 1 in subs compared to Now also fits this definition) is frankly pathetic. Is it so hard to resist spewing bile over a “rival” product.

Yeah we are triggered /s. How do you feel now?

T_LVPL

Microsoft is a much richer company than Sony and therefore has unlimited budget to spend on these sorts of services, which are aimed entirely at people who sold their PS2/xbox/360/PS3 a few years ago to buy the newer console. And it’s not like these games were Nintendo golden age quality, i can see why people still pay nintendo a lot for those. 90% of psnow are games which have aged badly.

Gamepass is a blessing for AA games. i wonder how many AA game garnered a bunch of fans who would have never played if it wasn't for Gamepass. I've been addicted to "The Long Dark" a game I would have never played if it wasn't for Gamepass. If they drop a sequel they have my money.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Love gamepass, it will be a key differentiator for a lot of people when choosing a primary console next gen.
I'll definitely have both Sony and Microsoft boxes but likely will treat one as an exclusives box and the other as where everything else is played. The cost of entry, especially if you play a lot of different types of games is much less with gamepass.
Sure feels like a lot of 'worry' for multi billion dollar companies in this thread

SDF ASSEEEEEEEEMBLLLLLE

I can only assume a couple of them have some sort of script running that sounds a horn in their homes when a GamePass thread is posted. They are in every single one of them shitting it up and downplaying.

Havoc2049

Gamepass makes no money, so they're 'crushing' nothing....

They also don't look at how it has impacted game sales on the platform and let me tell you game sales on Xbox are terrible compared to PlayStation.

Stupid article.
When it comes to modern gaming, you are discounting tons of revenue streams if you only focus on game sales. What are the combined physical and digital sales for some of the big AAA games on the Xbox platform this gen? Also, how much money has Microsoft made on digital content sold through all those games? You would also need to find the average of of what people are paying each month on Gamepass and Xbox Live (many people trying Gamepass are already Xbox Live users) subscriptions, as it ranges anywhere from $1.00 to $15 per person, per month. Unless you know all those numbers, you can’t really make an informed argument on whether Gamepass is a success or not. To focus solely on physical game sales is a short sighted simpleton argument.

I wish Sony and Xbox the best for next gen and sub services like Game Pass. However I can't stand the fucking platform fanboys, fuck me give it a rest ladies and gents. You'll still be playing on your choice of platform without a care about the other. Imagine for a moment there are gamers that play on and own all platforms, unheard of I know.

As for Game Pass killing it, they deserve all the praise they get, brilliant service to be a part of.

Last edited:
Imagine my surprise that this thread devolved into shit flinging...
Doesn't need to.

Xbox offers their service for $1
Sony offers theirs for $10

Both are good good services and they are cheap AF for both userbases so there should be no shit flinging.

Sometimes it almost feels impossible for there not to be any shit flinging regardless of the thread title or topic.

Lol al all those $1! posts. So if they have big YoY increase by this time next year they’ll still be $1 though!

I mean I consider myself pretty up to date on the ongoings in gaming. And I was too late for the $1 madness. How many of those new sign ups (late adopters) do people think were aware of the stacking.

Maaad reaching going on in here.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

SDF ASSEEEEEEEEMBLLLLLE

Quite a sad group of people these fanboys are jerking off to their big plastic boxes. Even sadder that some of these folks are "adults".

If that's what you think of the future of Game Streaming, then Sony is screwed in that market. Netflix makes no money and they have 140+ Million paying subscribers and no one else is close.

That's one of the many reasons streaming isn't meant to be the future of gaming, sadly some people keep trying to push that narrative and have been since the start of this generation.

Sony doesn't need the streaming market when they can still be so successful in the hardware business, they still have plenty of time to make adjustments if they need to be made. Even Phil Spencer says streaming is never going to offer the same quality as a console, too many people confuse people who game on phones with actual console gamers and we don't play the same things nor do we want our games to be made to need to tap a screen or carry a controller that hooks up to a phone case with us everywhere.

"Witcher 3 (which Xbox people love to claim) sold 4 times more on PlayStation."
Sold 4 times more on PlayStation you said but the numbers below shows otherwise are we making up fake stats now lol.

