• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Hyde

Definitely think we will see Avowed as Spencer said he's played it recently. I'd only expect CGI trailers for new announcements, pretty high hopes as I believe we'll see a load of gameplay and a heavy emphasis on UE5.
Hype through the roof if we see Perfect Dark and announcements of new Banjo and Quake.

Awowed + PD + Banjo + Fable

Christian Bale Swag GIF

ElCasual

Imagine you are in high school, and you are in the locker room. Surrounded by the football team. You are part of the Baseball team, and you walk in there and somebody says "Why do you play Baseball? Baseball sucks. Football is the best."

and you reply "Baseball is more fun and I enjoy it more." And then the 20 Football bros laugh at you, then rough you up and shove you into a locker.
I am a blue rat but I respect all the Xbox fans.

Fredrik

My wish for this showcase besides Starfield which will get it’s own show:

Fable - uncut gameplay
Gears 6 or anything from Coalition using UE5
Something from id - Doom or new IP
Hellblade 2 - uncut gameplay
Ori - anything at all, just want to see that the IP is alive

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Your last line is the crux of the problem, numerous active posters here call anyone posting positively about xbox as shills, cult members yada yada.

Everyone should be thick skinned on the internet by default but it gets tiresome after a while seeing the same thing over and over in literally every topic about remotely anything related to xbox.
Xbox could put all of that to rest, but it's the same damn thing every year with them. Constant stories of mismanagement, delays and mediocre releases when the competition is literally doing the opposite.

Believe it or not, I want Xbox to be successful. I'd love nothing more than for them to have a steady flow of AAA games per year, but they should have been there by now and Phil Spencer should have had a plan in place for this instead of constantly going online and being a talking head.

Jboemios

Banned
Xbox could put all of that to rest, but it's the same damn thing every year with them. Constant stories of mismanagement, delays and mediocre releases when the competition is literally doing the opposite.

Believe it or not, I want Xbox to be successful. I'd love nothing more than for them to have a steady flow of AAA games per year, but they should have been there by now and Phil Spencer should have had a plan in place for this instead of constantly going online and being a talking head.
We totally believe you

Calverz

Definitely think we will see Avowed as Spencer said he's played it recently. I'd only expect CGI trailers for new announcements, pretty high hopes as I believe we'll see a load of gameplay and a heavy emphasis on UE5.
Hype through the roof if we see Perfect Dark and announcements of new Banjo and Quake.
Id love Quake but if there was, that would be at quake con? Unless its cgi trailer and gameplay for quake con. Who knows.

Featuring : Hellblade 2 Senua's saga, a typical cinematic, 3rd person over the shoulder action adventure-game with "not that much gameplay®" that you love to shit on other platforms but that you'll now love 'cause it's on yours.
Only on Xbox®, coming 2024 - only 4 years after our most powerful console (in the world) launch.

On a serious note, I just stopped caring, this will be filled yet again with promises and... Starfield, it's all just so tiring at this point.
Show, don't tell, put the money where your green mouth is MS
This has some truth to it. I can't believe Hellblade 1 came out in 2017 which is 6 years ago and Hellblade 2 was announced in 2019. A 2024 release would mean that it took 7 years between release which is ridiculously crazy. Its not like they are developing GTA 6 or a 24 hours TLOUS2. Its a freaking linear story based game. 7 years? seriously? The level of incompentence is crazy.

Riky

$MSFT
This has some truth to it. I can't believe Hellblade 1 came out in 2017 which is 6 years ago and Hellblade 2 was announced in 2019. A 2024 release would mean that it took 7 years between release which is ridiculously crazy. Its not like they are developing GTA 6 or a 24 hours TLOUS2. Its a freaking linear story based game. 7 years? seriously? The level of incompentence is crazy.

Not really. The game is on UE5, number of third party games released on UE5 so far, none.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The Last Guardian took a lot more time. Sometime games have a difficult history. And Ninja Theory did Bleeding edge in 2020. I do not think that they have two teams, so they should have really began after that.
All I have wanted more than anything is a Fallout 3/New Vegas remaster. That's literally it. This is pathetically low hanging fruit that MS refuses to grab.
I would love for that to happen. I loved New Vegas. And the Fallout 3 intro vas pure genius. It is bound to happen one day as Xbox got the studio and the Fallout IP.

Not really. The game is on UE5, number of third party games released on UE5 so far, none.
Yeah but outside of the Coalition, they are the only studio with the biggest experience using Unreal Engine. They have partnered closely with Epic so many times and alot of UE character rendering tech and workflow has either been invented or accelerated by them.

But again the blame lies squarely on MS. They have all this resources and its up to them to rightly divide it up.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Yeah but outside of the Coalition, they are the only studio with the biggest experience using Unreal Engine. They have partnered closely with Epic so many times and alot of UE character rendering tech and workflow has either been invented or accelerated by them.

