• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is planning to offer at least 5 new exclusives across the next year

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions are Forza Motorsport 8, Josh Sawyer's game from Obsidian, Redfall, Starfield, Avowed and Stoic's beat em up between July 1st 2022 and June 30th 2023.

sachos

I have high hopes for Avowed and Fable, and looking forward to next Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake. Dishonored 3 too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It maybe. But at least let’s wait until Sunday to see if they announce any game for this year.

Here's the thing. I think with this fiscal comment they're giving themselves escape room to not have that much first party out this calendar year lol

Cause fiscal ends june. And they very deliberately said first half of 2023 when delaying Starfield and Redfall, that was probably always the plan.

Last edited:

triphero

Banned
LMAO. Flight Sim and Forza. GTFOH. I thought games are about doing things you cant in real life. You know what I love doing? A really boring slow paced sim. Spencer and Xbox fans just wont shut up about how good Xbox is because of these games.

Yeah totally negates Spiderman, Returnal, Demons Souls, Rachet and Clank, Astros Playroom, Sifu, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima remastered. You know whats more exciting than those games? Flight Sim.

And one of these games is going to be Redfall, a coop shooter from Arcane. No one wanted Arcane to make a coop shooter ffs. The one killer studio MS aquires and they are making some bs.

I dont know how its possible MS spends so much money and has such an astonishingly boring lineup of games. Have an Xbox Series X in the expectation something will come through, but even Halo Infinite sucked.

Last edited:

nashman

People thinking Avowed is one the games! Hellllllll nooooooo. An openworld RPG being biult on UE5, well be lucky to see it Fall 2024 let alone before June 2023.

Lognor

Banned
Do you have like a t-shirt that says that? Do you have to be an ambassador to get one?
I should make it my avatar or some shit. You keep forgetting. Don't forget the goat!! (Someone told me ms had the best metascore EVER for a publisher in 2021) . That's goat material!!!!)

Microsoft has all their internal studios, plus all of Zenimax, plau soon to be all of Activision Blizzard, and people are still doubting that there will be a shit ton of first party games dropping in the future?
I have a prediction.
The same people who are saying MS has no games, will be some of the same people Port begging after the showcase.
From 2023 onwards there will be so many games dropping from MS that people will turn on Sony for not having that many.
This is the typical fanboy formula. It will be repeated.

Last edited:

adamsapple

LMAO. Flight Sim and Forza. GTFOH. I thought games are about doing things you cant in real life. You know what I love doing? A really boring slow paced sim. Spencer and Xbox fans just wont shut up about how good Xbox is because of these games.

Yeah totally negates Spiderman, Returnal, Demons Souls, Rachet and Clank, Astros Playroom, Sifu, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima remastered. You know whats more exciting than those games? Flight Sim.

And one of these games is going to be Redfall, a coop shooter from Arcane. No one wanted Arcane to make a coop shooter ffs. The one killer studio MS aquires and they are making some bs.

I dont know how its possible MS spends so much money and has such an astonishingly boring lineup of games. Have an Xbox Series X in the expectation something will come through, but even Halo Infinite sucked.

Internal Studios that havent proved shit. Their exclusives were boring as hell last year. Zenimax a dying company. Acti Blizzard an 800 lb gorrilla no doubt, but all the big games will be multi plat.

If youre into 100 hr Western Style RPGs, yeah eventually the Xbox will be cool. But honestly, wtf are they doing making so many of those. Can you give us 1, just 1 damned tight single player game that makes people go wow? Its crazy.

They will have lots of games. But it just feels like loads of mainstream boring games. Sonys games actually seem exciting. I guess thats the difference between carefully curating your collection of games, vs buying failing publishers and being stuck with those games.

Just wait for next year, the official mantra of Xbox. The thing has been out for 1.5 yrs now and its just trash.

so angry ... why ?

Kagey K

Banned

Looks like you are new here. Probably best not to go straight to 100 with the console warring if you plan on sticking around.

triphero

Banned
Looks like you are new here. Probably best not to go straight to 100 with the console warring if you plan on sticking around.

Critcizing a videogames company, relax. The things ppl get upset about. Console warring is a dumb and overused term. Of all places, Neogaf to be so sensitive about this seems strange when you consider all the wild stuff you guys say in the off topic. But oh no, dont critcize a videogame company!

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Critcizing a videogames company, relax. The things ppl get upset about. Console warring is a dumb and overused term. Of all places, Neogaf to be so sensitive about this seems strange when you consider all the shit you guys say in the off topic. But whatevs.
I'm not upset about it at all. Just thought I'd give you a friendly heads up.

Take it or leave it I don't really care.

triphero

Banned
I'm not upset about it at all. Just thought I'd give you a friendly heads up.

Take it or leave it I don't really care.

Yeah, got it chief. Just surprised at how much like Neogaff is like Resetera when it comes to videogame discussion. Like either ignore it, or tell me why I am wrong.

But come on, the line at Neogaff cannot be dont criticize a videogame company too much, when this place prides itself on all offensive free speech.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah, got it chief. Just surprised at how much like Neogaff is like Resetera when it comes to videogame discussion. Like either ignore it, or tell me why I am wrong.

But come on, the line at Neogaff cannot be dont criticize a videogame company too much, when this place prides itself on all offensive free speech.
It's not about criticizing a company, it's about taking it off topic and dragging the other companies into it.

It looks like bait and derails threads.

If you say you don't like MS games and give reasons you are probably fine.

If you say MS sux and Sony is better (or vice versa) you are probably going to end up under the microscope, depending on the thread topic.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm not so sure since they counted Flight sim in the list of the previous year and IIRC it came out a year earlier on pc.
Exclusive to MS means only on Xbox or PC. This isn't new.

Edit: and even if they went that route all that's left on PC and not Xbox is AoE4.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Scorn will be one of them no doubt.

No, they're talking about MS studio published games. Scorn is third party.

I'm guessing the Gears Anniversary collection might be one of them ?

- Starfield
- Redfall
- Gears Anniversary
- Forza 8
- Josh Sawyer Obsidian RPG

Possibly more depending on what gets announced at the show.

Deathloop and Ghostwire *should* be coming to Xbox when their respective 1 year exclusivity finishes, but it's probably not gonna be the case that they'll land exactly the next day.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Exclusive to MS means only on Xbox or PC. This isn't new.

Edit: and even if they went that route all that's left on PC and not Xbox is AoE4.
"Last fiscal we launched 5 new games across console, PC, and cloud. We are on track to meet or exceed that amount in the next fiscal."

Nowhere is mentionned exclusives, so that may be a possibility even moreso considering they included Psychonauts 2 a multiplatform game.

adamsapple

"Last fiscal we launched 5 new games across console, PC, and cloud. We are on track to meet or exceed that amount in the next fiscal."

Nowhere is mentionned exclusives, so that may be a possibility even moreso considering they included Psychonauts 2 a multiplatform game.

Psychonauts 2 is an Xbox Studios published game.

They're talking about games first party published games. Not necessarily Xbox/PC exclusive games.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Psychonauts 2 is an Xbox Studios published game.

They're talking about games first party published games. Not necessarily Xbox/PC exclusive games.
Which is exactly my point thanks, that means in now way that Deathloop and Ghostwire can't be qualified there.

Kagey K

Banned

We will find out most if not all in 2 days.

So much speculation right now, but the answers are literally right around the corner.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We will find out most if not all in 2 days.

So much speculation right now, but the answers are literally right around the corner.
Oh yeah maybe they will, maybe they won't, I don't know, my point being that neither you or anybody...We will find out in a couple of days...But there arargument as to why Deathloop and Ghostwire can be counted in those games.
Even if you do, the article doesn't say its 5 games full stop. It says at least five games.
Yes, which is something I wasn't debating about but I guess it had to be pointed out for reasons....

adamsapple

"Last fiscal we launched 5 new games across console, PC, and cloud. We are on track to meet or exceed that amount in the next fiscal," it said.

It's worth reading the quote. They're saying they are "on track" to meet or exceed, which means at least 5 games are locked down for the fiscal window that ends June.

So, while it's not kosher that we don't know what's coming out the rest of this calendar year (yet), they are at least committed to releasing at least 5 first party games by June 2023.

Kagey K

Banned
Even if you do, the article doesn't say its 5 games full stop. It says at least five games.
If I think back last fiscal 1st party I see
Flight Simulator Xbox
Psychonauts 2
Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
AoE4
Halo Infinite
Quake Remastered
Ghostwire Tokyo
And possibly Goldeneye

(Feel free to add if I missed some)

Now if we take away Deathloop and Ghostwire due to previous obligations I still see more than 5 games.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If I think back last fiscal 1st party I see
Flight Simulator Xbox
Psychonauts 2
Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
AoE4
Halo Infinite
Quake Remastered
Ghostwire Tokyo
And possibly Goldeneye

(Feel free to add if I missed some)

Now if we take away Deathloop and Ghostwire due to previous obligations I still see more than 5 games.
Which is exactly why I think they omitted Ghostwire and Deathloop,I don't know about goldeneye and can't find anything about it are you sure about this game releasing in 2021?
Looking again it seems that either they don't count remasters or they don't count PC games only either removes on game (not that they didn't release it just that they somehow didn't count it), but seeing that they are saying new games I'd wage it is that they didn't count remasters as new games.

Kagey K

Banned
Which is exactly why I think they omitted Ghostwire and Deathloop,I don't know about goldeneye and can't find anything about it are you sure about this game releasing in 2021?
Looking again it seems that either they don't count remasters or they don't count PC games only either removes on game (not that they didn't release it just that they somehow didn't count it), but seeing that they are saying new games I'd wage it is that they didn't count remasters as new games.
Goldeneye is highly rumored to be a shadow drop this weekend. Hence why I put and possibly next to it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n49880/goldeneye-007-remaster-achievements-rare

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/goldeneye-achievement-unlocked-by-rare-dev.1637409/

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Goldeneye is highly rumored to be a shadow drop this weekend. Hence why I put and possibly next to it.
So you count games rumors that will supposedly come soon as confirmed last fiscal year games ?
That makes absolutely no sense and by my logic I can understand the 5 new games released, not by yours.

Kagey K

Banned
So you count games rumors that will supposedly come soon as confirmed last fiscal year games ?
That makes absolutely no sense and by my logic I can understand the 5 new games released, not by yours.
If it comes out before June 30th it will be in MS current fiscal year. The one they are promising the new games for starts July 1.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If it comes out before June 30th it will be in MS current fiscal year. The one they are promising the new games for starts Juky 1.
Again you fail to understand the logic, I am using MS own statement there that is saying five new games and you are unhappy about it...Go tell that to MS but when you said X or Y don't count I just responded you how they might.And if you refute MS own numbers I think it would be another discussion.
But speculation about unreleased and unannounced games may be going a bit overboard as declaring them published and almost released don't you think?Maybe it will or maybe not again but it is also entirely possible that MS doesn't consider it a new game...Since it is goldeneye

adamsapple

Hoinestly guys as someone else already said, just wait until Sunday lol.

You want us to not wildly speculate and just be patient ?

XFhU457.gif

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You want us to not wildly speculate and just be patient ?

XFhU457.gif
I like and hate this post in a paradoxal way...It is indeed funny but reminded me of that Scrubs episode(although, this one, to me isn't the most emotionnal one,
VfOvtAG.gif

Edit: the Fray may play a role as to why I find this episode more impacting.

Last edited:

Roberts

for me psychonauts 2 had a better story than ratchet and clank RA and more fun gameplay

Yeah, I remember every story beat in Psychonauts and every character. I can barely remember who the bad guy was in R&C and what was his motivation. But it’s not really a fair comparison. R&C was a super solid 7/10, maybe 8/10 game. It’s just that Psychonauts 2 is an absolute masterpiece and one of the best games of its kind. It might not be the biggest game, but its got an enormous heart and soul.

Today is: 10-6-2022 (Earth), 6-10-2022 (Proxima Centauri b).
Ya know I think this whole date written debate comes down to the way different English speaking countries structure there sentences.

When speaking to someone face to face (not typing on a device to a nameless faceless entity on the other end of a screen somewhere on this planet) and they ask for the date, how do you say it.

I’m sure in England they would answer that today is the 10th of June in the year of our lord 20 hundred and 22.
In North America we just answer it’s June 10th and that Banjo64 is why we sit on top of the world. While everyone else is arguing about proper sentence structure, the US already invaded your country and assimilated you into our evil western culture….. I jest.

Can’t wait for Sunday

Top Bottom