• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ozriel

M$FT
I think the show will be very good, however - and unfortunately - I don't expect big third party announcements there.

Granted these days, companies prefer to announce games independently anyways.

I’d be surprised if we don’t get quite a few third party AAA titles there. Console showcases provide a significant amount of views.
H74NzTo.jpg

It's happening.

Gameplay from all three is pretty much guaranteed at this point. You could bet your house on this. Along with Forza Motorsport and Hellblade 2

What’s uncertain is how much else they’ll show from their portfolio. InXile, Compulsion games, Machine gun games, initiative, Avalanche and a couple of others are also long overdue to show what they’ve been working on.

Mr Hyde

Gameplay from Fable would be cool indeed. I don't really have any nostalgic ties to the franchise, I've only played Fable 2 together with a friend (and liked it a lot), but this reboot is strangely very enticing. I wonder how it stacks up to other WRPGs such as Elder Scrolls or The Witcher 3.

Elysion

Banned
Between Fable and Avowed, which has more potential to fill the void left by the continued absence of The Elder Scrolls 6? Obviously Starfield will have lots in common with TES, being a Bethesda game and all, but since it‘s sci-if instead of fantasy it won’t be the same. Since Avowed and Fable are both (presumably) open world fantasy rpgs, I think there‘s a chance that at least on of those can fill this void.

XesqueVara

Between Fable and Avowed, which has more potential to fill the void left by the continued absence of The Elder Scrolls 6? Obviously Starfield will have lots in common with TES, being a Bethesda game and all, but since it‘s sci-if instead of fantasy it won’t be the same. Since Avowed and Fable are both (presumably) open world fantasy rpgs, I think there‘s a chance that at least on of those can fill this void.
For a Bethesda RPG style would be Avowed 100%, game already set in a Lore rich universe with Gods, Monters, Races, Dragons...etc

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
They have announced so many games back in 2020 showcase that we haven’t seen since! This is the high time to show what was announced back in 2020 -
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Avowed
  • Fable
  • Everwild

And Hellblade 2 was announced in 2019!
Yep. As hyped as I am for Starfield and Forza, those were shown last year so it takes away from their sizzle a bit. That said, I am pumped to see single player gameplay for Forza and the usual Todd Howard blowout.

Time to give us a little something something more. Something with meat on the bone.

Last edited:

Isa

Mind if I board the shortbus? I'll wipe my hooves, honest.

I was thinking it'd be cool to see what Japan support they've got in the works this time, as last year was really cool. I'd love to see that Persona3make be true, and more Ichiban in Like a Dragon 8 would go over excellently with my gf and I. I could also see some interesting things with Squeenix. They've left Xbox high and dry in regards to Octopath Traveler 2, and I could see that getting an announcement, maybe. Like we're getting that Dragon Quest Infinity Strash game which is pretty obscure. Regardless whatever it is we'll take it lol.

As for first party I'm keeping my expectations in check, but am fairly optimistic. Forza and Starfield are going to be fun for me, so anything else is a bonus in that regards. I'm thinking we'll see some gameplay of Armored Core, and maybe some other BamCo games. Glad the show is during the weekend.

saintjules

What does "Deliver" mean? If it means trailers of gameplay but half these games don't come out until 2024/2025? 4 to 5/10.

If Deliver means deep gameplay reveals and most of these games coming out within the next 12 months? And they are actually good to great to boot? 10/10.

Bookmark this. All I can say.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm slowly getting more interested in this. Especially now I know it's on a Sunday and I'll definitely not be working.

I hope there aren't any leaks (I assume there aren't any already).

I don't care about a giant list of games all getting 2 minutes to air an advert. I'd really like them to show the first party stuff we haven't seen, but show it being played, and explain how the games will work. I'd be happy to see 3 games for ten minutes each and then the Starfield preview.

I would love someone to have the confidence to not show a game until it's essentially complete and then give a lot of detail with the first reveal. Realistically, I think only a first party can do that.

I don't expect that, but it'd be cool.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Ozriel

M$FT
I remember these kinds of phrases from another hype thread not too long ago.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

eh. You’ll see.
Happy to put a bet on this if you’re feeling confident 😀

Oh agreed. Well, definitely bookmarked :)

Seems like an easy benchmark to hit. Fable is most certainly the only one there you could see not meeting that milestone, but even that one is likely to arrive on or before holiday 2024.

Batiman

Banned
Any rumours yet? I have no idea what to expect. I haven’t been following gaming news that much lately. Is this their big show? Like their e3 show?

A good move from Microsoft is to get the Nioh games on Xbox.

Wu Long did well on Xbox because of game pass. Microsoft should try to get the Nioh collection on game pass as well.

i mean....this should be MS's sony's 2016 conference. At least 4 uninterrupted gameplay presentations is what I am expecting.

Should be if they’re willing to show it

Getting to see new footage of Fable, Avowed, and Hellblade will be enough excitement for me to be happy about their showcase.

Top Bottom