But again the blame lies squarely on MS. They have all this resources and its up to them to rightly divide it up.

It'll probably one of the first AAA games to release on UE5.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
MQcMF23.jpg

Not a gamer if you're not looking forward to this lot.
Excited for Indiana Jones, but worried given the heavy handed, shit writing of the team's previous game and the god awful level design.
Wolfenstein III I would be more excited for if Wolfenstein II didn't suck.
Fable is years away and in dev hell.
Forza Motorsport has shown me nothing that makes me excited. Just looks like more Forza.
Gears 6 is meh given the mediocrity of 4 and 5.
Everwild is in dev hell and we know literally nothing about it.

We have no idea of Perfect Dark, its quality, or even what it will look like in-game. Given the last Perfect Dark game was a steaming pile, I can't say I have much hope.

ESVI I am very excited for, but that shit isn't coming until 2028 at the earliest. Bethesda has already stated they won't even start full dev until Starfield is out the door.
State of Decay 3 is meh. Wasn't a huge fan of the first two games. Glad for those who are excited for it though.

Senua's Saga is meh. The first game had a neat little premise, but its gameplay left a lot to be desired and had zero replayability.

Contraband we know literally nothing about.

Outer Worlds 2 is zero excitement given how fucking terrible the first game was aside from its art direction.

THen again, RIky is the king of Xbox Warriors on the site now that Senjutsu is gone. Not surprised by the "you are not a gamer" trash.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I feel sorry for those of you hoping for Fable. That game is likely a trainwreck.
Yes because playground studios releases trainwrecks 😆. We won't see it until it is polished and months out from release just like FH5 and their other games. I find it funny people want to try and taint a game from a studio who has never failed to deliver quality.

gothmog

Gold Member
It seems like an easy slam dunk for them to have a good show if they stay grounded in games guaranteed to be ready to launch in the next 12 months. Break the cycle of constant apologies and promises that next year will be better.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yes because playground studios releases trainwrecks 😆. We won't see it until it is polished and months out from release just like FH5 and their other games. I find it funny people want to try and taint a game from a studio who has never failed to deliver quality.
I look forward to seeing what they can do. I am curious how a studio known for doing racing games (which they do quite well) will tackle an RPG

Varteras

Gold Member
If we saw 50 percent of this I'd be a complete mess....

Sing In The Face GIF by Travis

If I saw 50% of you I'd be a mess too :messenger_blowing_kiss:

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but... Arkane didn't really miss either. Until they just did. Badly. Doesn't help there have been rumors of development troubles and a number of high profile departures mid development.

It seems like an easy slam dunk for them to have a good show if they stay grounded in games guaranteed to be ready to launch in the next 12 months. Break the cycle of constant apologies and promises that next year will be better.

Already done.

capsule_616x353.jpg

XesqueVara

Naaah,Honestly this 12 months thing just limits the potential of the showcase tbh, doubt anyone would be mad if they showed Fable gameplay even if is a 2025 game for exemple.

LordCBH

My "want to see more" list:

1. Fable
2. Avowed
3. Perfect Dark
4. Indiana Jones
5. Everwild

Almost identical to me, but I have no desire for Everwild. I don’t really know why, but SoT has really put me off being excited for anything Rare, and SoT is fucking great.

Riky

$MSFT
Naaah,Honestly this 12 months thing just limits the potential of the showcase tbh, doubt anyone would be mad if they showed Fable gameplay even if is a 2025 game for exemple.

Also Spencer said new games will be announced and it would be very surprising if they were releasing in the next 12 months.

doomdizz

Neo Member
neogaf has become less of a place to discuss videogames and more of an extension of console wars twitter. you can tell by the amount of people directly linking to engagement farming console wars twitter accounts to support their arguments. even 4chan /v/ has become a better place to actually discuss games without constant console warrior drivel.
Well thats a god damn lie and you know it lol. You cannot discuss sony games on /v/ without over half the thread being exactly what you describe. The other threads are also filled with warrior nonsense but a bit more tame. You’re being overly dramatic to make a bad point

Last edited:

XesqueVara

Hellblade 2 will get a release date here, NT is already hiring to work on their next IP and don't makes sense to show the game for a Third Time in the TGA, pretty sure it's locked.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Well thats a god damn lie and you know it lol. You cannot discuss sony games on /v/ without over half the thread being exactly what you describe. The other threads are also filled with warrior nonsense but a bit more tame. You’re being overly dramatic to make a bad point
Bro that discussion is over. Move on please.

Ev1L AuRoN

I just want to see gameplay, not another MK1 CGI trailer. Has been a while since we last saw Hellblade 2. Come on Xbox!

Top Bottom