• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They really only need Starfield.

But there will be so much more.
No, they need a lot more than one game at this point.

There is no world in where Starfield alone saves Xbox. Ask Phil.

Showcases have never been the problem. It's delivering on the promises made at the showcases that trips them up.

Last edited:

Killer8

It's funny how things change in a week. Xbox's poor position is the same, but Sony's showcase was so lackluster that it's an open goal right now for Phil. All he needs to do is get Starfield, Forza and something like Hellblade II out this year and I think Xbox could be the console to own in the later half of this year. It could be a similar story to late 2021 unfolding where Sony had like one good game versus a handful from MS.

Flabagast

For the first time in years there is absolutely 0 chance that it will be worse than Sony’s showcase, as this one was straight up abysmal.

So there is no pressure at all

feynoob

Banned
shocked canadian GIF by CBC

Did people lose their mind with this showcase, that they are anticipating Xbox showcase?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That’s a hard one. On one hand I don’t think they have SHOWED anything shocking or great in one of these in a long time.

On the other hand they did shadow drop runner up to GOTY Hi Fi rush.

Stafford

I mean....

We should be finally seeing Avowed, Hellblade 2 and probably more. And right after will be Starfield time. For me already better than today. But hey, we'll see.

I'm sure as hell gonna start believing insiders less and less from now on.

Camreezie

This is the best opportunity for MS to upstage Sony in years imo. They need to take it, and it won't need a 10/10 show to do it either.
Completely agree , i think they will squander the chance though. If they come through with good game and release dates they could gain ground

Robb

Gold Member
Pretty much expecting the same quality as Sony’s. Only difference is that I expect a poor show from MS going in, I didn’t from Sony.

Astray

Gold Member
Completely agree , i think they will squander the chance though. If they come through with good game and release dates they could gain ground
I have a feeling this will be a solid show.

Some recently announced titles unlikely to be at the showcase.

Not unlikely, basically confirmed. Anything we saw tonight on the PS showcase is either signed to an exclusivity or a marketing contract with Sony. I assume we will see other 3Ps going with Xbox + Xbox 1P.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is this the Starfield you're talking about?

If so, MS is going to need more than Starfield.

If they have a good presentation with StarField, they already beat Sony's first party showing from this presentation. The only thing of note was HellDivers 2, which looks fun but shallow - and SpiderMan 2, which looks like a glorified expansion to the first game. Again. After we arleady got a glorified expansion to the first game with Miles Morales.

Chukhopops

Some recently announced titles unlikely to be at the showcase.

I still cannot believe that second row is real, what a lineup. Really glad there's basically zero 3rd party moneyhat I care about right now.

AW2 is going to be an incredible showcase on recent PCs.

Loxus

If they have a good presentation with StarField, they already beat Sony's first party showing from this presentation. The only thing of note was HellDivers 2, which looks fun but shallow - and SpiderMan 2, which looks like a glorified expansion to the first game. Again. After we arleady got a glorified expansion to the first game with Miles Morales.
Did you see that Starfield gameplay?
Hopefully it gets a major overhaul.

This is definitely Xbox last chance, Sony left the bar low enough.

At the very minimum we're getting Starfield, Forza and Hellblade 2 gameplay, all next gen exclusive.
Throw in Avowed and a couple of new announcements and it isn't even close.

Hoping Hellblade 2 delivers, got a soft spot for Ninja Theory and it’s the only game Xbox has shown so far that’s impressed me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Did you see that Starfield gameplay?
Hopefully it gets a major overhaul.

This is definitely Xbox last chance, Sony left the bar low enough.

Yep, wasn't too impressed. But it is at least something *different* than the same generic ubisoft style game with a focus on Narrative elements like Sony has been pushing for years. Even if starfield is a broken mess, it would still be infinitely more interesting to me than Spider-Man 2.

Gone

Banned
It's not that hard

Starfield in December. (Gameplay confirmed)
Forza Motorsport in November. (Almost confirmed to show gameplay)
Hellblade II in February, 2024. (They better fuckin show some fuckin gameplay)

Avowed, Contraband (with gameplay glimpses and release windows)

Maaaaaybbbe
Everwild, State of Decay 3, the Indiana Jones thing and maybe something by ID Software.

Some solid Gamepass additions for the next six months.

And we're golden.

Last edited:

fermcr

Starfield, Forza and Avowed would likely be enough to win.
Fable, The Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade II, Stalker 2 would be a bonus.

Topher

Gold Member
People were way overhyped for these conferences.

There is a very good chance that the Xbox showcase is gonna be worse than the PS one.

I don't think you can say anyone was "overhyped" when there hasn't been a decent showing of Sony's first party studios in over two years. Folks were due for a great show and this was shit.

And Microsoft cannot possibly have a worse show than that.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They would really have to go out of their way to not.
They already have one which will guarantee to be more interesting than what Sony showed. 4 CGI trailers and a CooP Shooter and one single player title with Spiderman that is already the same. exact. game. we have seen twice before?

Even just reshowing the same Forza trailers we have already seen and the Starfield deepdive will be an improvement over Sony's showing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They already have one which will guarantee to be more interesting than what Sony showed. 4 CGI trailers and a CooP Shooter and one single player title with Spiderman that is already the same. exact. game. we have seen twice before?

Even just reshowing the same Forza trailers we have already seen and the Starfield deepdive will be an improvement over Sony's showing.

We know for sure Starfield is there, Forza will be there, I hope to hell Avowed is there. Fable is a toss-up.

Let's see. The ball is in MS's court now.

Top Bottom