• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox indie games event on March 26 including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (aka Jeff Grubb was right one again)

Starfield

more than 25 games shown.

on twitch, March 26

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm going to predict there will be several examples of Indie trash, but worth watching just to see more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I'm also somewhat interested in The Ascent.

Microsoft going hard this gen. Gonna be 360 all over again.

No kidding, eh? Xbox just seems intent in keeping a steady drip of info going to drum up interest and hype. Based on what I’m seeing on various gaming forums and streaming channels it seems to be working. The narrative around Xbox has changed quite a bit since since the launch of the Series consoles...and this gen has barely even begun. I don’t see Phil and Company letting up.

Stuart360

giphy.gif

It makes me laugh when some gamers see the word 'Indie', and automatically think it means some amateur developer making a game in his bedroom with zero budget. Well it doesnt..

Mister Wolf

No kidding, eh? Xbox just seems intent in keeping a steady drip of info going to drum up interest and hype. Based on what I’m seeing on various gaming forums and streaming channels it seems to be working. The narrative around Xbox has changed quite a bit since since the launch of the Series consoles...and this gen has barely even begun. I don’t see Phil and Company letting up.

It all starts with Starfield being announced exclusive. That's the bomb drop. Stalker 2 is the cherry on top.

Last edited:

Bridges

It's very exciting, it seems like a lot of people in the pro and anti Xbox camps sometimes get hung up on the idea of Xbox "being the best" or overtaking Playstation or something. I don't think any of that matters, what matters is that this gen there's a very clear push to get exciting new games on the console, both exclusives and multiplats. After the first couple months of last gen it was hard not to feel second class if you were primarily on Xbox because of all the third party games that seemed to come out on everything except Xbox, a lot of the conversations were around games Xbox owners never got the chance to play, and now that really seems to be changing. It's very cool, the whole industry is better when everyone is putting up a fair fight.

I'm excited about this, some of the best games I played last year were "indies". Outer Wilds, The Touryst, Mutant Year Zero......all great low budget games that kicked ass. I'm sure there will also be a bunch of garbage, but likely some winners too

DJTHEGREY

Sounds good... Hopefully we get some realistic release dates as well. I love seeing gameplay and trailers but not for games not being released the same year. Been waiting for 12 minutes to release forever it seems

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Ooft thats cool, I'm really excited for Chorus and The Ascent, hopefully also see more of that new IP: "The Gunk". I liked the art style of that one. 12 minutes has great potential too, but I fear that one won't have a lot too it, just a gut-feeling though.

Chorvs trailer for hype:

I love this trailer, it reminds me of the intro to Killzone 2.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm excited about this, some of the best games I played last year were "indies". Outer Wilds, The Touryst, Mutant Year Zero......all great low budget games that kicked ass. I'm sure there will also be a bunch of garbage, but likely some winners too

Yeah exactly, I'm more excited for smaller games than the giant ones right now. The big ones are either too far off to care about or are known quantities which I will enjoy thoroughly but they don't have the mystery these new IPs do right now.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to this. Hoping for release dates for The Ascent, Bright Memory Infinite and Crossfire X (campaign).

Dlacy13g

I think the most important thing beyond my excitement for seeing / hearing about games is that some proper expectations for this event have been set. It's entirely Indie focused and that is great, not a problem in my book when you let me know that is the focus. I am not going to log in expecting something other than what has been clearly communicated.

Top Bottom