• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox gamers "better" than PS4 and PC according to LG's "completely scientific new research"

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
1-reviewxboxon.jpg

Legendary videogaming company LG has finally answered the ago-old question of which console fanbase is better:

"More than 1,400 gamers participated in LG’s Elite Reaction Test, created in partnership with Activision," the press release explained.
"PC gamers happened to fare the worst, with an average reaction accuracy of 67.7%, compared to Xbox players who had an average accuracy of 77.1%.
"When taking the test, users were required to click on targets that faded from green to red as quickly as possible to help increase their score."
"Overall reaction scores produced from the test show console gamers to have the best reactions, or ‘twitchiness’, with Xbox gamers having an average reaction score of 79.7 and PlayStation gamers with 71.9. PC gamers had the lowest average reaction score, with 62.2.
"In terms of number of targets hit, Xbox gamers led the way with 78% of clicks on target. PlayStation gamers hit 74%, whilst PC gamers hit just 70% of the time.
"Although PC gamers hit fewer targets than their console counterparts, they were, however, the quickest to react with almost 1 in 5 (18%) of the targets hit being green.
"Compared to Xbox players who only hit 9% of targets while they were green. This meant that while PC gamers were less accurate overall, they did seem to have itchier trigger-fingers."

Daily star offers the details.

---

Wonder if auto-aim was enabled or disabled? :pie_thinking:

---

EDIT:

Now you can take this test yourself!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Leaked footage of the test conducted by videogame market veterans LG:

h9gwfrP.gif

This seems to match the description given in the article.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The funny part is this PC gamers always say
PC gamers >>>>>>>>>>>Consoles Gamers

JLB

Banned
#XboxMasterRace
On reality, my guess is that since Playstation have more casuals overall, that affects the metric.

Edit:
On a second thought, maybe this is proof that Xbox Controller is better for FPS at least.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The funny part is this PC gamers always say
PC gamers >>>>>>>>>>>Consoles Gamers
They cite the quicker reaction times of mice. So maybe they are just worse at reacting because they do not need to react quickly.

petran79

Banned
Computer that did the test got BSOD:

PC gamers repair sucess rate: 70%

Xbox and PS players rate: they all left, leaving it to PC gamers

I was worried when I read that title and was thinking Fanboys. Glad it wasn't the case!

Those years of CoD practise paid off for reaction times! :) (or would that be PUBG now?)

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
They cite the quicker reaction times of mice. So maybe they are just worse at reacting because they do not need to react quickly.

That was my thinking too. I expected Xbox gamers to score higher than PS, but figured PC would have a lock on #1 until I thought about it a bit and came to the same conclusion as you.

Xbox was a perfect online community during the original Xbox live days.

So maybe just maybe, the smaller a community the better it is?

PSVR community for instance is fantastic..

Edit: I misread this to fuck lol

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I don’t buy it. I can’t speak for PC users, but when you compare console gamers, the console with the most players will always have the more skilled players because the talent pool is larger. Speaking from experience, I found better players on 360’s version of fight night round 4, and I find that ps4 has the best fobs (mgsv) players.

As far as consoles go, I don't doubt that xbox has better skilled players. It was home of COD players since MP became relevant in the series. Xbox also has the best 1st party competitive MP shooters in Gears and Halo.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

What is the purpose of a research like this?

Last edited:
"In terms of number of targets hit, Xbox gamers led the way with 78% of clicks on target. PlayStation gamers hit 74%, whilst PC gamers hit just 70% of the time.

So if I have all three systems, that means I would hit an amazing 222% of clicks on target?

Am I doing this right? :messenger_winking:

epicnemesis

I am in the “Top 0%” of gamers. So I’m either really good or really bad. Also if their scientific testing was based on that little web game then it is absolutely meaningless.

A.Romero

LOL WTF.

I mean, I don't doubt Xbox players could be better (for some reason) but it sounds like they have 0 standards for testing. It's like saying that Civic drivers are 50% better than Mazda drivers because they tend to have shorter lap times... while measuring the laps in different courses and with different cars and tires.

Must have been enabled.
Either that or they didn't have many FPS PC players participating.
i think this might be relevant. Did they just pick random PC players or specifically FPS-fans? I mean it was called the shooter box for a reason. Total War players won't fare as well.

ROMhack

Isn't that obvious? PS4 players are total casuals!!111

4 The Players? More liek 4 The LOSERS! xD xD

/s

Last edited:

Aren117

Makes sense they lack skill, since all PS4 players do is walk slow while listening to characters chat and hide inside grass on their cinematic games.

TLZ

Banned
Xbox Master race.

PC gamers trigger happy. No wonder they're always in here itching to shoot consoles and console gamers down :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
It makes logical sense that console gamers have quicker reactions to compensate for a slower input system. That said, the difference between the two consoles makes sample size and selection validity suspect.

Top Bottom