• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamescom Presentation - Discussion Thread (Now with voting added)

How would you rate the Xbox stream?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So there's another cool beat-em-up game on gamepass (Midnight Fight Express) and a bunch of indies, and The Gunk? I think I almost perfectly predicted this event.

Next time, just listen to me. :messenger_sunglasses:

But yeah, I get the crowing about Halo. Game obviously hasn't had the smoothest dev cycle. It is what it is. MS usually gets points for clear communication. They aren't communicating well about Halo. If it's tomorrow, they should say so. People are going to talk obviously this late in the year.

ManaByte

Got the Mayhem set in Sea of Thieves. Didn't take long.

UcdDqpn.jpg

John117

I know that the format is changing, but I would like a return at the Gamescom/E3 like before. I mean conference, not live studio, please. My hype for Gamescom was under 0. Stop break the entire event, please. It's not possible have more conferences or event for a brand. Halo Infinite must was showed today....

I hate this new format, seriously.

JoeBudden

This presentation wasn't necessary at all, especially after their great E3 show.

There were so many titles that were missing in action that were announced so long ago. Some were even slated for this year.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
From where I'm standing it has better animations, sound effects, music, its more violent, has gunplay, more enemies, driving sections..I mean this game is pretty hype.
Yeah the part that stands out to me when comparing them is it looks like it runs much smoother performance wise and although they both have stylized art design, this one seems more clear or simpler in a way that really helps sell the aesthetic in a great way.

For me it will all come down to controls. I'm wondering if either has a way to make the combat feel like there's a lot of weight and impact. Sifu seems to have some kind of aging mechanic as well so I wonder if that is a gimmick or just visual or what.

I'll watch this later, didn't actually realise that it was on today. I can see there was some new Forza Horizon stuff but I'm avoiding that as I really don;t want to see any more and I've already bought it.

VAVA Mk2

Forza was only impressive nothing shown today (best looking game this gen so far). If MS doesn't show any Halo over the next 2 days they fucking blew it.

anthony2690

Banned
1st of September State of Decay 2 NEW MAP ! Yes :goog_hugging_face:
I'm genuinely surprised at how much support SOD2 is getting, I didn't think it was that popular, but they also announced it has had over 10 million players as well & it was recently in the top 50 most played games too (recently knocked back out)

Reactions: Isa

Fredrik

Can someone summarize please I am not watching this
Flight Sim updates, racing! Awesome! Still no release date for Top Gun DLC though, they’re waiting for the movie.
Forza Horizon 5, looks more awesome than ever, opening races shown. GOTY.
Ugliest limited edition controller ever for FH5.
Humble Bundle indies coming to Gamepass, some looked cool, most looked average.
Cloud gaming on old consoles, play XSX games over the cloud on XB1.
Day 1 on Gamepass Ultimate all over the place.
State of Decay 2 DLC, new big map, old game now but could be cool.
Wastelands 3 DLC, enthusiastic dev, probably great but there was more talk than gameplay here.
Sea of Thieves Borderlands ship, meh.
The Gunk, Dark Mario Sunshine, could be cool but not a good showcase.
Age of Empire talk, not feeling it.

Some grumpy Xbox fans had too high expectations and wanted more, rumour goes that more is coming at the opening day.
Some PS fans are crying behind a laughing smiley and post that everytime someone is excited.

All in all. 7/10. FH5 and Flight Sim are the stars of the show.

Now go update and play Assassin’s Creed Odyssey at 60fps! It’s awesome! 👌

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Flight Sim updates, racing! Awesome! Still no release date for Top Gun DLC though, they’re waiting for the movie.
Wastelands 3 DLC, enthusiastic dev, probably great but there was more talk than gameplay here.

Some grumpy Xbox fans had too high expectations and wanted more, rumour goes that more is coming at the opening day.
Some PS fans are crying behind a laughing smiley and post that everytime someone is excited.

Seeing campaign footage of their flagship title's next entry launching in less than 4 months is not high expectations.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.

That was not a 7/10 more like a 3

Fredrik

Seeing campaign footage of their flagship title's next entry launching in less than 4 months is not high expectations.
They said that it’ll come, probably didn’t want that juggernaught to steal the spot light from everything else, be excited not grumpy 👍

supernova8

Banned
They said that it’ll come, probably didn’t want that juggernaught to steal the spot light from everything else, be excited not grumpy 👍

I'm not sure there are enough important titles coming in the very short-term to say "everything else". I mean there's Forza and... maybe Psychonauts 2.. maybe Hellblade 2? Oh wait no they haven't shown that either.

sutton foster surprise GIF by YoungerTV

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Surprised to see there were expectations for this show at all.
This was only advertised as a bit more info on stuff coming soon.
E3 was Xbox's big show this year - they showed and revealed everything coming out this year then.

That said...this gamescom show sucked, heh.
Not a fan of it - the woman presenter tried way too hard to be witty.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I'm not sure there are enough important titles coming in the very short-term to say "everything else".
I wrote a summary, nothing that I wrote would matter, once they show the Halo campaign everybody will talk about that, it’ll be Halo, Halo, Halo, either that it looks great or not good enough.
I’m thinking that they know exactly when and how they will show it, it’s all about PR at this point, they want to make a big and controlled splash. Just take it easy, it’ll happen.

RPS37

I missed the first hour. When I turned it on, they were talking about Psychonauts.
The whole thing was pretty much ass though, eh?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Meh. I thought it was boring and pointless. But, to Microsoft's credit, it was no more boring and pointless than Sony or Nintendo would have done in COVID-ravaged 2021. Forza Horizon 5 looks like a really pretty Forza game, giving MSFS more content is welcome, but is there anyone alive who cares about State Of Decay 2 DLC? I'm sure there will be someone on here who will scream 'ME I CAN'T WAIT WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU LOL', but it seems like a fairly minor addition to Gamepass.

Oh well. They know we're all waiting for Halo Infinite, so I'm interested to see that.

Top Bottom