• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah, that's true.

I think that's limited though, no? You have to buy a pass and then you get a timeslot. I know there will be written coverage around it.
Showcase is on Friday @ 4 ET. They say they will be doing deep dives into all 9 games shown and Plague Tale is one of them, going to have to wait until then to see what that entails.

DaGwaphics

Yeah potentially a good sign for sure.

I'll be tuning in either way for extended looks, but just saying not expecting much from trailers that skipped main.

Give me 30 minutes of nothing but Starfield gameplay!
Totally. These new trailers could just be alternate looks at games that appear in the main showcase. Or they could be indie type games. Makes the second show more watchable either way. Better than just adding commentary along with the previously seen stuff, IMO.

If I was a marketing guy I would want to have an amazing fanfare for the very last first party cross generation game complete with epic music and explosions.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for. We give you the last crossgen game!
Then have an look at the last cross gen game. Highlighting all the last gen features all tounge in cheek like.
After all the cheering announce that all the following games you are about to see are Series console only.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Lol.

Can't wait for the concern trolls to show up and spin how this is negative.
I was just looking for a post that told of Xbox showing old Xbox 360 games for the second show case, cause dey aint got no games!!!!

Lol.

Can't wait for the concern trolls to show up and spin how this is negative.
Jesus fucking Christ. Not even 5 posts into the thread and already this garbage ^^^

On topic: More Xbox game showcases are always welcome. Hopefully we get Gears 6 CGI trailer

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ. Not even 5 posts into the thread and already this garbage ^^^

On topic: More Xbox game showcases are always welcome. Hopefully we get Gears 6 CGI trailer
I'm sorry if you're offended. That must be hard for you.

Just came from a thread about the 12th filled with the usual trolls, and seeing ms have enough for two shows gave me a chuckle.

Personally I can't wait. Should be fun 😁

Gavon West

If I was a marketing guy I would want to have an amazing fanfare for the very last first party cross generation game complete with epic music and explosions.
Then have an look at the last cross gen game. Highlighting all the last gen features all tounge in cheek like.
After all the cheering announce that all the following games you are about to see are Series console only.
Then you come to GaF and everyone would be saying how cringe that shit was! Hehe

Gavon West

If mankind truly didn't come from apes, they'll show SoD3 during the first or second event. If it doesn't show, there's deffo some monkey shit scattered somewhere.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
steve carell smiling GIF

I'm sorry if you're offended. That must be hard for you.

Just came from a thread about the 12th filled with the usual trolls, and seeing ms have enough for two shows gave me a chuckle.

Personally I can't wait. Should be fun 😁
I'm not offended at all.
Its Gaf bro. Get used to the trolls but its best to try and ignore. Its just posts like yours can be the spark that starts the negativity/trolling in these threads. That's the reason for my reaction to it.

I'm also excited for Xbox games so lets keep that positivity going :)

Last edited:

Global Games Marketing @ Xbox. Confirms that what's at the extended showcase is all new content, presumably meaning things we didn't see at the actual showcase. So I guess that likely means if we saw a clip of gameplay or something, we will see even more of it at the extended showcase. And of course new trailers are confirmed, too.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

I dont think i have seen one Xbox fanboy say they think Series consoles will sell more than PS5 this gen. In fact i very much doubt Phil and Microsoft themselves expect to beat PS5.
So i'm not sure why you're bringing that up, except the fact that Sony fanboys seem to be obssessed with sales over literlaly anything else.

If you offered Microsoft 80mil Xbox sales this gen (and i think they will hit 80mil), they would probably bite your hand off. PS5 is still going to sell 100+mil though.

You bring up fair points. I am certainly not a strong Sony fanboy though, I feel like my post history would make that clear. I would say I am certainly a bigger fan of PS, no doubt - but far from a fanboy. I believe in critiquing things even if you like them, if a critique is deserved. I bring up sales because it’s the only hard, legible number to judge progress on.

Good reply none the less.

I think they've had like non-stop goodwill over the past two years lol. That's why the brand is in such a good place now compared to the Xbox One and they're selling every console they make. They've put in A LOT of work to turn around the brand after last gen. Honestly, nothing in your post seems to be really based in reality.

Respectfully man, I literally brought up quantifiable numbers (you can see sales per console with a quick google). Your post is more an opinion?