• PC: ~12 million
  • PS4: ~ 10.8 million
  • Xbox One: ~ 4.3 million
  • Nintendo Switch: ~ 700,000
  • Total: ~28.3 million

Roughly 2.5 times is still a big difference, MS even had the marketing rights to the game at least in the US.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Imagine my surprise that this thread devolved into shit flinging...

It always amazes me how vested Sony fans are in trolling Game Pass threads. They see the phrase Game Pass and it's like waving a red flag at a bull, all the Game Pass trolls come charging in.

I'm sure Daniels, M is proud they're all continuing his legacy.

It always amazes me how vested Sony fans are in trolling Game Pass threads. They see the phrase Game Pass and it's like waving a red flag at a bull, all the Game Pass trolls come charging in.

I'm sure Daniels, M is proud they're all continuing his legacy.

This isn't a GP thread it's a thread comparing subscriber numbers between services, there are reasons for these numbers and if someone doesn't want PSnow talk in the thread they shouldn't put it in the title.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Gamepass is a blessing for AA games. i wonder how many AA game garnered a bunch of fans who would have never played if it wasn't for Gamepass. I've been addicted to "The Long Dark" a game I would have never played if it wasn't for Gamepass. If they drop a sequel they have my money.

OMG - I'm playing and loving The Long Dark right now. I never even heard of it before it appeared on GP. Discovering games I never would have played otherwise is one of many reasons I love Game Pass.

scalman

Its not same thing , what you comparing here? Online gaming ps now its like xbox xcloud. Nothing to do with game pass here.

MaulerX

Unless Sony starts putting all their axclusives on PSNow on day one (and keep them there) it will always play second fiddle to Gamepass.

Kagey K

Banned
This isn't a GP thread it's a thread comparing subscriber numbers between services, there are reasons for these numbers and if someone doesn't want PSnow talk in the thread they shouldn't put it in the title.
One services numbers are 5X better on half the playerbase = $1.00 deals 🤪🤪🤪

Lets get mad at promotional pricing instead of the actual value these services offer.

Last edited:

Gravemind

I can only assume a couple of them have some sort of script running that sounds a horn in their homes when a GamePass thread is posted. They are in every single one of them shitting it up and downplaying.

Pretty pathetic. It's the same group of Sony warriors derailing every thread whenever Xbox or Microsoft is mentioned in the title.

Gamepass is more popular and is an overall better service than PSNow. Not sure what is so hard to accept about that, and not sure why Sony's honour as to be defended over that fact.

You'd think these guys wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night due to gamepass related nightmares.

I don't understand. What percentage of consumers just randomly plays whatever is in a certain pass/bundle, and how many exclusively want to play specific games that they chose themselves? I wouldn't want to be playing what's currently on the menu, I like to pick my games one by one. I don't even have the time to try things out or play something that I'm not really interested in. Am I in a minority here? I refuse to believe that.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I don't understand. What percentage of consumers just randomly plays whatever is in a certain pass/bundle, and how many exclusively want to play specific games that they chose themselves? I wouldn't want to be playing what's currently on the menu, I like to pick my games one by one. I don't even have the time to try things out or play something that I'm not really interested in. Am I in a minority here? I refuse to believe that.
The fun thing is, (wait for it.... wait for it....)

You can do both. You can choose to buy the games you want to and also subscribe to have a bunch of games you didn’t want to buy (but wanted time play) Similar to renting them from Blockbuster in the past, but cheaper and with no late fees.

Mind blown..... right?

It’s not one or the other, you can do both or one or none.

Such is the wonder of consumerism.

12Dannu123

That's one of the many reasons streaming isn't meant to be the future of gaming, sadly some people keep trying to push that narrative and have been since the start of this generation.

Sony doesn't need the streaming market when they can still be so successful in the hardware business, they still have plenty of time to make adjustments if they need to be made. Even Phil Spencer says streaming is never going to offer the same quality as a console, too many people confuse people who game on phones with actual console gamers and we don't play the same things nor do we want our games to be made to need to tap a screen or carry a controller that hooks up to a phone case with us everywhere.

Of course, Sony can choose not to focus on the streaming market, but to entirely ignore it is foolish. The race already began, with Stadia XCloud, all being preinstalled on other devices and driving brand and mindshare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom