• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass rumored to add a major FPS this fall (speculation on new battlefield)

reksveks

Do we count DLC as MTX?

What if its BF6 but you would need to sign up to a ea premium add on?

I say this as a person whom signed up to BFI player on Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
For sake of upselling sales, I dont get how they don't allow gamers to try a game, since there's hardly any demos like the 360/PS3 days, I don't see why MS or Sony don't allow gamers to download and play a game for lets say an hour to test it out. It doesn't even have to be an hour.

It's doable.

XBLIG used to allow every gamer I think 10 minutes of free trial per game. Then the trial ended and if you wanted to keep progress you paid up. So devs dont even have to spend time making a playable demo download. It's the final game.

A lot of games I bought back then were from testing the demo or trial. For me it wasn't even about trying to do as much as possible. It was just to test out the gameplay and if it ran well.

I'd agree but sadly I think the fact that most unlocks/modes now have grinding to get the really cool stuff and make it less important. BF4 first ten hours are vastly different after 40 hours with unlocks etc. The first 10 hours of Div2 are much different than WT5 and endgame (not in terms of point and shoot), but in terms of options, weapons and missions. So I think now it's easier to wait for people to get to the endgames and then ask for money when they are hooked.

ZywyPL

Banned
In a year or so, when the license is revoked or deal ends there will be a decision then about pricing where you can then buy it to continue playing for say £19.99 etc. I think that's the hook ultimately (at least with the bigger games) - I actually don't mind the model, it gives you a chance to get your value out of the title but then buy it at a reasonable price later if you want to continue to play it as one of your online/committed titles.

Yeah, people forget that some games will stay on the service forever (1st party) while others will eventually disappear. But that being said, a game like BF has a new installment once every 2-3 years, meaning that if this year's installment would disappear somewhere in the future no one would really care, as they'd be playing the newest one already. And even if, then after such time the games cost only a fraction of their initial price.

Arun1910

After a bit more thought... maybe it is the new Battlefield.

However, if it is, I'm going to be shocked in a good way. This will be the first Day 1 AAA game that is actually appealing in my case for GP.

It also makes me fear for servers on launch 🤣

I’m guessing a COD game or maybe a new Battlefield. Maybe COD Warzone? Is t they only on PlayStation for now? It could even be something like a Battlefront 3 as well.

ZywyPL

Banned
I’m guessing a COD game or maybe a new Battlefield. Maybe COD Warzone? Is t they only on PlayStation for now? It could even be something like a Battlefront 3 as well.

IMO not a chance for CoD given it's sales, it simply prints too much money for Acivision from the units sold alone, even MS wouldn't be able to afford an appearance on GP.

Derktron

Banned
If this happened, Sony can't just sit there and play dumb anymore. They have to be aggressive with this and do the same. Sony would be cocky if they didn't do anything.

Derktron

Banned
IMO not a chance for CoD given it's sales, it simply prints too much money for Acivision from the units sold alone, even MS wouldn't be able to afford an appearance on GP.
I agree, also Sony has marketing rights to Call of Duty still imagine if that happened.

Pull n Pray

Banned
I don't think it is BF6. This game will be on Game Pass 6 months after release, or whatever the typical time period is for an EA game to come to EA Play.

My guess would be either COD or Back 4 Blood.

M16

If this happened, Sony can't just sit there and play dumb anymore. They have to be aggressive with this and do the same. Sony would be cocky if they didn't do anything.
what do you expect them to do? they dont have the resources like microsoft to take losses for years to grow something like gamepass. you can see what sony is already doing to reduce losses by closing studio, jacking up the price of games, porting some of their titles to pc to get extra revenue, closing the older game stores,etc..

the only thing they can really do is continue to moneyhat 3rd parties,but you're still gonna have to pay $70. microsoft is coming right back by putting 3rd parties day one on gamepass.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Halo Infinite was already known. With Microsoft's relationship with EA, especially all the Game Pass stuff, I really can't help but imagine it's the new Battlefield. That'd be pretty insane!

Derktron

Banned
what do you expect them to do? they dont have the resources like microsoft to take losses for years to grow something like gamepass. you can see what sony is already doing to reduce losses by closing studio, jacking up the price of games, porting some of their titles to pc to get extra revenue, closing the older game stores,etc..

the only thing they can really do is continue to moneyhat 3rd parties,but you're still gonna have to pay $70. microsoft is coming right back by putting 3rd parties day one on gamepass.
Get Call of Duty day 1 on PS Now or do a limited time on Call of Duty for a couple months like Gamepass games stay in the catalog. Not hard to figure out.