I was probably too critical sounding though, to be fair. I get it. I tend to be pessimistic of the entire industry today. I worked in it, I also did journalism in it. I would love for XBOX to have a killer showcase. I just feel as though people need to temper their expectations a little, and as much as I like Phil - I am starting to be a little wary of his shtick. He promises a lot, but I feel like has largely underdelivered. Just a critique, that’s all! Hoping the showcases are all you are hoping for.

Pretty much the acquisitions you mentioned all had games come out around the time MS snapped them up, since then they have release content for those games and we should be seeing new stuff fairly soon if not on sunday.

They crapped the bed with last gen granted, but the 360 was great, bar the last year or 2. This gen has barely got going, from both camps so cant comment on it till its over.

Also dont see why you get a massive sales bump on something that hasn't happened yet?

Got both a PS5 and a Xbox ( but play mostly on PC) Both systems have pretty much nothing for the rest of this year as of today first party wise, bar GOW but that still doesn't have a release date. Like it or not we are clearly seeing the delayed effects of covid, its stuck a year of dev time on pretty much everything.

See what happens on sunday im expecting a decent show and plenty to look forward to. Same with Sony when they decide to have a show.

2023 and beyond is when this gen finally gets into 2nd gear imo.
Sony did a show last week. Meh. I think that’s it until September for PS.

Your points are fair and valid. I expect a move like acquisition of activision to make immediate impact, yes. The stock market did. You are correct though in that it will certainly be an interesting thing to watch as the tree bears more fruit in the future.

I wasn’t trying to come off so negative, I wasn’t trying to start issues. Just offering fair critique. As I posted above and have before on here, I worked in the industry and also did the journalism aspect (for a relatively small site) for a while. I have preferences in gaming, but can also just appreciate the industry. I don’t try to be inflammatory.

Incredibly weird post.

First off with the hilarious timing: going “xbox has no games” 5 days to a major Showcase where tons of games, gameplay deep dives and release dates are to be expected.

Then next claiming that the supply limited Xbox should have outsold the (also supply limited) PS5, with some reality bending logic.

You should stop listening to fringe console warriors on Twitter. There’s no ‘hurt image’ here. And I think there’s more than enough information out there to know that this upcoming showcase is worth getting hyped over.

Again, holy shit at the timing! You could at least have waited until after the 12th…

Hey man.

I didn’t mean to rustle your feelings dude. Not my intention. I try to be honest with my views, if I was a blind fanboy - I don’t think I would have been honest about my preferences.

As stated in this reply x3, I worked in the industry (not for any of the big 3), I also did journalism in the industry for a bit too - relatively niche area I did but regardless.

I don’t try to console ware or be a tool on purpose. Didn’t mean for it to come off like that.

I also didn’t say XBOX has no games, but I do feel like they are sorely missing the blockbusters that helped build their success. They have a few titles in the wings I think are capable, but delays have caused some negative spin there.

I certainly don’t partake in Twitter, haha.

I was just giving my honest opinion. To be fair I was not happy with Sony’s showcase last week, I am honest about stuff. I tend to critique hard, I have a pretty varied taste in gaming (my GOTY of last Gen is The Last Guardian, I was a 1% KZ2 player, and Fable in in my top 10 games of all time). I really try to be fair. I don’t think it’s good to blindly hype though, granted I am probably pessimistic more than needed as the entire industry has me that way the last few years.

It was just my thoughts. I would love to be pleasantly surprised, but just think we need to keep expectations in line. I am also maybe one of the few who, though I like Phil, do believe he hasn’t delivered to the max and gets a pass because he’s a nice dude. I don’t think he has done a ton to advance XBOX, been steady - but still falls behind. Everything is a business, as much as people may not like numbers and what they imply, they are unbias and raw (if reportedly truthfully of course).

Hope the conference lives up to your standards! Would love to be surprised!

Hopefully a good amount of these games are coming out this year.

Not interested in seeing games I can't play for another 8+ months

I want to know as soon as possible, even if it's longer than a year out. Knowing Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey by Sakaguchi, Nobou Uematsu, Akira Toriyama (Blue Dragon) Takehiko Inoue (Lost Odyssey) and Kiyoshi Shigematsu (Lost Odyssey - wrote the "A Thousand Years of Dreams" short stories) are literally how I bought my first Xbox console. The core of the Lost Odyssey team was also the Shadow Hearts: Covenant studio. So much amazing talent was on those games.

clarky

Gold Member
All good.

