• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Studios Japan Is Working On A 'Truly Groundbreaking Product' For Xbox

Please be Sakaguchi and Lost Odyssey 2

Or maybe even that cancelled cry on game.

OMG my memories of Lost Odyssey. That game was sooooo emotional. I remember almost breaking down at some of the memory fragments or whatever they were. Plus the combat was amazing, just an overall outstanding game that I don't think got the credit it deserved. Was one of my top games for that gen of xbox, I can't even remember, was it the 360?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That just reads like a general "we're hiring" tweet, not a "we're actively working on something right now" tweet.

So whatever this is, it's probably a few years away at the earliest.

Yeah, that's the generic plural "product". Nothing specific there.

I don't know, but each time I hear a developer saying the word "groundbreaking product", I remember a lot of developers saying the same as they fail to create something meaningful. I am someone who rather shows something first than place my mouth in front, and under deliver.

tVJKhKL.jpg

That just reads like a general "we're hiring" tweet, not a "we're actively working on something right now" tweet.

So whatever this is, it's probably a few years away at the earliest.
Yeah. Developers are hard to come by right now. A bunch of studios are announcing products that haven't even begun development, just so they can entice people to work on them.

they need to make a new game engine that is does CEL shaded graphics (not cross gen) so they can make anime based jrpgs, adventure, fighting games for xbox series and pc

I don't doubt them anymore they have proven me wrong after they drop 8 Billion and then another 75 Billion like it nothing
so i dare not question Chad Spencer anymore

Last edited:
it says "product" not "a product".. sometimes people use "product" as a plural.

"We've got to move a lot of product this month to meet our quota", etc.

Just a super generic "we are doing awesome things!" post really.

I'm in 'product'. Have worked with many at Microsoft (outside of the XBOX unit). I have never heard 'product' used that way at my company nor by anyone that I've talked to at Microsoft.

Describing a division of an organization that works on multiple products? 'Product' is cool. As 'I'm in product' or "I'm on product".

Describing things that you are working on? Product not so cool, unless you're referring to cocaine.

This is clearly a single entity. And anyone who doesn't think they have something lined up for Japan and that they are going to give it up has lost their mind.

The post hardware world is almost upon us. Japan is going to be fair game soon.

Last edited:

iceatcs

I notice MS love big name devs. Like for example, the initiative but what happened to them. Put all big names in the team isn’t always success.

Top Bottom