JackMcGunns

Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

New use for this guy
TuIJHDc.jpg

But this one seems more appropriate

Hcq7kdA.jpg

Tiamat2san

We need a Phil spencer gif for the « another one » thing.
So each team can fire at each other.

it’s too confusing right now.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This will not be BF6. I just can't imagine EA doing that unless it was console only.

I think it will be Back 4 Blood, or an unannounced title.

Last edited:

Banned
LOL. Out of all the BF games, BF5 and Hardline are the only ones I never played. I even played 1943 on XBL (hated it). I never bothered with Hardline as it looked like an offshoot game, but given how I hate giant maps with snipers everywhere if there's one BF I should have tried is that game. lol

also the main mode they introduced here is super fun as well, you have one team as the cops and one team as the bank robbers that need to get into the vault and bring the cash to a helicopter in time, the city map was extremely fun in that mode.

Renozokii

if Microsoft paid enough for bf6 to launch day one on gamepass Sony couldn’t outbid them anyway. It eludes me why people are using the ludicrous and unsustainable amounts of money Microsoft is throwing to make Xbox relevant again this gen against Sony. Sony making a service to launch all their games on day one doesn’t make sense for the same reason Jim Ryan said, they spend over a hundred million dollars to make their larger games and unlike Microsoft’s first party line up (save for forza) those games are in massive demand. Why people want Sony to follow Microsoft so badly when it’s Microsoft having to spend literal billions to even make this whole thing somewhat work is beyond me.

Warzone is free to play.
Yes I know, but COD is the only major one I can really think of besides maybe Battlefield or even something like Medal of Honor. I thought it could possibly be an enhanced, newer or improved version of Warzone or something for Gamepass as well. Doubtful though.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
More and more rumors about this, could there be some truth to this?

unknown.png

The arrival of BF6 on the Game Pass from day one appears to be a possibility, especially since EA Play is available on Microsoft's gaming service.
In fact, since mid-March 2021, Xbox Game Pass subscribers can enjoy EA's subscription game service at no additional cost, which houses all of the US publisher's flagship licenses, such as The Sims, Dead Space, Mass Effect, FIFA, NHL or even Battlefield of course.

With a simultaneous release on Game Pass and in stores, Battlefield 6 would secure a substantial player base as soon as it was released and the idea of being able to play the title without having to pay full price for it could well push Call of Duty fans. to turn to its main competitor.

jigglet

Banned
The regular BF: that would be a huge win.

The rumoured battle royale mode: stupid. It needs to be completely free. Not $59. Not $1 a month. Free. Unless you want your players waiting millions of years in match making, it needs to be free in order to build a huge playerbase fast.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Even if we assume the new Battlefield is next gen only, the player base GamePass creates is pretty big.

My ideal outcome is it releases Day 1 on GamePass (Xbox/PC) and PS+ and will be CrossPlay. #TheDream

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The regular BF: that would be a huge win.

The rumoured battle royale mode: stupid. It needs to be completely free. Not $59. Not $1 a month. Free. Unless you want your players waiting millions of years in match making, it needs to be free in order to build a huge playerbase fast.
I suppose, if this actually happen, that the BR will be free indeed like it's rumored to be.

jigglet

Banned
I suppose, if this actually happen, that the BR will be free indeed like it's rumored to be.

Oh it's already rumoured to be free? Alright looks like these companies are starting to get it. I was left scratching my head when Blackout and BFV's BR modes were behind a $60 paywall.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
its good for xbox owners i mean if microsoft willing to shell out alot of money which its not a concern for them

Perrott

Gold Member
Although I'm really happy with my experience with PC Game Pass so far, I have to say that I'm not 100% sold on PC gaming for these big blockbuster titles as I found console gaming a more convinient way to enjoy these type of games. So that's why I'm planning on using this new Battlefield as the perfect excuse to get myself a Digital PS5 later this year once stock stops to be an issue.

Last edited:
Is that same guy who said Xbox Live gold is going away and AC Valhalla will be 4k and 60 FPS on Series X or how power of the cloud will make Xbox One four times more powerful or Xbox is buying WB Games.

Although I'm really happy with my experience with PC Game Pass so far, I have to say that I'm not 100% sold on PC gaming for these big blockbuster titles as I found console gaming a more convinient way to enjoy these type of games. So that's why I'm planning on using this new Battlefield as the perfect excuse to get myself a Digital PS5 later this year once stock stops to be an issue.
Of course. What better way to justify the purchase of a PS5. Sure you could play it basically free on your current pc, and do the same on a series S/X aside from the cost of the console itself... But the "perfect excuse" is to not only pay the cost of for a console, but to also pay another $70 on top of that for the game as well. While it sits in your Gamepass... Doing nothing...

Sounds like a solid plan.

Top Bottom