Yes im aware of sonys show last week, take a couple of games out and it could have been an xbox show most things were multiplatform lol. September is usually their first party show thats what i meant. Hopefully should see what they've been upto then.

Its not clear what will happen to AB franchises and i dont expect that will be a driver of sales until well after the deal closes. You think millions of COD fans should have started rushing out for xboxs when the news broke?
The day the ink drys if MS comes out and pulls the next COD away from PS ( not happening imo) that might move the needle.

BTW nothing wrong with some blind hype, i enjoy being let down every year lol.

6 more sleeps........... Forza this year please.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

All good.

Yes im aware of sonys show last week, take a couple of games out and it could have been an xbox show most things were multiplatform lol. September is usually their first party show thats what i meant. Hopefully should see what they've been upto then.

Its not clear what will happen to AB franchises and i dont expect that will be a driver of sales until well after the deal closes. You think millions of COD fans should have started rushing out for xboxs when the news broke?
The day the ink drys if MS comes out and pulls the next COD away from PS ( not happening imo) that might move the needle.

BTW nothing wrong with some blind hype, i enjoy being let down every year lol.

6 more sleeps........... Forza this year please.
<3

I’m always a fan of good banter and discussion, glad we can handle this like men!

Hopefully the show is good. Have a great one dude!

Wow you must not like many conferences at all.

We just saw the best State of Play in forever and the three highlights from it aren't coming until at least 8 months.
Doesn't kill my hype for the games at all...what are we gonna do? They operate on their schedule, not ours.
True.

Right now all I want to see are games even if they're 2 years out. Just show me things to get excited for. Show me sexy things. Show me next gen things. I'm sure everyone has more than enough in their backlog to get through before these upcoming games are out.

Fredrik

I'm actually interested to see how much of Starfield we get to see, now its been delayed. I'm certainly not expecting a 20+min deep dive like we would of got if it was hitting its Nov release.
Iirc they showed a deep dive of Oblivion during E3 2005 even though it released in March 2006.

Last edited:
Wow you must not like many conferences at all.

We just saw the best State of Play in forever and the three highlights from it aren't coming until at least 8 months.
Doesn't kill my hype for the games at all...what are we gonna do? They operate on their schedule, not ours.
It is what it is, hopefully we see some great games in this week’s events.

Ozriel

M$FT

That would be a terrible mistake, since it’s basically telling your mass market audience that there’s something wrong with cross gen games.

Outside enthusiast forums like this, most people don’t care about whether or not a game is playable on older consoles. The biggest game this year - and slam dunk GOTY favorite - is Elden Ring and that runs on a 1.3Tf Xbox One.

John Wick

I expect the big hitter games in the first show and deeper dives into the smaller games

Regardless I love they feel they have this much to show
This isn't what you think it is!
They will have deeper dives on the games showcased on the 12th. Also talks with said developers and maybe a few new trailers.

John Wick

The state of this fucking industry lol. I remember when we played Halo in co-op over 20 years ago.

I was one of the few who gave 343i the benefit of the doubt with Halo 4 but no more. I'm honestly amazed that some people still care for Halo Infinite or its pitiful post-launch content, all of which should've been included in the base game so far btw.

MS have severely mismanaged the studio or 343i have simply become incompetent. Either way it's a crying shame how Infinite has turned out...
Have to agree. It's a joke how such a large and well funded studio has taken this long to release a bare bones game like Halo Infinite?
Reminds me a bit of PD but they managed to redeem themselves with GT7.

ToadMan

Wait. They wasted 95 minutes today and they want to waste more time on Tuesday? You’d have to be crazy to bother with it.

It’s fine - we get it, there’s nothing major coming for a year minimum from MS first parties, and the rest is indie multiplat stuff.

Take Tuesday off - there ya go.

tronied

Definitely not tuning in for it, but will take a look later to see if anything interesting is announced.

The showcase was where they should have had the heavy hitters*, so I'd be very surprised if anything more substantial comes out of it.

*not that there were any

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Awesome! I hope it’s a longer gameplay video for Starfield. Short gameplay trailer on the 12th and a deep dive on the 14th.
I hope starfield isn’t in this at all. It had its time.. now we need to see what the other teams are up to.

Top Bottom