• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass rumored to add a major FPS this fall (speculation on new battlefield)

FjI6hVM.gif

We getting too much good shii on Gpass. But I'll spend my time more on Infinite. But if BF6 turned out to be the rumored game.... big bang for your bucks!!!?

graywolf323

Battlefield 6 is the rumour, and it may well end up true as EA PLay is already on Gamepass.
Megaton.
EA gives trials for new games on EA Play though, the game doesn't get added to the vault until around a year later give or take a few months

I'd be shocked if it's Battlefield 6 because that's guaranteed to be a huge seller, I can't imagine how big a check Microsoft would have to cut to EA for that

though I also didn't expect MLB to happen so who knows

Stuart360

EA gives trials for new games on EA Play though, the game doesn't get added to the vault until around a year later give or take a few months

I'd be shocked if it's Battlefield 6 because that's guaranteed to be a huge seller, I can't imagine how big a check Microsoft would have to cut to EA for that

though I also didn't expect MLB to happen so who knows
Yeah but think about it, everything is already set up as EA Play is already integrated into Gamepass. It would also be bringing people to EA Play not just Gamepass. And its Battlefield, and its EA, so it will probably be bang full of downloadable stuff and mtx, dlc, etc. EA may think the money from potentially millions of extra gamers buying stuff in the stores, outweighs what they would lose in sales. Plus Microsoft will be compensating them in some way.
I mean you only have to look at how much money COD makes from its store to see why this could potentially be a desirable option for EA.

FrozenFlame

Why would this guy know something so far ahead of time? From what I recall when I asked here, he only got the FF7R being part of PS Plus right, so how come there's so many threas about his tweets? Honest question, I'm not interested in console wars.

Old Empire.

CrossfireX is an upcoming first-person shooter set to be released exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S in 2021

Fits the timeline and its a first-person shooter and likely be in gamepass day one. Its third game, so its new!

Banned
Highly doubt its BF

there are only 2 "major" FPS that are third party, and these are BF and CoD... and I doubt it is the one with a Sony timed exclusivity deal for in-game content, aka CoD :)
also BF is EA and EA Play is already in GamePass Ultimate, so if EA decides that BF6 will be day 1 on EA Play it will also be in GamePass Ultimate, but maybe they will bring it into normal gamepass as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom