• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 1-month $1

GreatnessRD

Yeah, I'm confused as well. So I need to buy Xbox Live first then buy the gamepass Ultimate? Or since I'm using it for PC, I can just buy $6 worth of Ultimate to last me through the year and not have to buy Gold as well?

EDIT: Think I found the answer to my question. Just need to buy Gamepass. Ok, Let's go!

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm confused as well. So I need to buy Xbox Live first then buy the gamepass Ultimate? Or since I'm using it for PC, I can just buy $6 worth of Ultimate to last me through the year and not have to buy Gold as well?

EDIT: Think I found the answer to my question. Just need to buy Gamepass. Ok, Let's go!
Yeah me too
Can someone explain to me how to do this? Please !!

I've already detailed the steps on how to do it in the main original post guys! Google will help out future if you need, but it will be the same steps in the OP. This has been going on for a long time now, and MS hasn't shut it down yet, so I'm 100% sure this is what MS wants. Good luck!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As OP said, for anyone doing it for the first time, make sure to buy the Gold membership first, then apply the $1 GPU deal.

If you do the GPU $1 thing first, then you cant add more Gold to it. So let's say you have 1 year of Gold membership, then add the $1 GPU. That's it you're done. Adding two more years of Gold won't extend your GPU two more years.

So figure out how much Gold membership you are wiling to commit to upfront (max is 3 years total), then apply the $1 thing.

Last edited:

Xyort

Neo Member
Is there a way to buy 36 months of Game Pass PC for $1 each? I don't see the point of subbing to Gold if you don't have an Xbox.

Nydus

Gold Member
Works in Germany. But I bought one 12 months to many. (36 month is a hard Limit so you can't redeem 3x12 months if it would go over 36 months) Buy 2x12 and 1x6 months and grab the 1 extra month each for auto renew.

Last edited:
Works in Germany. But I bought one 12 months to many. (36 month is a hard Limit so you can't redeem 3x12 months if it would go over 36 months) Buy 2x12 and 1x6 months and grab the 1 extra month each for auto renew.

Correct, I found that out the hard way yesterday. Wish someone else would have said that before :messenger_grinning_smiling:

MS gave me one extra month on the first two and I can't use the 3rd card until Nov 26th. Sooooo no ultimate for me until that date as I want to switch over for the full 3 years.

No worries as Demons Souls is first up for me anyway. And Im going to see if I can find copies of Portal and Portal 2.

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member
Correct, I found that out the hard way yesterday. Wish someone else would have said that before :messenger_grinning_smiling:

MS gave me one extra month on the first two and I can't use the 3rd card until Nov 26th. Sooooo no ultimate for me until that date as I want to switch over for the full 3 years.

No worries as Demons Souls is first up for me anyway. And Im going to see if I can find copies of Portal and Portal 2.
Does the 1€ upgrade work so long? I was a bit worried that it would stop when game pass leaves beta or the series X launches :/

Does the 1€ upgrade work so long? I was a bit worried that it would stop when game pass leaves beta or the series X launches :/
I called MS to see if they could take 2 months off so I could apply the 3rd card and she said she didn't think it was going away.

longdi

Banned
Does this work if you already own gamepass ultimate?

If you are talking about converting 12 month XBLG to 12 month GPU
You have to let your current GPU expired.
And then claim the 12 month XBLG.
And then sign up again for GPU, which converts the 12months XBLG to 12 month GPU.

You have to pay the full 1 month GPU subs.
Do not claim your 12 month XBLG while you are still on GPU, it will only give you 4 months of GPU

Nydus

Gold Member
$60 for 12 months, less than $40 if you know how to use a Brazil VPN.

I did it for 2 years, no problem.
Wow that's expensive. I got 12 months for 45€ on cdkeys. 60$ is alot :(

Anyway, good to hear that the offer doesn't seem to go away soon. I grabbed 2 years and 10 months. Close enough for me. And the 12 months I bought too much I could sell to a friend. :)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sweet deal.

Hopefully Microsoft offer six months free Gamepass with every XSX/S purchase. If they did that I'd certainly buy a new Xbox.

John Wick

You can buy 3 years of Gold from CDKeys or other sellers. It only cost me £23/year for Brazilian Gold. Use VPN and stack it. Then apply the £1 Ultimate gamepass. If you already have it or used it then you need it to expire. You will have to pay the 1 month amount £11.99 and the rest will convert over. You won't get it for £1 but your local monthly amount

Last edited:

FastOrc

Ok, so let me get this right, i go and get 2 years of Xbox live gold, i then go and put the codes in my Xbox or online to activate the 2 years of xbox live.
after this, i get the £1 game pass ultimate. then game pass ultimate will run for 2 years with my Xbox live gold.

Ok, so let me get this right, i go and get 2 years of Xbox live gold, i then go and put the codes in my Xbox or online to activate the 2 years of xbox live.
after this, i get the £1 game pass ultimate. then game pass ultimate will run for 2 years with my Xbox live gold.
It gets converted into 2 years of game pass ultimate.

Dynasty8

Hope someone can help me out here...

I Haven't played Xbox in about 3-4 years. If I buy 3 years of Xbox Live right now and redeem the codes, what do I do next? I sign up for Game Pass Ultimate with that $1 promo and that turns into 3 years of Ultimate Game Pass?

Hope someone can help me out here...

I Haven't played Xbox in about 3-4 years. If I buy 3 years of Xbox Live right now and redeem the codes, what do I do next? I sign up for Game Pass Ultimate with that $1 promo and that turns into 3 years of Ultimate Game Pass?
Yes, but if you buy 3 years make sure you turn off the auto renew because that gives you an extra month when you redeem the first 2 codes otherwise it will give you 2 years 2 months and not let you redeem the last code.

sixamp

Ok so I already have XGPU on pc and it's about to expire. So I should buy the Xbox live cards then do what?

FastOrc

It's all good just signed up, got gamepass till 30/12/2022. with 2 12 month xboxlive gold cards. thanks all.

Iced Arcade

Previous gamepass ultimate expired. Bought 3 years of gold expecting to upgrade to ultimate for $1 😂 found out it's a 1 time only upgrade promotion. (In Canada, might be different in some countries)

With that being said I had another issue/dumb inconvenience that I had to contact support for... They gave me the ultimate upgrade for all my patients lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom